Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
https://twitter.com/thepitlanearca/status/743936983114874880

His penalty? Apparently he didn't have an ARCA logo on his suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm stuck in a hotel with none of the above channels.

And no beer.

Help me, I am in hell.

:negative:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Quantrill posted:

If anyone needs some racing info from '72 to '84 I may be of help...

Whoa, you have issues from the golden era of modifieds.... I bet some of those issues have reports from OCFS :psyduck: The Batmobile is even on one of the covers lol (edit- is that a vape battery I see? #vapelife)

Also, poor Mike Wallace caught an rear end whuppin' :nws:

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 19, 2016

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

What the gently caress.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love that shot of Dale in the #2 :allears:

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They probably had no idea who he was, but a ton of people know who the Wallace family is. And he gave a full description of their vehicle. This should be interesting. :munch:

edit: Love the comments like "What a hosed up world we live in. This is why I'm not having kids." Jesus Christ people, get off the internet once in a while.

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 19, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Re: Mike Wallace, Holy poo poo.

theacox posted:

https://twitter.com/thepitlanearca/status/743936983114874880

His penalty? Apparently he didn't have an ARCA logo on his suit.

Gonna need that pic of Ken Schrader's makeshift ARCA decal firesuit.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
What's the red flag for?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That battle for the lead was loving awesome

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Top Hats Monthly posted:

What's the red flag for?

There was a poo poo ton of fluid on the track.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Shopping for Coke Zero 400 tickets and two things cross my mind:
-There are still a ton of tickets for the Cup race two weeks out.
-:lol: ISC for charging the same price for tickets in the Middle and Upper sections of seats, you greedy fucks. Why not make the Middle seats a little less expensive/more commensurate with not being in the best seats at the track? (Conversely, people bought them at those prices in the 300s so :iiam:.)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
William Byron is goddamn unstoppable.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Are you still running Daytona, SRA?

L_Harrison posted:

William Byron is goddamn unstoppable.

I was going to ask who the last driver to win three of their first nine races in a touring series was (Buschwackers excluded) and, uh:

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/744359501667647488

:dogbutton:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

Are you still running Daytona, SRA?

I was going to ask who the last driver to win three of their first nine races in a touring series was (Buschwackers excluded) and, uh:

https://twitter.com/bobpockrass/status/744359501667647488

:dogbutton:

:allbuttons:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'm usually pretty good with the top tier guys that come in every year and I have no loving clue who that guy is

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

He's from the jgr bio cloning cyborg division.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

VikingSkull posted:

I'm usually pretty good with the top tier guys that come in every year and I have no loving clue who that guy is

http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2016/6/19/11972280/william-byron-camping-world-truck-series-recap-iowa-speedway

quote:

Although Byron's family lived in the Charlotte, N.C., area and therefore had some understanding of racing, they had minimal grasp of the particulars and thus had little knowledge about what exactly a Legend car was. So the elder Byron used a familiar tack most parents employ when their children ask for something: Bill demurred, telling William to do some research then they would discuss the matter further.

William did precisely that, delivering to his dad a six-page paper 48 hours later. In it, William laid everything out, detailing what Legend cars were, how it was a great way to get started in motorsports and the location of tracks near them where he could compete.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Xfinity at Iowa on right now, FS1.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Further proof that I have become horribly out of touch with NASCAR: when I saw "Iowa Speedway" I couldn't believe it was a real race because I had never heard of the race track. Bring back the Rock goddamnit what the hell is this 7/8 mile poo poo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Iowa's a pretty good track, actually.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
yeah actually i ended up watching this race and it pretty much looks like they're drifting the drat cars into turns 2 and 4 due to the banking so i'm actually totally cool with this track

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hornish wasn't even supposed to be in this race. Matt Tifft wasn't cleared to drive and they needed a driver.

Since his last race, Hornish has been substitute teaching for work. :stare:

e- And he won. Get the gently caress in. :getin:

Turdsdown Tom posted:

yeah actually i ended up watching this race and it pretty much looks like they're drifting the drat cars into turns 2 and 4 due to the banking so i'm actually totally cool with this track

If there's ever going to be another new track on the Cup schedule, this is probably it.

