Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I hope that when they add Boston it's just a series of corners to get stuck on

Seriously this city is not good for trucks

Also the gps should send you under bridges that you're too big to clear. I want to get storrowed from the safety of home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I didn't want to get too inside baseball for a non-boston thread but you're right

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The best part of this article was the ad inviting people to drive for Lyft in the middle of it. What a world

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

rt4 posted:

It's got to be better than trying out new levels for Jedi Knight in 1998

It's been a long time since I played that game but IIRC if you tried to join a match where the host was running a map you didn't have, it would hardlock your computer

I owned a hacker pretty hard using that knowledge once

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I impulse-bought all the current map DLC for ETS2 on a steam sale; I haven't really touched it since launch, so I want to just start over from level 1, what's a good starting city to choose if I want to see the best new scenery fairly quickly?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

mystery at hog island posted:

Agreed. I started in Norway soon after the longer jobs started taking me down into Germany I had enough money for a second garage which I built in Italy. Once the money starts rolling in it's a good idea to build a garage in each country and mix it up a bit.

It's worth repeating that the DLC areas and the refreshed old areas are really, really pretty and fun to drive through.

I started in Oslo, but I found that it was so far away from every other city that I couldn't find any jobs that took me outside of Oslo right away. So I started over in Palermo and now my plan is to job my way up the boot and then maybe swing east to check out that part of the map.

Sicily was really cool-looking, night and day from the original content in the game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Stupid question probably, but is there a way to adjust the cruise control speed with an xbox controller? I know I can turn CC on by pressing X, but I can't seem to bind the increase/decrease speed to a button, at least not with the in-game settings, I have to use the keyboard for it.

Is there something simple I'm missing or can you just not do that with a gamepad

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

FredMSloniker posted:

I didn't have any problems binding the speed to my controller. What's the issue, exactly? The binding screen doesn't recognize the button press? The button doesn't seem to actually do anything in-game?

The former yeah. Maybe I just need to try different buttons, I was trying to bind it to left/right bumper but it didn’t react to it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Natsuumi posted:

You can rebind them to whatever you want in the settings. I have mine bound to d-pad up/down. It's Cruise Control Speed Increase/Decrease in keybind options.

edit:

Ok that I don't know why it wouldn't be working.

alright well good to know that's supposed to work at least. i'll tinker, maybe i need to unbind them from turn signals first or something. thanks folks

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Has anyone else's ATS seemed noticeably choppier since the latest patch? I don't have any mods or the latest DLC and I only have a budget laptop, but it was generally quite smooth before. I'm not sure what my graphics settings was before but it seems to even have a bit of an issue on medium.

I noticed this happening recently even before this patch yeah. I don’t think it was happening before, not sure what’s up.

It’s just minor enough that it doesn’t quite take me out of the game, but it is noticeable.

I have a 3070 and ryzen 5something, should be more than enough to play smoothly on High I’d think

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Drive fast enough and you come out ahead, surely

And yeah ATS is better imo, but eventually you’ll hit a point where you’ve seen every state and want a change of pace (but not such a big change that you’ll stop playing a truck simulator)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

These jokes are getting corny