Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who will be playing this with me. If I'm not too tired when it starts I may stream it, for the strange gamer who watches instead of plays.

For fags who like this game: http://www.pathofexile.com/seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Personally I can't believe casuals that believe Diablo 2 is better than Path of Exile have taken over this forum.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

its a very cool game but act 4 is batshit insane hard.

They are nerfing it in the new expansion, praise allah. Also they are going to remove Cruel difficulty soonish because the game is too dang long now

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's me, the twisted gamer who doesn't play diablo clones for the loot.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did not do particularly well, in the race. Wish me luck for the further races friends.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The skill sheet is really boring because you slot skills into gear, because this game has things called support gems that buff skills they are linked to, and they're seriously powerful, but allow you to mix and match what works best for your build or playstyle. As a result, instead of getting to unlock Slightly Better Fireball and raise your health or mana a bit, you can unlock like 10% extra fire damage or whatever. Most of those pips are real boring but there's a few that are insanely powerful on there, like one that lets you never miss hits but never crit, or one that turns all your evasion into bonus armor, or one that removes your entire mana pool and makes all spells pull from your health bar instead.

So the game has this huge skill sheet, but that's only because its visually showing you all those level ups in diablo or whatever where you didn't get a skill point, and also it allows every class to potentially take any skill.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

that pic is also an older crazier version of the grid. the classes start near powerful nodes that immediately benefit them, like the barb-type starts near a bunch of strong +health and +melee damage nodes etc.

ill probably play this when they nerf act 4 again for like, the third time now? they really need to stop trying to cater to the crazies

This made me randomly think of me saying its retarded that this game doesn't have offline play, and like 40 people in the guild chat chimed in to say how they memory hacked in diablo 2 to always have godlike gear. Lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trading is for fags imo. Self find or pooling gear with my party only for this gamer.

• Locked thread