Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Def worth it. Its especially cool if youre me and have been to hong kong and eaten a pork bun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

if you ever go to hong kong make sure to head to this place pictured to get cheap rear end video games. you can haggle for price at most kiosks and get even better deals

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

where are the best pork buns

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lesbian baphomet posted:

where are the best pork buns

lol i couldnt even begin to tell you the name of the place where we went. i know it was in tsim tsa tsui i want to say maybe Nathan rd at Cameron rd? Maybe Kimberly. anyway it was really good hot pot + pork buns.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

i'll never in my life remember those road names but it sounds like a fun time. Also, the game is really good.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

lesbian baphomet posted:

i'll never in my life remember those road names but it sounds like a fun time. Also, the game is really good.

the roads are english ppl's names instead of weird chinese names so its easier to remember.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

a Loving Dog posted:

the roads are english ppl's names instead of weird chinese names so its easier to remember.

im curious what the reason for that is. is it because they want international travelers to have an easier time navigating?

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

british colony im pretty sure

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Qing Dynasty leased the whole island to the British back in the 1800's, so now it's full of Chinese people who speak English

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Sleeping Dogs was one of the best games last generation. Every open world game feels hollow to me now without that game's ram button while driving and the ability to hijack moving cars. Thanks to that you never have to slow down and grab a car when yours gets trashed. loving awesome...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

I find chunky ching names easier to remember if I know the kanji.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I'm playing this right now. I played it a few years ago on the PC but the PS4 version is good too. It's a good game and I'm gonna 100% it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sleeping Dogs is sick and the first game I played on my new sick gaming rig and it was godlike. Pulling sick drifts on the rain slicked streets of Hong Kong...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sleeping dogs was one of the best games from the year it came out, def worth it to buy it at that price and especially the remastered ps4 version with all the bonus stuff too

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
now i want pork bun

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You gotta love Pork Bun, You're essentially eating a bun of pork

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I did kinda fizzle out on the DLC though, it's a lot of game with all that stuff packed in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some of the objectives were really funny

✔️ Stuff [NAME] into the ice chipper

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning returns is $15

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

A man who never eats pork buns is never a whole man.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

On paper Sleeping Dogs should have sucked, and it's amazing that it turned out so good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My fav thing was the leaderboard stuff.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I liked that you can take a piss and get a beer or whatever out of your fridge. Actually makes the hideouts mean something unlike gta

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

[Anime paedophile 1992 has beaten your clean driving record by 3000 miles]

Oh he has, has he?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I also liked dressing up as a member of the whanganui mongrel mob.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

My fav thing was the leaderboard stuff.

i remember getting 69 on most jump kicks and then the next time i played some fucker had done 420 of them

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

farsel posted:

i remember getting 69 on most jump kicks and then the next time i played some fucker had done 420 of them

Probably me or hayman...I remember a pretty intense weekend duel we had over that particular record.

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Badass game and the only bad thing I can think of is that it felt short but it's fun to run around and kick the poo poo out of ppl and drive cars too

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

the police outfit which would let you taser and handcuff pedestrians is very good

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I platinumed this game, entirely worth it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
great game op

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The warp station on the radio was nice.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sleeping Dogs was awesome, I loved the car hijacking while driving mechanic

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I remember being kinda disappointed when it started being all about the guns in the second half. It was extremely cool in the early game when you finally came across a rare pistol and everyone who saw you with it shat themselves.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Sleeping dogs is just a load of fun, plain and simple. If anyone hasn't picked that bad boy up, this is a drat good time.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Sleeping Dogs was awesome, I loved the car hijacking while driving mechanic

I played through the game as a pantless luchador and I felt like that made those moments even better

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
This game kicks rear end.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I love this game. I love Tsim Tsa Tsui.

I was surprised how much more fun I had with it than GTAV.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Sleeping Dogs confirmed that I could never live in a left-hand drive country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i played this game on PC years ago and it's awesome. ABSOLutely worth 10 bucks, and i think it's like the Epic edition that comes with DLC and wahtever. Buy it if you enjoyed any of the previous GTA style games.

• Locked thread