Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Ted Cruz
Marco Rubio
Ben Carson
Jeb! Bush
Chris Christie
John Kasich
Rand Paul
Carly Fiorina
Mike Huckabee
Rick Santorum
Jim Gilmore
View Results

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

LIVE STREAMS

http://www.foxnews.com/ will not require a cable subscription.

In case the official one doesn't work for whatever reason, these :yarr: ones did last time:

http://www.livenewschat.eu/
http://www.stream2watch.co/live-tv/us/
http://www.hulkusc.com/

IRC

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=EU.synirc.net%3A%2B7001&channel=%23Poligoon

LOGISTICS

Venue: Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa
Moderators: Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace with "YouTube Creators" DulceCandy, SoldierKnowsBest, and NabelaNoor
Sponsors: Fox News, Google

THE CONTENDERS

7pm THE KIDDIE TABLE

• Carly Fiorina, former ink cartridge mogul
  • Mike Huckabee, former Governor of Arkansas
  • Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania
  • Jim Gilmore, former Governor of Virginia

9pm A BUNCH OF LOSERS AND HATERS WITH NO CLASS

With their greatest political achievement.

Senator from Calgary

Footwear Model

Egyptologist

former Governor of Florida

Governor of New Jersey

Governor of Ohio

Senator from Kentucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Poll is missing Donald Trump. Please fix.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Tomahawk posted:

I thought we were voting for runner up

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tomahawk posted:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
JEB!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Protest vote Gilmore!

Also was there anything official posted on when the Trumptacular is and if anyone is hosting it? Seems like a thing for the OP

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Wait, how did Gilmore make a debate? Can he even afford to fly in?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Trump has boycotted the poll because it was unfair to him.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Not a Step posted:

Protest vote Gilmore!

Also was there anything official posted on when the Trumptacular is and if anyone is hosting it? Seems like a thing for the OP

He's apparently doing a Donald J. Trump Special Event for Veterans at Drake University at the same time as the debate (8 PM CT), but there's no news on the particulars yet.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is Jeb!'s time to shine baby

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
RU! BI! OHHHHHHH!!!!! has that been done yet

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

echronorian posted:

No one has seen Rubio in months. There are rumors that he's dead.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Carly Fiorina, former ink cartridge mogul

9pm A BUNCH OF LOSERS AND HATERS WITH NO CLASS

Senator from Calgary

Footwear Model

Joe I love you

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Tesseraction posted:

Trump has boycotted the poll because it was unfair to him.

And yet I still believe he will win.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Trump and Bernie are above TV debates

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

echronorian posted:

How about Ru-Ru-Rubio (Whoah)?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Maybe this one will move slow enough I can follow it.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Since Trump isn't an option I gave my vote to JEB!, I think you should all do the same.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I voted for Ben Carson because I think the sleeping dragon will finally awake tonight

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Is trump actually stumped or will his magical powers somehow turn this into a trump win?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Michael Corleone posted:

Since Trump isn't an option I gave my vote to JEB!, I think you should all do the same.
Sorry man, car tax is my number one issue above all others.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Michael Corleone posted:

If Jeb has a legit good showing while not in Trump's shadow and runs with it I will poo poo my pants

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
So the obvious drinking game for tonight is "whenever Trump is mentioned by name" right?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Gilmentum is real

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
protest vote for gilmore

a vote for gilmore is a vote that you throw in the cuuckold OP's face

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Just lol if you think someone needs to be physically present at the debate to win it. We already know the counter event will draw bigger ratings and Trump won't be interrupted by a news organization concerned with giving speaking time to a bunch of losers whose poll numbers can't even sum up to The Great Ones numbers.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
also now the youtubers can't suicide bomb trump

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ted Cruz is cool & good.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Michael Corleone posted:

I thought about adding a comedy option to the poll this time, but then realized I already had.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
gillotine

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I did my duty and voted Jeb!

Should I make a separate thread for Trump's event to contain the two or is this thread gonna do double-duty or what?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I really was looking forward to Trump vs Cruz 2 and for Darrell Hammond this weekend :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Xenophon posted:

Should I make a separate thread for Trump's event to contain the two or is this thread gonna do double-duty or what?

Seems like it should have its own thread.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Joementum posted:

Seems like it should have its own thread.

Thread is live here!

(I had already started working on one)

Xenophon has issued a correction as of 17:45 on Jan 28, 2016

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Little_wh0re posted:

Is trump actually stumped or will his magical powers somehow turn this into a trump win?

Well, since like all of the questions will be about him and almost all of the answers will be too...

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

I voted for Ben Carson because I think the sleeping dragon will finally awake tonight

he always wins the debates. his calling card has always been saying the same apocalyptic poo poo as everyone else but with a sleepy friendly giggly vibe, and he throws in some genuinely funny situational comedy. i think the debates are helping him keep his polling numbers sooooo much higher than they 'should' be

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

oystertoadfish posted:

he always wins the debates. his calling card has always been saying the same apocalyptic poo poo as everyone else but with a sleepy friendly giggly vibe, and he throws in some genuinely funny situational comedy. i think the debates are helping him keep his polling numbers sooooo much higher than they 'should' be

Yeah, he has virtually no media presence anymore because his campaign is such a mess, these debates are basically the only thing keeping him in the public eye.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
In the debate before last Cavuto (National Pokedex number 140) was talking about Wall Street raiders and said Bernie Sanders instead of Bernie Madoff but NOBODY corrected him, everyone in the debate (and probably most people watching) just went "Bernie Sanders? A Wall Street fuckface? Sure, why not, close enough". A disgrace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Also this is what's playing in my head when I scroll through the candidate GIFs, and it should play in yours, too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaI7d0beRA4

• Locked thread