Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey goons. Figured that since the fruititarian fad is trendy these days, I thought I would make a thread for sharing recipes. Show us what you got!

Here is some simple recipes I have collected over the years that usually take less than 5 minutes to prepare:

Orange

an orange

Wonderful and colorful dish, very flavorful. Reminds you of minutemaid but with actual substance. Quick meal, too.

TIME: 2 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

-1 orange

Pick an orange. Serve while cold.

Tips: peel the orange using a knife or your fingers.

Grapes

Different types of grapes

Food of the Gods, this dish is a classic. Remember those days when your mom made you some grapes, and the smell covers the entire house? Well, this is what she did to make them.

TIME: 1 minute

INGREDIENTS:

-43 grapes

Wash grapes. Pick grapes from vine. Serve while cold.

Banana

Some bananas

Delicious and ready-to-go, this meal is great if you are constanty active or late to work. Prepare it once a week (I choose Sunday) and you have one of your meals covered daily for a week.

TIME: 3 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

-Bananas

Peel the banana from one end to the other. Eat the banana.

TIPS: Don't peel the banana all the way. Use the unpeeled part of the banana to hold the banana while you eat it.

Illinois Smith posted:

Have you been to wikihow yet? They have helpful three-page articles on how to eat a banana in 6 easy steps, I found your post a bit half-assed tbh
http://www.wikihow.com/Eat-a-Banana

Alright fellow fruititarians, let's see what you got! I can't wait to find out some exciting recipes you have!

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willing to settle
Apr 13, 2011
Raw fruit, really?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Have you been to wikihow yet? They have helpful three-page articles on how to eat a banana in 6 easy steps, I found your post a bit half-assed tbh

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Illinois Smith posted:

Great! Adding that to the OP under "peeling tips"

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
I'm constanty active or late to work, so your Banana Meal is awesome! I did replace the banana with kiwi, because I'm slightly allergic to banana's. Also, the whole peel removal part can be skipped by skooping out the fruit with a teaspoon. Thanks for the recipe though. My version was even better. You should give it a try!

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
I tried your Grapes recipe but used a coconut instead and it was terrible. 1 out of 5 stars.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
In Haiti, the fruit market was basically on the top of a dump - and there's a good rule for eating stuff places like that (a nurse who got an amoebic infection which ruined her small intestine told me, she is no longer able to have cheese because of her intestine being scarred), which is that you should always cook it or be able to peel it...

Well basically these guys were selling oranges - and just spreading them out on the garbage that they were sitting on, not that was a problem, mind you, but the problem came with them peeling them for you to make it easier, and more convenient.

Oh, and the dump? that was one of the buildings that hadn't been cleared, so there were still dead bodies in there.

Fun times!

Yeah - if you can't peel it then you better boil it, and if you chose to peel it yourself, then make sure that it hasn't been resting on gravel mixed up with bits of dead people.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Happy Hat posted:

In Haiti, the fruit market was basically on the top of a dump - and there's a good rule for eating stuff places like that (a nurse who got an amoebic infection which ruined her small intestine told me, she is no longer able to have cheese because of her intestine being scarred), which is that you should always cook it or be able to peel it...

Well basically these guys were selling oranges - and just spreading them out on the garbage that they were sitting on, not that was a problem, mind you, but the problem came with them peeling them for you to make it easier, and more convenient.

Oh, and the dump? that was one of the buildings that hadn't been cleared, so there were still dead bodies in there.

Fun times!

Yeah - if you can't peel it then you better boil it, and if you chose to peel it yourself, then make sure that it hasn't been resting on gravel mixed up with bits of dead people.

Interesting tidbits here, but I recommend not peeling some of those dishes in the OP, like the grapes. I also do not recommend boiling grapes. Instead, I would follow the directions in the OP and hope for the best with that recipe.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

Interesting tidbits here, but I recommend not peeling some of those dishes in the OP, like the grapes. I also do not recommend boiling grapes. Instead, I would follow the directions in the OP and hope for the best with that recipe.

The Japanese peel their crazy overpriced grapes for some reason. So much waste...

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
What is a fruititarian? Can you add an FAQ to the op?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
A diet that can cause deficiencies in calcium, protein, iron, zinc, vitamin D, most B vitamins (especially B12), and essential fatty acids, according to Wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

Banana

Delicious and ready-to-go, this meal is great if you are constanty active or late to work. Prepare it once a week (I choose Sunday) and you have one of your meals covered daily for a week.

TIME: 3 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

-Bananas

Peel the banana from one end to the other. Eat the banana.

TIPS: Don't peel the banana all the way. Use the unpeeled part of the banana to hold the banana while you eat it.

Just so you know, this is very confusing. Because it said to prepare once a week for the whole week I peeled 7 bananas and left them ready to eat and as a result by the time i got to my last banana I got a very subpar banana lunch. It would help if you gave us a better indication of the peeling process, or alternatively some more detailed instructions on the preservation of peeled bananas as I might have missed a crucial step that was implied by I didn't know (I'm not a chef!). Hope that helps.

• Locked thread