Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I can't wait for Extraterrestrial Combat 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

JosefStalinator posted:

Has anyone found any good coupon codes yet, or are we looking at full price on steam as our best purchase option?

27PERC-OFFXCO-M2GAME good for 27% off at GMG is probably the lowest you will see it go for a while.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

winterwerefox posted:

To get our minds off Junpei, have some art

I completely forgot about the random rear end floating beans from the first XCOM. Thank you for reminding me of that :lol:

XCOM 2 is gonna be cool guys, I just know it!!!!!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

redreader posted:

Is beaglerush still streaming? I checked his youtube and twitch pages and saw nothing. Link me please? (I also checked the OP)

He's on twitch.tv/miss_jamball like always man

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Spiritus Nox posted:

It does seem a little weird that they deem it finished enough for Beagle to go forth and show their baby to the world but sufficiently unfinished that they won't even let us pre-load yet.

...What even happens in the last few days of AAA (...well, maybe AA for X-COM. I'm sure they have resources but they're not COD or anything) game dev, anyway? Just days of non-stop, hardcore smoke tests and frantically coding patches for anything that breaks?

They're all watching Beagles stream in order to see how he breaks the game and what to patch out. At least thats what I want to believe all the 2k employees that were in the stream today were doing :banjo:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

DrManiac posted:

Total biscuit kept mentioning how tough the final mission is and I can't wait. The final mission in EW was disappointing because you basically steamed rolled everything

If you never accidentally overwatch killed the final boss in EU/EW then you never truly played the game!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

:lol: Did you guys really come to post here before trying both keys in the email? Jesus christ lmao

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

AlternateAccount posted:

It doesnt look like two keys the way it's formatted, it just looks like one big long key. Thanks for assuming we're all morons, though!

It's no problem buddy. It is usually hard to distinguish these things when they are separated and on different lines of the email.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

AlternateAccount posted:

Hey, turdburglar, some of us might have gone to GMG's site and seen the key, and there it's smushed right together, thanks for playing.

Also, if it seems like it's crashing Steam to add the DLC key, just clicking WAIT FOR PROGRAM TO RESPOND worked for me, after waiting a bit for the program to respond.

Both the website and the email separate them on different lines to prevent people from having this confusion. No need for insults commando. See you in the 'verse!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Jst0rm posted:

I got a gmg code for 27% off the DD edition. What is the XCOM 2 Reinforcement Pack? This seems to be the only thing that comes in the DD edition aside from music.

It's the season pass for 3 DLC iirc.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Soothing Vapors posted:

if I can't dress up Pectoids in a corset and some gently caress-me pumps by this time next week I don't even know what the world's coming to

Pectoids are the new waifus :bigtran:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Thyrork posted:

... I wonder if it'd be possible to have PCS chips that add perks and not stats? :aaaaa:

Is that a reference to the debacle that was boxed PC MGS5? :allears:

No thats how most games that use steam now come. They come with a steam installer and then have you download the game.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Oh my god on beagles stream

John "Phantom Limbs" Bradford

It's amazing

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

GOTY every year really

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

YoungSexualNorton posted:

New illegal leaked screenshot from the intro l@@k (spoilers !!)

hosed up if true

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I'm pressing F so hard to pay my respects to dead armless bradford o7

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :rip:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Why didn't I install this on my SSD? :saddowns:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Mr. Funktastic posted:

Also is anybody getting some FPS issues? I can more or less max out Witcher 3 and get close to 60 fps, but I try and max out this and get stuck with 30 or worse. Maybe this isn't quite as optimized.

Its funny, I have a 2500k/8gb/570 gtx from like 5 years ago and it is running the game great. I will get some frame issues on the drop but otherwise its smooth as butter. Try turning down the FXAA or something.

Game rules, gently caress you pectoids stop mind controlling me!!!!!!!! :argh:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I really hate snake ladies

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

enraged_camel posted:

I was 2 seconds away from clicking "Buy" on Steam and I decided to check out the reviews. Glad I did, because I found out most missions have a turn limit.

gently caress. That. poo poo.

What the gently caress is the point of tactics and careful planning and positioning if you have to rush through stuff?

:lol: look at this babby

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

PhantomZero posted:

Does anyone else have a problem where sometimes your monthly income won't show up? I had $1 at the end of the month, the supply drop came, and I still had $1. I was supposed to have gotten $180.

