Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I got DirecTV Now, I'll probably sleep through most of a few races in the early part of the season.

The reporter at Jalopnik is trying super hard to get her credential pulled:

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nascar-is-choking-on-its-constant-rule-changes-1791546423

For what it's worth, I agree the constant rule changes aren't doing NASCAR any favors in attracting new fans, but I'm not sure anyone considered that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

mischief posted:

I've started working Sunday nights and between that and the full retard that has become NASCAR I think this might be the year that breaks my back.

At the very least I'll be sleeping through even more races.

The crazy thing is when NASCAR goes full retard, the average fan turbocharged it with methanol retard injection.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Elitist Bitch posted:

The reporter at Jalopnik is trying super hard to get her credential pulled:

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nascar-is-choking-on-its-constant-rule-changes-1791546423
sometimes her racing posts are ok, but they are mostly bad (didn't read this one yet). she clearly doesn't actually watch the races for most series

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
It's basically a carbon copy of what's been posted here.

So obviously it's bad :v:

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I always go back to my default position of "if you think this is complicated, go look at how the points for modifieds in the 60's and 70's were"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Listening to the angry confused call ins on sirus Nascar was the highlight of yesterday tbh.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Interesting tidbit here from Mike Joy when asked if a 2017 Cup car could finish the Rolex 24:

https://twitter.com/mikejoy500/status/824281174277312512

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I don't even know what the gently caress.

https://twitter.com/CopaCavanna/status/824279838429184000

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Slickdrac posted:

It's basically a carbon copy of what's been posted here.

So obviously it's bad :v: awful :frogc00l:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the 48 team hasn't consistently been quite as great as they used to be over the last three years so if anything would gently caress them over it'd be removing the chase

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/824344510603919360

our boy.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I saw the caption before the photo and had time to think, "What if it's red delicious? Do we have to ban SRA?" Whew.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/824344763314950148

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Nice Kim Jong-Un haircut.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The issues is what it's been for years. The racing generally sucks rear end with a few exceptions each year and instead of changing the racing because it loving sucks, they change the points system to try to fabricate excitement. They'll go through a million points changes if they have to just to avoid coming to the realization that their racing sucks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey Junyer, are you excited to maybe run the Charlotte roval?

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/823305786600341504

:thurman:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

https://twitter.com/dustinlong/status/824620828147023872

:laffo:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Well he's not wrong about the last one. That hit most sports.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

iospace posted:

Well he's not wrong about the last one. That hit most sports.

When the NASCAR ratings first started dropping, a lot of people pointed to the economic downturn. The proliferation of the internet is now impacting everything, so it's their turn to point at a some type of smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that traditional media is dead.

When the NFL sees more ratings loss next season I'm legit interested to see what they point to without the election to blame.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VikingSkull posted:

When the NASCAR ratings first started dropping, a lot of people pointed to the economic downturn. The proliferation of the internet is now impacting everything, so it's their turn to point at a some type of smoke and mirrors to hide the fact that traditional media is dead.

When the NFL sees more ratings loss next season I'm legit interested to see what they point to without the election to blame.

Point taken. I am curious now as well that you mention that.

But (TIME TO SPLIT HAIRS) the other thing is they mentioned ticket sales being down, not viewership. NASCAR (and other series) have been hemorrhaging viewers for a while now and apparently it's starting to reflect with at-track attendance.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

They threw Sprint under the bus there.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Track ticket sales have been down for awhile, at least since 2008. Used to be a Bristol ticket was next to impossible to get now you can walk up to the counter on the day of the race and sit pretty much wherever you want.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bristol Motorspeed way is like... a microcosm for NASCAR taking something that works and making it worse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ticket sales have been terrible because the price has gone up as the quality of racing has gone down but realizing that means admitting mistakes and that's not possible. It has to be the actions of third parties that caused all of this.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Oh no. Michael Waltrip is retiring from Nascar racing.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

dentist toy box posted:

Now they're really in trouble.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Think of all those sheetmetal guys without a job now!

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/823294661079027712

I think he's trying to say that changing the format won't matter when the cars can't pass each other. Fix the tracks and fix the aero.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

Goddamn it, what's going to keep him out of the booth now?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/823294661079027712

I think he's trying to say that changing the format won't matter when the cars can't pass each other. Fix the tracks and fix the aero.

No, he's made it clear in many tweets that he thinks the idea that drivers aren't trying hard 100% of the time is laughable.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Elitist Bitch posted:

Crippling alcoholism and a court order.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

No, he's made it clear in many tweets that he thinks the idea that drivers aren't trying hard 100% of the time is laughable.

Then I'm saying they need to fix the tracks and the aero, not the the championship format.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Then I'm saying they need to fix the tracks and the aero, not the the championship format.

No, you've made it clear in many posts that

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Track ticket sales have been down for awhile, at least since 2008. Used to be a Bristol ticket was next to impossible to get now you can walk up to the counter on the day of the race and sit pretty much wherever you want.

We wouldn't have seen that even five years ago, but we did.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

Crippling alcoholism and a court order.

Going on record: best :10bux: I ever spent.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best part of Waltrip's retirement is going to be when that fat France gently caress orders his PR guy to use it as an excuse for low ticket sales.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Elitist Bitch posted:

The best day of the season is when it switches away from from Fox.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'd rather have Micahel than DW tbh

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Id rather they both get a million claw hammers dropped on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist