Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
HOTAS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guitar Hero guitar.

I used mouse and keyboard but I was trucking pretty casually and I always found keyboard to be fine for casual or less precise driving games so I got used to it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

It seems like if you can't lay out ~$500 for a wheel you're as well off with a controller as with the sub-$300 wheels, unless that's changed since I last looked into it a couple years ago.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Eric the Mauve posted:

It seems like if you can't lay out ~$500 for a wheel you're as well off with a controller as with the sub-$300 wheels, unless that's changed since I last looked into it a couple years ago.

G29's often go on sale for $200. I use a driving force gt I got for like $100 and works great

It's a slippery slope though. First you get a wheel, then you decide you need a cockpit. Then you want to feel the game so you get some butt kickers. Then, since you are trucking, get a shifter.

By the end of it all you got a full motion simulation and a room dedicated to it.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 30, 2022

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

It's me. I have a homemade button box and a $1000 wheel and pedals setup. I started with a driving force GT. (I mean i also use to fir sim racing)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
When's this DLC?

https://i.imgur.com/8VvWeWO.mp4

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I’m playing American Truck Simulator and I really like the roof camera. However, there’s no HUD up there, and the camera is stationary so you can’t look around freely.

Are there any good mods for American Truck Simulator that add a HUD and unlock the roof camera?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 12, 2022

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Mouse& keyboard or controller?

Controller&Keyboard. I keep things like parking brake and windshield wipers on keyboard still.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Western Star 57X released in American Truck Simulator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz-_5Z1IRTY

And tomorrow (Thursday) is the release date for Montana.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Hell yeah, Western Stars are my poo poo. Excited for Montana, too - I just figured out the range-splitter on my H-shifter and have been driving around in manual for the first time ever and there's a lot more thought to go into it. A heavy load up to Steamboat Springs really made me appreciate the truckers going up and over I-70.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Squiggle posted:

Hell yeah, Western Stars are my poo poo. Excited for Montana, too - I just figured out the range-splitter on my H-shifter and have been driving around in manual for the first time ever and there's a lot more thought to go into it. A heavy load up to Steamboat Springs really made me appreciate the truckers going up and over I-70.

I've driven 28' to 53' trailers to Steamboat Springs and across all I-70 from Denver through Utah. Beautiful drives, but when winter came around and snow was falling you definitely weren't checking out the scenery.

Chugging a heavy load up the mountain barely making 25 mph is actually pretty relaxing, to me at least.

(based of out Denver most often I would run from there to Albuquerque, Boise, Steamboat Springs, and Des Moines)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Montana is out, $11.99: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1811080/American_Truck_Simulator__Montana/

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/08/destination-hannover-event.html

ETS2 Event, deliver 7 cargos to Hannover (and 1 must be from the new Krone factory in Werlte Germany, rest can be from anywhere else 200km minimum). Prizes are 3 cabin doodads, and there's no community goal, personal only.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Adding to that, the recipient must be ITS. I did it last night by hauling stuff from Erfurt and Duisburg.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Halloween event is up!

https://blog.scssoft.com/2022/10/happy-hauloween-event.html

Personal Goal: 13 deliveries of the event-specific trailer (named "Halloween Treats"), any distance (hard-coded on server side to be a minimum of 100km/62.1mi), anywhere to anywhere. Reward: Hanging bat dashboard toy
Community goal: combined 666,000 deliveries. Reward: Jack-o-lantern hanging toy (this is already over 50% complete as of this post). NOTE: you must complete the personal goal to receive community goal items.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMSEm-dbTCQ

T minus 10 days 'til yeehaw

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop
My two main hopes are that 635 to 75 is hard coded to be backed up at all times, and that the enemy cars will be Altimas with paper plates.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

I'd rather live in SCS's Texas than real Texas.

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

Awesome! I wasn't expecting the game out until next year. It looks great!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Natsuumi posted:

I'd rather live in SCS's Texas than real Texas.

As a transwoman, same.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Can’t wait to cruise around in Teyhas.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

:toot: It's time! and there's an event to go with it.

quote:

Using External Contracts or External Market, with a World of Trucks-connected profile in American Truck Simulator, the community goal is to drive 125,000,000 miles (201,168,000 km) while delivering cargoes to or from any city in Texas.

When a player completes a delivery to or from 15 different Texas cities, they will achieve their personal goal.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Time to go see the idealized version of Texas :yeeclaw:

My dad lives in Lubbock. Be interesting to see how they model it and what they decided is notable landmarks.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Also of note, the Steam entry for Oklahoma is up, including a trailer, so it looks like that is next.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

Also of note, the Steam entry for Oklahoma is up, including a trailer, so it looks like that is next.

I CAN FINALLY RETURN TO THIS GAME AFTER YEARS OF WAITING! Can't wait to see how they attempt to market this shithole state as Not Bad.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
That map posted above doesn't have Texarkana? What?

The boys are thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana! We gotta bring it back no matter what it takes.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

DoubleNegative posted:

The boys are thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana! We gotta bring it back no matter what it takes.

I won't be satisfied until the entire Gulf South is in the game. :colbert:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I CAN FINALLY RETURN TO THIS GAME AFTER YEARS OF WAITING! Can't wait to see how they attempt to market this shithole state as Not Bad.

this but kansas lmao

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Hopefully Oklahoma will have the old mining towns that were surrounded by poisonous chat and had to be abandoned!

Spiggy
Apr 26, 2008

Not a cop

Kibner posted:

I won't be satisfied until the entire Gulf South is in the game. :colbert:

I'm excited for Louisiana to be added but I will never accept a delivery to Monroe.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spiggy posted:

I'm excited for Louisiana to be added but I will never accept a delivery to Monroe.

this is acceptable. north louisiana may as well be a different country. they root for the cowboys up there. harumph

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

coupedeville posted:

this but kansas lmao

I am eager to see if they can accurately recreate the mind numbing tedium of driving across the Iowan and Kansas plains. No landmarks for miles, just endless fields of grass and the damnably straight road continuing on forever.

Also grain elevators. So many grain elevators.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

DoubleNegative posted:

I am eager to see if they can accurately recreate the mind numbing tedium of driving across the Iowan and Kansas plains. No landmarks for miles, just endless fields of grass and the damnably straight road continuing on forever.

Also grain elevators. So many grain elevators.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYGbRO-jmE

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

:hmmyes:

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band
This texas dlc is by far the best they've made yet. It makes California, Nevada, and Arizona look like garbage.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

DoubleNegative posted:

:catstare:
That's a dealbreaker!

It's a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Poil posted:

:catstare:
That's a dealbreaker!

It's a long way to go, and a short time to get there.

a we gunna do what they say can't be done...

I figured ther'ed be some kind of event to do this with speed limiters OFF for once.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

tater_salad posted:

a we gunna do what they say can't be done...

I figured ther'ed be some kind of event to do this with speed limiters OFF for once.

It's annoying that the speed limiter is forced to 65mph when some of their new states allow trucks to go faster. I don't know what the speed limit is for trucks in Texas but in game they keep zooming past me when I am stuck doing 65, looks like they are doing at least 80. :argh:

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Just make sure you're blasting through every 35 section at 65 to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Khablam posted:

Just make sure you're blasting through every 35 section at 65 to make up for it.

there's a reason my truckin company is called "Hammer down Truckin"
My employees work to pay off my tickets.