Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I played 16 hours out of a 48 hour period. I never finished a Classic campaign of EU/W, but I'm having the best time with this one, the difficulty curve is perfect. My grenadiers are serial killers. gently caress Codices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Serial killers
Heroes of the human race
My grenadiers

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There's no achievement for killing a sectopod with a sword, what the gently caress Jake?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Broken Cog posted:

Just watched some guy finish Legendary Ironman. I'm pretty sure he had 10 Mimic Beacons equipped, haha.

Speaking of mimic decoys, I just learnt they can win end-of-battle awards.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I got War of the Chosen, and I'm about to play this for the first time in a couple years. Did they ever make the Alien Hunters DLC good? Also what's the deal with the Tactical Legacy pack?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Does anyone have a version of these that's still up? I remember them being great.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

FrickenMoron posted:

Almost done with the 3rd faction now. Claymore remains my mvp, he has almost 200 kills now. Terminal rapidly loses usefulness when everyone can carry a nano medikit but she's still okay. Patchwork starts off kinda meh but becomes very, very good. Automatically stunning/disorienting anyone who gets into melee is really loving good.

Item wise, I feel like the balance is completely broken. There are too many useless items like the weapon disabling grenades or the armor upgrades that are NOT mach weave. Seriously mach weave is so broken it makes all others completely moot.

I cut Terminal off the team after that dialogue about her stealing someone's food because they hadn't labelled it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I just unlocked and bought mastercrafted armour, but my guys haven't gained any slots. Is there any way to fix this?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Playing this has put me in the mood for XCOM 2 again. Is there a mod that improves the UI around action usage? IE something that spells out exactly which actions are free, which will end the turn, etc. The little notes of "This will end the turn" was very helpful in CS.

Also a belated thanks to everyone who answered my questions about CS.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

PERFECT, cheers man

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Did they seriously just break all XCOM 2 mods so they can have a unified launcher?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

drunken officeparty posted:

Is it just me or is this game really short? I managed to crawl my way through and just stopped at the start of the final mission. I feel like I didn’t even do half of the things you can. I only built like 3 rooms in the ship and it gives you 9 for example.

I guess I could have flown around more before starting the end but I only started it because the countdown was almost done and I again had no way to reset it. There just isn’t enough time to do anything but beeline to the end.

E: Xcom 2, haven’t played the others.

Is this a bit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Hey, did anyone save a copy of these gifs? They've been down for years, and I really liked them. I believe beagle was using a mod to put like twenty soldiers into a mission, and the camera was going nuts trying to pan between them all overwatch-reacting.