Yeah, this has happened to me a few times and its put me in a real lovely cycle of being behind because i cant buy any new items or towers or anything

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Eifert Posting posted:

Man, I just feel like such a schmuck paying $60 for a PC game. I know it's irrational but can't do it. Waiting for a sale I guess.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/vip/

Log in and its 46 bux. Join us my friend. Ittl be better than the super bowl lets be honest.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Coolguye posted:

Jesus Christ this thread is moving faster than the Star Citizen thread.

bullshit. I've never seen a thread move as fast as star citizen.

I can't believe how excited I am for Star Citizen! Its my favorite fake game.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

stupid loving psychic octopus eggs

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I dont think ive ever seen bladestorm actually hit jesus christ gently caress you octopuses

oh my god they heal?!?!

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 6, 2016

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Fangz posted:

Hah. I'm fighting Advanced Troopers in Kevlar.

ddo you at least have mag weapons because that sounds like a horror show i wouldnt want to be a part of!!!!!!! ......commander

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

The Shortest Path posted:

How am I supposed to get Alien Alloys? I've seen it as a random reward from a terminal hack once in about a dozen missions and it's never come up anywhere else.

I want better gear dammit!

You can buy them from the black market and get them as drops and as as investigation sites or from excavating out your avenger. I've never seemed low on them but I was also stuck doing probably a ton of extra missions because everyone kept loving dying or getting gravely wounded so it was impossible to progress.

Seriously gently caress those octopus eggs

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Harrow posted:

Another question: how do I get rid of Burning on a unit? My rookie decided to take a path right through some fire after getting panicked and now she's on fire. She's definitely going to die to it if I can't stop it.

Med kits or hope they stop drop and roll at some point

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Met posted:

Something is buggy. Enemies aren't doing anything on missions anymore. The past two they've just stood still and let me wander through killing them. Has this been brought up before? It doesn't make playing very fun.

Save your game and then close the game and relaunch. THat fixed that for me.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

LordNat posted:

They do a fairly good job of cleanup late game. If you have 1-2 guys on low HP almost ready to die Sword Rangers finish them off better then any other class.

Yeah, use a void rift and a grenade on a group of enemies then pop reaper and boom a pod of 7 aliens are dead in one turn

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I just had the greatest thing ever happen. Encountered a pod of 7 chryssalids and a gatekeeper. popped my last grenade got them to about 6 or 7 hp each and had 4 other dudes go to town on the gatekeeper. then had my hanzo steel wielding ranger pop reaper and killed all of them in one turn. i am so sad i wasnt recording that. You weirdos who hate on xcom swords are dumb because they are incredible.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

oswald ownenstein posted:

Witcher 3 with HairFX and Ultra 1080p -> 80+ fps / in 4k 50-60 fps

XCom 2 1080p -> 20-40 fps

seems legit.

hosed up if true

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So I don't know if this is a weird thing anyone else noticed. I killed a advent trooper with a grenade and it said his loot was destroyed. He was then raised as a zombie and I killed the zombie and it dropped loot. Does the game make a different loot roll for zombies or is this a way to possibly get exploded items back?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Why on earth can you only use those intel options on the ADVENT Network TOwer mission? It feels like that would be really neat to have available all the time.Like have it roll random bonuses or something.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Do most enemies. Even have psi? Outside of what, sections, gatekeepers, or codex?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Is there a mod to let me use both a scope and crit laser? It annoys me that I can't do both!

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wheres my dang mod to let me train more than 2 psi soldiers at a time???? Jake fix your game I think being able to build only one psi lab is a bug.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hemophilia posted:

right after i posted my stream i had to do some stuff and everyone bailed haha. I get it, but i'm going at it again and i'm gonna run out and get an energy drink but generally ill be up all night so if you want to see someone terrible play xcom on a difficulty way above his skill level, /id/horsse Hipster Terrorist will be at it again very shortly, and if you like bernie i've starded a goons4bernie steam group for plaing games and watching others play games.

I know it sounds lame and all but I want to foster a community around the bernie cult on SA and I like streaming xcom while talking about bernie so http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Goons4Bernie is the page and my stream is technically accessible but will be active again in 10 or so minutes. Promise this will be my last post unless i'm proven wrong in my assumption this will be a afailure.

You never actually posted your stream link though?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hemophilia posted:

From how I gather it works in steam, the stream is accessed through the profile of the player or from an option on their name on the friends list. admittedly, i am new at this.

So, my bad if i'm loving up.

Oh, I think you gotta post your steam profile or whatever. I thought you meant like a twitch or youtube link or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

What does Will even do for you in this game now that it's not tied to psi?