Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

30 Imps Agree: Sleeping Dogs is a great game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imps love Dragon's Dogma, Sleeping Dogs, Nintendogs, and the hat from Watch Dogs.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Deffo gonna pick this up. Thanks OP.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Imps love Dragon's Dogma, Sleeping Dogs, Nintendogs, and the hat from Watch Dogs.

:cheerdoge: :shibe: :shibe: :shibe:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Imp Zone's favorite picture:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

nice

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Love this picture :)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Back on topic how is the DLC? I got the base game from PS+ and never got the DLC

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the three main like packs or whatever are deece, i like nightmare at north point because you can put a chinese hopping vampire in your trunk and dump him in the ocean or kill yaoguai with a peachwood sword and i like zodiac tournament because it has its own 70s kung fu movie credits and cool 70s kung fu movie ethnic stereotype bosses

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

There was an early mission where the gang is like "you'd better kill someone so we know you're not a cop!" And I was like ok, I bet this mission ends with a dramatic cutscene where you're forced to kill someone. And then the first guy I saw I roundhouse kicked into a furnace and later I got a gun and killed like 20 more guys by the end of the mission.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"I'm Sun On Yee, motherfucker"

Tender Bender posted:

There was an early mission where the gang is like "you'd better kill someone so we know you're not a cop!" And I was like ok, I bet this mission ends with a dramatic cutscene where you're forced to kill someone. And then the first guy I saw I roundhouse kicked into a furnace and later I got a gun and killed like 20 more guys by the end of the mission.

I really liked how Sleeping Dogs handled firearms in terms of both power and scarcity; when you get one in a mission it's a big drat deal

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

farsel posted:

i remember getting 69 on most jump kicks and then the next time i played some fucker had done 420 of them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i'll probably wait til the remasttered version goes on steam sale again and play it on my pc

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I never played this before but this thread is making me want to.. *googles teh required specs* Oh hell yeah... See ya'll in Honk Kong or wheerever this game takes place.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzvw8uSWucM

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'll probably wait til the remasttered version goes on steam sale again and play it on my pc

Play on os4 so you can compete will cool men like me and others instead of deranged eastern Europeans and people who want to have sex with toddlers.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Bill Barber posted:

Deffo gonna pick this up. Thanks OP.

If i caused even one person to buy this game I've done my work

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There is absolutely no reason not to play this.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Yeah I have it for pc and liked it a lot but didn't beat it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Probably the second best representation of Hong Kong after FF7's Gold Saucer

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Just remembered EMma Stone did 10 minutes worth of voice acting for this game and that Gonjasufi is on the soundtrack.. Cool.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

Just remembered EMma Stone did 10 minutes worth of voice acting for this game and that Gonjasufi is on the soundtrack.. Cool.

You sleep with all the dateable girls in the game once, then never call them again. A+

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

I never played this before but this thread is making me want to.. *googles teh required specs* Oh hell yeah... See ya'll in Honk Kong or wheerever this game takes place.

Honk Kong

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

net cafe scandal posted:

And she was playing a girl who is revealed to be a poseur with an Asian fetish

best dateable girl was the athlete that you apparently gently caress on a rooftop??

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I liked how that yellow fever song on the radio got stuck in my head and then later you meet the singer and she becomes a character for a bit.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I remember being kinda disappointed when it started being all about the guns in the second half. It was extremely cool in the early game when you finally came across a rare pistol and everyone who saw you with it shat themselves.

Its more for me that the melee combat is actually insanely good, once I had all the moves I would just do the fighting club levels for fun. The gunplay is par for the course in an open world game so its a pretty substantial step down imo.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

JethroMcB posted:

I really liked how Sleeping Dogs handled firearms in terms of both power and scarcity; when you get one in a mission it's a big drat deal

The level at the funeral with the grenade launcher is ftw

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Sleeping Dogs is such a good deal that the weird GBS guy who keeps buying my av changes could have bought Six copies of the game by now!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a Loving Dog posted:

Sleeping Dogs is such a good deal that the weird GBS guy who keeps buying my av changes could have bought Six copies of the game by now!

Guy who spends all day googling dog pictures and spending a whole days pay on changing a guys avatar: I'm normal

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Austrian mook posted:

Its more for me that the melee combat is actually insanely good, once I had all the moves I would just do the fighting club levels for fun. The gunplay is par for the course in an open world game so its a pretty substantial step down imo.

melee gets insanely funny once you get the kick to the knee thingy, it makes me laugh/wince every time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

Tell him to buy me a 10 dollar ps4 gift card so I may buy it.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

My favorite move in this game is when you stomp a dudes leg broken. I wish they still made tons of beat em ups all the time, it sucks that every beat em up is just a ripoff of baby batman system these days.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

the three main like packs or whatever are deece, i like nightmare at north point because you can put a chinese hopping vampire in your trunk and dump him in the ocean or kill yaoguai with a peachwood sword and i like zodiac tournament because it has its own 70s kung fu movie credits and cool 70s kung fu movie ethnic stereotype bosses

And Year of the Snake has a good police movie feel to it, though it's not quite as elaborate as the other two.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish Yakuza played like Sleeping Dogs. Maybe the new ones do

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I wish Yakuza played like Sleeping Dogs. Maybe the new ones do
I’ve never played Yakuza but when I played Sleeping “Doges” (ha!) it’s how I imagined them playing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Karaoke in Sleeping Dogs is hilarious too

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Sfill have it in my inventory cause i bought it for like a fistfull of dollars a year or so ago on sale but im not aure my pc can run it well and then deluxe edition came out for a few dollars more :(
Ive heard nothing but praise for it but people seem to have forgottwn about it

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

sleeping dogs is ok... dont think its that great but thats just an opinion.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Raymond Hog posted:

JethroMcB posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Raymond Hog posted:

the mission where youre taking scenic pictures, some drunk dude gets in the way and the objective is "ask the man to move" or something benign sounding but Wei screams at him and tells him hes gonna rip his loving throat out

• Locked thread