Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

He's shooting for a Wood Brothers Cup ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Smoke isn't even half the drive Junior is these days.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Brian France comes forward as being the man behind the @NASFACTS twitter account.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Racing is better than no racing.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Poor Sphincter Gobbler. :smith:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

theacox posted:

Wait, goons are surprised that NASCAR veers hard to the right? I mean, I realize that it seems like 99.9% of SA are incredible lefty sperglords, but how do you not see this?

Sure, go fast turn left beep beep, but what do you think you are watching?

Trump isn't a conservative. He's a jackass.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'm glad that NY track didn't happen because it probably would've meant the end of Watkins Glen on the Cup calendar.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Probably not the ones he's threatening to impose tariff on for manufacturing outside of the US, or really any companies given he's threatened to start trade wars with Mexico and China.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

That? Oh nothing, that's just the sound of my heart breaking.

:smith:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Much like Mark, Trump may win a lot of races, but he ain't winning the championship.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

"but I endorsed Barack Obama in 2008" is the new "but some of my best friends are black."

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

All of the good races this year have been pretty good at exposing who the clueless morons are in this thread.

I've known you were a clueless moron for years. :smug:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

If you're not watching the Xfinity race you're missing a heck of a race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

VikingSkull posted:

That's fine, but there's also the pesky fact that in the realm of auto racing it crushes everything else

look, if I was wrong 5 years ago when I talked about how Indy's sub 1's were gonna kill that series, the gently caress is a 3.2 gonna do to NASCAR

I bet they made money on that 3.2

I was really surprised how much NASCAR got for their current TV deal. I guess networks are desperate for live sports. But yeah for sure with their TV deal they're still making plenty of money.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Didn't ARCA try pay streaming for a race last year and charged something like $20 for the stream?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

NASCAR can't compete with Emmacam and Jessicam (RIP).

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

Hey guys! Sorry to not do this in the bingo thread, but I absolutely cannot do bingo this weekend. I'm flying out of town to run in a race that will be run on Sunday. I can post cards if we close it early, say 7pm Mountain on Friday. Do I have a taker to run bingo, or has the game run its course? What say you all?

If you just need somebody to keep track of the numbers during the race, I could do that if you make the cards.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Don't tell me that's Bobby Hamilton Jr.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

gently caress NASCAR and Xfinity.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Junyer owns.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

It boggles my mind what a oval office Teresa Earnhardt is. Dale would be so disappointed.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...op141brytlirn6g

That's the chance you take when you marry a trophy wife.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm not sure what brought on that tweet and if there's a backstory, so I'll just say Yes.

God didn't like that they didn't move the Showdown back to Saturday night as He intended, so it'll run tomorrow morning 11am.

Trucks are apparently running tonight with no practice.

SRA on the front row!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

That reminds me I haven't seen any Stewart/Button Mobil 1 commercials so far this year.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

There are so so many cities I hope to never have to go to again. Like the entire San Joaquin Valley (to include Fresno, Modesto, Madera, Corcoran, Bakersfield, Turlock etc). Or Orlando. Phoenix. Reno. West Texas as a whole. Heck ill switch to whole states, Iowa. Missouri. Nebraska.

Des Moines is a nice small midwestern city if you like that sort of thing. It's very livable. And Iowa Speedway owns.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Also Iowa only has ~30k seats.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Tyler posted:

Anyone catch the ARCA race this weekend?

What a goon.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Norns posted:

I just started watching the 1986 Richmond Spring race.

LOL

Earnhardt is on track leaning out of his window cleaning his windshield. This is amazing.

Almost as amazing as this:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy poo poo! Nice takedown by SRA, but JWT got a couple of weak punches in.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Heathen posted:

Hmm... I have to give it to JWT on points.

Next time you get a chance just donkey punch him.

I don't think SRA was planning on punching JWT though.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

When SRA took his helmet off while he was sitting in his truck I was like "nooooo what are you doing?!!"

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Woo! Thanks EB.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

SRA Owns.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

daslog posted:

I hope it's Samsung because an Asian company as title sponsor would really tweak the redneck fans.

Hisense would be better because it's a Chinese company.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I saw a bunch of tweets and was just about to ask what happened.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Always thought that SprintPCS paintjob looked pretty sharp. Might be tempted to pick up one of those diecasts.

e: Wait do you have to physically go to the Petty Museum to buy one?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's impressive. On the other hand, he is in a KBM truck.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'd rather have NASFACTS.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

is McDowell still a religious nut

Well they talked about how he and his wife just went to China to adopt a kid after not being able to conceive, after they've already had 3 kids, so yes?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Or he wouldn't feel the need to constantly push his car beyond the limits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

One could hope. Since we're dreaming here, can we get rid of the praying too?

I think the prayers are entertaining. Can't wait for the day they have an Iman lead the prayers.

• Locked thread