Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Getting back into XCOM 2 WOTC for a bit. Anyone know a mod that makes the View Soldiers screen a bit more useful? In particular, it would be nice if it showed the Will stat X out of Y, instead of just Ready, Tired, Shaken. Any other fields would be cool too, but it just seems kinda light on info generally, and I'd like to know if a particular dude is at 100% will, or is just barely above the breakpoint for Ready/Tired.

Also, are there any mods that let you assign soldiers into squads in game. I've heard Long War 2 has this, but I don't think I have the time or interest in trying a full Long War campaign in the foreseeable future. However, I like to divide my agents up into "squads" and send them out together in regular WOTC, so if the LW2 sub-mod that does that is available separately, or there is another mod that does that, I'd be really interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Torchlighter posted:

Detailed Soldier Lists is probably the mod you're looking for, it shows you a lot of things on the barracks screen.

Try this Squad Manager that ports the LW2 squad system into WOTC. It's mostly cosmetic, but there's a link to one where it's an actual gameplay mechanic if that's more your speed.

You are the man, god drat. My searching on the Workshop was not finding anything. These look great. I'll try them out tomorrow. Thank you.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

RVT posted:

You are the man, god drat. My searching on the Workshop was not finding anything. These look great. I'll try them out tomorrow. Thank you.

Installed those mods, loving them, they are exactly what I wanted.

Is there a mod that adds more tiers of weapons? Not looking to convert the weapons into another IP's weapons, so the Long War ones look cool and make sense to me (https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Weapons_(LWOTC)) , but after some searching, I can't find just the weapons as a stand alone mod and I don't really want to play full Long War.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

Torchlighter posted:

Pretty much everything from Long War 2 has been ported to vanilla WOTC at some point or another you just gotta know where to look.

Anyway, there's 2 mods that add coil and laser tiers to WOTC, the first being Weapon Tier Overhaul for War of the Chosen (Add Coil and Lasers anywhere). It's alright, comes working out the box with a Mod Config Menu seciton to help you place them in the order you prefer, although you may have to play with damage configs.

I play a lot of total warhammer and mod it, but not to a crazy degree, but just from casual observation, it does seem like there are standalone versions of all the big overhaul sub-mods available. I'm modding XCOM a bit more than I do total war, and I just search and search and I can't find what I'm looking for. Thanks again for the help. This is exactly what I was looking for.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
What do people think of A Better Advent? Playing WOTC and I have a couple mods that make the game quite a bit easier. One that adds 2 more tiers of weapons (the submod from Long War I believe, plasma is still the top) and one that lets me bring a couple extra soldiers on missions. I like both of those and want to keep them, so I was thinking about giving advent a buff or two. A Better Advent sounds good, but I see a lot of complaints about the prime enemies it adds being either annoying or just unfair.

I was thinking something that made pods bigger and/or more of them, and more aggressive. New enemy types and variations sound fun too, but not super powerful individual units like the primes. Those don't sound fun.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Appreciate the thoughts.

Bogart posted:

I agree with the advent pods by force size mod; a better advent is real obnoxious when it comes to Prime units. In Wotc, you can prepare for alien rulers, avoid their facilities, and strike to make them retreat. Prime units seemingly aren’t capped per mission and don’t retreat. A prime sectopod is scary once; it’s annoying and unfun after.

Yeah,, this is basically what a lot of the reviews I've read have said.

Torchlighter posted:

Depends on how you feel about Alien Rulers, really. They have a version of the Ruler Reaction system, although to my memory they have a version that's worse than the system used by the Rulers, which is a nerfed version of the original. I don't recall them doing anything beyond being units that gain actions after taking damage/getting attacked though, so they don't actually change or particularly solve the Alpha Strike Meta. Unless you have Beta Strike on or can't lock them down or kill them, they're still just the same unit with maybe a little more HP.

I do personally like A Better Advent, it mostly creates differentiations that can actually alter combat a little (Advent Heavies are more dangerous than the average trooper) but there's a bunch of different enemy mods floating around, it's really about how willing you are to tailor. I like Diverse Alien Pods By Force Level WOTC because it increases alien pod size and let's them introduce modded enemies into pods, so every pod is a slightly different challenge.

Diverse Alien Pods By Force Level WOTC. Reading some of the comments, they refer to uber enemies ("biozerker, riftkeeper, bio mec, and venator"). I assume they are not as bad as the primes from ABA?

I guess the next question is how people feel about the Alien Rulers. I avoided purchasing it due to all the negative reviews. So, I don't know how I feel about it having not played it.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
What spark mods do people use?

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Perfect, back to mod chat.

Anyone have a mod that makes swords 100% hit? I'm looking on the workshop and not finding much that doesn't have a million comments saying "plz update" and/or "does not work". If it lets swords attack on blue move and not end the turn, or some other kinda buff, that would be alright too. Just trying to find something to improve swords a bit so I use them more. Missing with sword feel real bad.

Also for new playthrough, if you want some gentle QoL mods, do that but yeah no heavy modding. I have 300 hours in XCOM 2 and still don't own Alien Rulers and never will, but WOTC is the perfect version of XCOM 2 so if you think you only got gas for one campaign, maybe test out vanilla for a bit then activate WOTC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
I've never tried long war of the chosen cause everything I've heard about it is like smashing your dick in a car door, but if you're running a bunch of mods the alternative mod launcher is really sweet.