It'll never happen because it's A Good Track and we have to run Kansas twice a year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Also Iowa only has ~30k seats.

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Hey guys! Haven't been around for a while, just checking in and shitposting before Sonoma. :effort:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

It'll never happen because it's A Good Track and we have to run Kansas twice a year.

i enjoy just about every track in the series (if i ever sit down and watch which is rare) except for martinsville. it's like watching two drag races one after the other that counts as one lap.

there you go that's my unpopular NASCAR opinion

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Went to the ARCA race today. It was fun, but nothing real special. The strangest part was the difference in pit crews. It was like half semi-pros and half people that had apparently never seen a car before. Very weird.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

gret posted:

Also Iowa only has ~30k seats.

NASCAR wouldn't want to ruin their streak of the stands looking completely empty on TV.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Just NASCAR fans making the rest of us look terrible:

https://twitter.com/kurtbusch/status/744905582675525633

That mosque is lovely. I'd even put a head scarf on to see it.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Kurt had to know the kind of responses he would get, and thats great

also thats a pretty mosque

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:stonklol:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I'm guessing blue is the available ones?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Looks like the ticket availability chart for a TNA PPV.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

keevo posted:

Looks like the ticket availability chart for a TNA PPV.

there is no ticket availability chart for a TNA PPV....it's general admission that's free with the purchase of your ticket to a theme park

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

I'm guessing blue is the available ones?

Yep. In other words, ~45 seats purchased in that section. It's better on the Turn 1 end, but there are still decent-to-large sized patches of open seats in a number of sections.

Even when attendance has dropped other places, Daytona has seemed to hold up well, but not this year. I don't know if the interest drop has finally impacted DIS or if people are turned away by the prices- even the NASCAR 3D Splash Zone which featured the Kyle Larson Meet 'n Greet a few years ago at the start/finish line has a couple seats left at $130 a piece.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jun 21, 2016

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

NASCAR 3D Splash Zone which featured the Kyle Larson Meet 'n Greet

thread title

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I'm only interested if each seat comes with a bucket of m&ms and a bottomless coca cola.

:patriot:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

mischief posted:

I'm only interested if each seat comes with a bucket of m&ms and a bottomless coca cola.

:patriot:

Can I interest you in?

quote:

$175- The Monsters Midway Suite Party is located within the new stadium along the Frontstretch inside a Midway suite. To view the race included with your package is a reserved seat on Stadium Level 1. The race is not viewable from the Midway Suite.

Also included in the package is:
-Sprint FANZONE and Pre-Race Access
-Food & Coca-Cola beverages
-Happy Hour drink specials
-Special Monsters parking
-Access to the air-conditioned Midway Suite
-Reserved seat between Pit Out and Turn 1 in Sections 160-169 rows 1-10 & Sections 170-179 rows 11-24)
-Appearances by WTKS 104.1 Orlando “Monsters in the Morning” on-air personalities
-Must be 21 and over to attend

"No, you don't actually get to watch the race from the Suite. Please consume your food and Cokes and then promptly proceed to the Austin Dillon Meet 'n Greet seats."

Or maybe:

quote:

$530- Harley Js (formerly the Coke Zero Club) offers a climate-controlled sports bar experience featuring amenities including NASCAR celebrity apearances, premium food and beverage with a full bar, Sprint FANZONE/Pre-Race access and parking, located on Level 2 in a permanent space inside the new stadium. Seating sections closest to the Harley J's Hospitality are sections 328-336 and 428-436. This hospitality does not have a track view.

The 2-Day Harley J's Hospitality Only Pass does not include race admissions. Pass holder must have a race ticket for both race days to use the hospitality only pass.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

wicka posted:

thread title

Seconded - the motion carries.

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I thought about going but gently caress Daytona's prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can't you just buy a costco sized M & M bag and a case of coke for $20? Consuming that much would be a challenge even for the best goon eaters. I am pretty sure you will go into diabetic coma anyway which if you are watching a race is a best case scenario.

• Locked thread