Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Okay that mod sounds rad. Think ill combine it with my planned A Better Advent run soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Cythereal posted:

Wish granted. Here's your Lobsterman King.

Bolow posted:

He only spawns during cruise ship terror missions and never actually moves until you find him hiding in a closet on the 2nd floor

:gonk: No. Nooooo.

E: Actually I'd be totally in for lobsterpeople.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Vib Rib posted:

So in the end if you're looking for a Long War-ish experience with some cool build-your-own-class design but a less bogged down geoscape, it might be worth giving it a try.

Are pod mechanics unchanged? And if so, would you say it would be tough if you enabled the "all pods active" style mods?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Regarding an expansion, there's also the fact that there isn't much room left in the Avenger. The bare necessities leave you with what, 2-3 spots for rooms?

The turret room is a joke and the lab barely has a place. The former can be re-purposed while keeping its original function (or just roll turrets during Avenger Defense as a baseline), the latter could be expanded upon perhaps by letting it manufacture implants or whatever new stuff is coming.

All rooms could be upgraded further to add new functionality without it being too intrusive. Heck Shen and Tygan's rooms could also get upgrades.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Rewatching the trailer, If this is going to be a Friaxis standard expansion then the final fight with the chosen looks like it'll take place during Operation Leviathan as a murderous showdown with all three of them.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Andre Banzai posted:

Well I guess they're gonna be very satisfying to shotgun if you wanna explode Star Trek aliens.

Man, they look really dumb, I'm sorry. I'm rewatching the trailer and they look so loving stupid talking really dumb lame stuff in English to the camera.

I like em, mostly warlock, even when they are talking. :shobon:

Pharmaskittle posted:

lmao if you aren't down with new aliens looking dumb as gently caress, Avatars looking stupid is what makes it so incredibly satisfying to shotgun them

Caros posted:

I have unlimited psychic potential! You pathetic humans canno- *Point blank shotgun blast to the face*

The correct attitude.

Cythereal posted:

Like anyone didn't kill the Uber Ethereal with a blaster bomb followed by a double tap sniper.

The correctest attitude. :colbert:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Pretty much this.

You sure y'all ain't thinking of Terror from the deep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMyPVpogqcM

(oh my god the xcom aquanaut is called Jake!, This explains everything!)

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Have they said if that plot mission is always going to be reapers and skirmishers(?) in that first mission, with the latter getting captured by the assassin, or if that will randomize abit and you might get a different chosen ruining the day?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Because XCOM is the only faction that matters. :colbert:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
If you're entire team isn't full of grinners (and a robot) you're doing it wrong.

:awesomelon: :smugbert: :smug: :smugdog:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
All three with the Templar. :colbert:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Moola posted:

so which would you rather gently caress, the old or the new skyranger?

I like the sleek design of the older model but the new one is pretty gruff and manly too

Bradford ranger. :smugbert:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I'd always hoped for certain dark event's "Permanent" status to be tied to certain facilities (Avatar or otherwise) to destroy or infiltration's to manage in order to remove them.

Ah well, maybe a mod will do it. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Well I finally beat unmodded War of the Chosen after taking a long break. A good expansion. Icarus armour and the hunter's weapons on a full gunslinger/sniper was disgustingly powerful. :haw:

As an aside, the main menu amuses me in how great it is, they didn't have to make it randomly choose a vista, aliens and a member of your current campaign squad, but they did, and I love them for it.

So much red.

So. Any fun collections of mods kicking around that you guys suggest looking into? I see ReailityMachina is still in business at least!

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 29, 2017