Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Oh neat you can target some objects in the environment and they can put status effects on enemies. Blowing up that propane tank shredded that chrysalis's armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Blackfyre posted:

Well I like their thinking at least.

Eth 1: "We need our snake people to be more appealing to the general human populus!"
Eth 2: "Shall we give them legs at least and remove the huge cobra heads?"
Eth 1: "Thats a solid idea, anyone else?"
Eth 3: "Tits"
Eth 2: "Really? That seems a b-"
Eth 1: "Tits it is. Next up, the chryssalid. I'm thinking monster dong."

#3 has a pretty solid grasp on human nature.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Furnaceface posted:

I have managed to keep hype level to minimum.

Mostly because I cant afford $90 CAD for a video game right now.

:smith:

e: The Bureau is currently $4 on Steam, is it worth $4?

It's a cover based shooter and there's a bunch of levels where you have a hat and if it gets shot off you can run out and hit a button to put it back on. So I'd say it's worth it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The terrain swap while keeping the same map features is awesome.

Berious posted:

I cant wait for the huge titted naked dickgirl snake mods

I thought the snake dick came standard?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Solomonic posted:

*stares meaningfully into the distance* XCOM 2 is going to be really good and I want to play it

I google image searched this and the first result was:

This was near the top though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lotish posted:

The modded Muton Centurion is very Krogan. I really look forward to a Mass-Com mod emerging in the future. Get some snek-tits in the romance layer of the ant-farm. :mmmhmm:

Soon there'll be mods for chrysallid, floater, faceless, viper and uh, I don't know what the centaur would be, romance.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Trilin posted:

I just bought it and started on a whim and so far its kinda tedious. Enemies are bullet sponges and your teammates don't seem that useful.

Yeah, it flat out says your teammates don't do as much damage unless you specifically direct them to attack an enemy.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vengarr posted:

Only mod I want Day 1 is to be able to name my Gremlins and swords.

Bernie Sanders voice pack.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Junpei posted:

Things I want to mod in:
Medi-grenade (heals all allies in blast radius)
Chain Grenade (prevents enemies from moving)
Thunder Rounds (+1 damage, stuns organic enemies and disables mechanical ones)

I think learning how to mod XCOM 2 will be a good experience and might cause you to develop some marketable skills in the long run. I know a guy who started out modding things and messing around with flash as a hobby, he eventually started supporting himself with his work and wound up with a very nice government job from the repertoire of skills he built from his hobby. I hope it goes well for you Junpei. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

When I used a VPN to unlock FO 4 I never changed my billing address, I don't recall changing my region in settings but I might've done that.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Yeah if you want to play the high difficulties that is fine, but self-impose Ironman rather than do it officially. The game is likely to be pretty buggy

This is good advice here.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What's the max defense bonus you can get? I've got my rangers running around in spider suits with that dodge PCS and occasionally using the aid protocol on them.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Harrow posted:

Welp, got demolished on the first loving mission. I'm already getting psyched out by the turn limits and making terrible decisions.

I'm playing on commander difficulty and I managed to get in sight of one objective after 5 turns of double moving and grappling with spider suits and finished the mission on the final turn... that poo poo is a little nuts.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wizard Styles posted:

This is where I first started having second thoughts about delaying the Blacksite mission for ~2 months.

I unlocked the Mimic Beacon just before that mission, if I hadn't that probably would have gotten someone killed.

Eh, it's not so bad.

Then another pod showed up, but once all the survivors overcome their shaken status they'll have bonuses to will! Who doesn't love bonuses?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

MadJackMcJack posted:

A rocket or plasma grenade would cause all of those to plummet to their death.

When spotted the snake and codex went to the ground floor, my squaddie sniper was able to grenade the mutons and the archon so the mutons fell, it wasn't enough to kill them, but I hacked the MEC and had two grenadiers and my lieutenant gunslinger sniper so it went ok. I probably wouldn't have so many wounded if I had brought mimic grenades, but oh well!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

monster on a stick posted:

I think difficulty just changes enemy density, right? Not composition, maps, geoscape...?

Also changes the progress towards the avatar project, I believe it's only 8 pips on legendary.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

XCOM 2! http://quentin-taranbino.tumblr.com/post/138786576810/xcom-2-2016

Man I'm glad i had a chain shot grenadier with shredder when I first ran into Andromedans.

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

This game is loving infuriating.

"Why are all the enemy pods parked on top of the timed objective?" :xcom:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I thought it was pretty weird on the final mission when I found the human terranium it was pretty hypocritical of theme to outlaw pets. A couple of up close screen shots http://imgur.com/a/srZNH

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

During the forge mission I also skulljacked a codex and that resulted in a 5 point reduction. I only raided one advent facility the entire game.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

toasterwarrior posted:

God, I hate Archons so much with their massive HP pools and defenses. They should be pod leaders in mid-late, not pod members.

Holo targeting is pretty handy for them, but yeah they take a bit of attention to deal with alright.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Wizard Styles posted:

Blade Rangers

The Good:

The Bad:
Everything else.

I used an aid protocol on a ranger using a dodge pcs in a spider or wraith suit and they pretty much never took damage and were great at forcing enemies to reposition to spots that were worse for them. That being said their melee defense suffers from overwatch penalties right? Even with an accuracy PCS it wasn't that reliable at hitting things.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fintilgin posted:

My gut feeling is that swords were significantly better before release and they got a bit over nerfed in their final balance pass.

Yeah, as much as I liked my blade ranger, I felt like they needed the most assistance from other classes to create a situation in which they'd be good.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

shortspecialbus posted:

oh loving christ it could have explained that. If it did that in x-com, I forgot it, and the blurb when you attach one doesn't make mention of that. Or if it does I'm blind.

Thank you.

Also you can get continent bonuses that let you swap them out and one that gives you an extra upgrade slot (higher tiers have 2 to start).

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Harrow posted:

I broke the story sequence, which is amusing. I skulljacked a Codex during the mission where you recover the alien stasis suit with the proto-Avatar in it. That means I fought an Avatar, and brought back an Avatar corpse, before Tygan and Central even had their conversation about "what if they're making a psionic being????"

Buncha idiots, its corpse is right there!

I did the exact same thing actually. :)

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I used stasis on a chrysallid egg sac and after it wore off this happened.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sober posted:

Man what is with the very final room in this game, who thought it was a good idea.

I sent in a dominated gatekeeper to scope it out then draw enemies into a killing zone, didn't work but I managed to pull it off on commander with no casualties.

Annointed posted:

Wish there was capslock for everything else.

Here friend! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620600092&searchtext=stop Seriously this mod rules.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

splifyphus posted:

It worked for me for one soldier, then never again. Lots of people in the workshop comments complaining. It's a busted mod.

I went with the retro AWC no complaints. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=620586407

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

RBA Starblade posted:

Reaper would be a lot cooler if the melee attacks couldn't just lead to a graze and have poo poo all happen.

Also my psi-op this campaign has failed to dominate all but one advent trooper what a lovely soldier she is.

e: Speaking of which can psi-ops get bonus skills from the AWC?

I didn't notice any of my psi ops getting bonus skills.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dogen posted:

Faceless pods in the endgame are also good targets. Basically anything soft that can't dodge. Same general problem with serial, I swear to god the last several times I tried to use it with my 100+ aim sharpshooter I somehow didn't kill the first enemy because the health bar is not the clearest on legendary when enemies have a trillion health, or the second motherfucker in line dodges and doesn't die.

I got that mod that displays health numerically, it doesn't show projected damage but it's pretty good. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=621376448&searchtext=numeric

Edit: I've got some advanced advent dodging in my commander iron man run.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Aww the DLC comes out when I'm away from decent internet.

Also: Two charges on the pre-ship mimic beacon? Ridiculous!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Just beat Ironman Commander with my soldiers making it through the final mission uninjured, bringing two psi ops and snagging a pair of andromedans early really helped with that.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fangz posted:

Well, they are clearly sufficiently powerful to be worth it (arguably some parts of the War Suit, like the Shredstorm cannon, are too powerful at present), so I don't think buffing them even more by taking away their only disadvantage is a great idea.

Oh man I blew up like half a building and some cars behind the building with one of those, it was glorious.

Yeah, doing that once a combat is worth an item slot.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SynthOrange posted:

I'm not. :haw:

Also I figured out something and am just ignoring all Nexus requests. Every single person asking me to put my mods up on the Nexus? Doesnt own XCOM 2. :filez:

Oh I saw an "Upload this to Nexus please, their system is much more convenient" request today on a mod and I was honestly baffled.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

RBA Starblade posted:

I've only had trouble with Faceless twice. The one time I had trouble with Faceless was in a retaliation on Commander. All my high level units were out wounded due to a stray MEC missile (gently caress mec missiles), so I had squaddies and two corporals, one of which was a rescued medic I had to leave behind to save the campaign. It was the first retaliation with chryssalids. I was down to one civilian left to save in order to not lose, and two were in sight. I send the corporal gunslinger to the closest. Oh gently caress a faceless! He swipes and somehow blows up the floor (they were on the second level), nearly killing the gunslinger. Through sheer luck, the medic saves the gunslinger, and the squaddie squad gets out alive, saving the day. Watching the gunslinger fall into fire was horrifying though.

The second time was when I parked a bunch of guys next to what I thought was a corpse, though I thought it was weird I couldn't step on that tile. Oh it's a living civilian! Oh. Oh wait. No wait stop gently caress

I've seen a faceless on the ground swipe up and miss the target but take out the floor beneath them. The high ground is a cruel mistress at times.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

As much as I would like to see higher tier broken bottles, I completely understand why jagged plasma tubes are not implemented yet.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Digirat posted:

I am finding Tactical Skyranger Escapes very handy to save people from being wounded. In a mission where the loot managed to fall in a field of poison, fire, and in view of a turret, I was able to get the loot on the last turn, grenade the turret and extract before the poison did any damage. It leaves you down a person for the rest of the mission but sometimes you can get away with it.

That's clever, I only used evacs to get the team out, but since there's just a cooldown, well I wish I'd thought of it!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope that MEC DLC comes out soon.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jack Trades posted:

If that DLC is going to be about SHIVs imma be disappointed.

It could be about both, I'd be ok with AI SHIVS that were nameable/modifiable so Johnny-5 could get input on putting tread to alien rear end. :patriot:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lockback posted:

From a gameplay perspective the new weapons seem cool, but from a setting perspective having literally magic weapons is kinda weird.

It meshes well with all the mystical and adventuring classes in the workshop.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Which turned out to be a non-issue because melee sucked. :bravo:

The workshop is such a great way to fix incredibly basic and obvious things. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Unless the mod also fixes the problem that running up to melee something usually means uncovering more of the map, which can mean activating another pod with Jake-knows-what, then melee still sucks.

Thankfully we'll be able to throw a hatchet because that will be a much better option than a shotgun in (runs rough calculations) 0.0000% of cases.

Batmod makes it worth the risk. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=638261867