Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Kai Tave posted:

"Terrorists From the Deep" is still the better thread title imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

XCOM sympathizers are the Dees/Alex Jones crowd of the 2030's! :tinfoil: :catdrugs:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Zhang is a cool dude those missions were fun, IMO. I guess some people will hate/like anything and you really can't please everyone, weird.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

what happened to those beagle gifs of the massive overwatchs? If someone has those, we should get em in the OP.

XNam was glorious, I agree friend.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Mordaedil posted:

Why is there a problem with giving the kid some good advice on why he isn't getting the responses he's been wanting? Like, ignoring the kid is a lot more cruel than just giving it to him straight.

It's because he doesn't change and continues to poo poo post, which is impressive considering that most posts ITT are empty hype posts.

^^It's imploded that the limbs can be reattached later, as Vahlen saves them. Meld is the super material after all.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

StringOfLetters posted:

I'm glad that shotguns are better than swords because that makes sense.

This isn't what Halo taught me

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Chin Strap posted:

So I just tried to play LW on my first mission and was a total party wipe. What do I need to differently to not die so much (normal difficulty, using the easier ini and all the second wave options suggested by Iron Rose).

Don't play Long War, just wait for XCOM 2.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

StringOfLetters posted:

Nazi scientist Dr. Vahlen is alive and working on the 'avatar project' for the aliens, she jumped at the chance to continue her horrific unethical gene research with all of ADVENT's resources, she's responsible for the Pectoids, and in the mission where you raid her base, she warns the ADVENT troopers not to use explosives because they need a live resistance member to interrogate.

Source your quotes

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I'm definitely pleased that Ironman isn't even an option after all the :smug: Ironman is the only way to play, prole :smug: chat earlier

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

There are tons of line of sight issues with buildings. I was spotted through a wall, and people were shooting straight up a wall, along with cover not stopping a flank. Be wary around buildings. Otherwise, game's great.

Superior Alien sense comrade!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

How do you make enemies panic? I've gotten several of the "reduce enemy will by 50%" hacks, but I have yet to see an enemy break.

Psychic powers. That all that is useful for.

^Scan in your base.^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Serephina posted:

Difficulties lower than commander don't count. While it's not a description stapled to the label so the new player is making informed consent, it's well known about how the game cheats for the player on lower difficulties.

:jerkbag: