Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peanut President posted:

The problem is that most people who watch NASCAR don't give a gently caress about the Wood Brothers, Smokey, or anything before 2008. Hell I bet most NASCAR fans don't even know who Dale Earnhardt Junior's dad is.

He's the dude who finally got NASCAR to let their steering wheels turn to the left right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Peanut President posted:

The problem is that most people who watch NASCAR don't give a gently caress about the Wood Brothers, Smokey, or anything before 2008. Hell I bet most NASCAR fans don't even know who Dale Earnhardt Junior's dad is.

Pfft, Junior Johnson. Think about it. That's why he's Dale Earnhardt, Junior, sumbitch.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
There's not a 20 year old southerner that doesn't know who Dale Jr's dad is

They grew up watching their great grandad cheer for him

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Of course people know who Dale Jr's dad is, he's driving the number 88 that his father made famous.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

It boggles my mind what a oval office Teresa Earnhardt is. Dale would be so disappointed.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/...op141brytlirn6g

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

mearn posted:

Of course people know who Dale Jr's dad is, he's driving the number 88 that his father made famous.

:godwin:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Elitist Bitch posted:

It boggles my mind what a oval office Teresa Earnhardt is. Dale would be so disappointed.

That's the chance you take when you marry a trophy wife.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Elitist Bitch posted:

Except for the part where she was always a useless piece of poo poo who got way more in a last name than anyone that was actually part of that family.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Does she still own that Garage-mahal?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Never mind, the CMT special is pretty good. Give it a watch.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Elitist Bitch posted:

The hilarious thing is she had this reputation before he died, his relationship with her always strained the family, and he still left her in sole control of his legacy.

He would be 100% on board with this as her having control is how he set it up. I'd be shocked to hear he didn't tell her to burn it down if he wasn't there to oversee it totally.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

What if I told you a story where everyone involved is poo poo?

http://speed51.com/words-protests-exchanged-amid-mahoning-modified-action/

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Casey Mears is running a Smokey Yunick throwback for Darlington.

https://twitter.com/schwartz_chris/status/730180550779097089

Best one so far in my opinion

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it'd prolly be easier to just punch Brian France in the dick

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

There used to be a rumored rule (20 years ago) at a track around here where anyone (supposedly fans included) could claim the winner's engine after the feature. I never heard of it actually happening. I would just assume that's when the firearms would come out.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

theacox posted:

There used to be a rumored rule (20 years ago) at a track around here where anyone (supposedly fans included) could claim the winner's engine after the feature. I never heard of it actually happening. I would just assume that's when the firearms would come out.

claimer rules have been a thing for decades at short tracks, and I've even heard the fan thing, too

generally, the first year it's instituted, no one uses it because everyone has an illegal engine (hence why the class is now claimer)

second year, someone gets mad enough to break the ice, 9 times out of 10 not worth it, guy techs clean (this is because he's now running cheater shocks)

third year, no one uses it, everyone techs clean (engines) half the field has moved up or down to a class where they can cheat

year 5, rule dropped, class half dead and 8% less fans in the seats than year 1

e- note, this doesn't apply to the lowest style of car like street stock or enduro, those guys don't give a gently caress and happily claim each others cars and engines as a feature of the class, and it usually works quite well

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 11, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also, I've found it better for all involved if a track offers a bounty on the guy winning, instead, preferably one that rolls over week to week and increases

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
c-c-combo!

.... and the fallout from the death of Syracuse starts to settle across the land

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/5/11/kyle-busch-crew-chief-penalized-kansas-2016.html

Kyle Busch and Joe Gibbs racing are a disgrace to the sport. Mr Gibbs if you love Jesus so much why does your team keep cheating? I call for resignation and end of team asap.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
How about they hand down a harsher penalty. Suspending a crew chief doesn't mean much these days.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
yeah, they should carry out decimation of the entire team like the Romans did

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Apparently one lug nut had no threads so it looked like there were five nuts on the wheel but one was just glued there.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Is the 5 lugnut thing just a carry over tradition thing? Why not go to a single, and cut all this garbage cheating out?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

mearn posted:

Apparently one lug nut had no threads so it looked like there were five nuts on the wheel but one was just glued there.

lol this is some good cheating

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

fukken dope

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

How about they hand down a harsher penalty. Suspending a crew chief doesn't mean much these days.

How about treating it like they got disqualified from the race, give up any prize money and 0 points from race.. in the world of one win gets you in.. you can try stupid poo poo and hope you don't get caught.. especially early in the season.
This was a blatant cheat not a "bend the rules a bit"

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

tater_salad posted:

How about treating it like they got disqualified from the race, give up any prize money and 0 points from race.. in the world of one win gets you in.. you can try stupid poo poo and hope you don't get caught.. especially early in the season.
This was a blatant cheat not a "bend the rules a bit"

DQing a race winner for missing a lug nut, which they could do legally like 2 races ago, would be extra dumb even for nascar

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Maybe it's kuz I hate the super buschio bros, but it's not a "missing lug nut" it's a glued on lug nut so that when they put the tire on it looks like all 5 are on and they don't get black flagged. It's not an oops we tried to get by with 4

For now it's here give us a nickel and now you have to call your crew chief on the phone.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

VikingSkull posted:

claimer rules have been a thing for decades at short tracks, and I've even heard the fan thing, too

generally, the first year it's instituted, no one uses it because everyone has an illegal engine (hence why the class is now claimer)

second year, someone gets mad enough to break the ice, 9 times out of 10 not worth it, guy techs clean (this is because he's now running cheater shocks)

third year, no one uses it, everyone techs clean (engines) half the field has moved up or down to a class where they can cheat

year 5, rule dropped, class half dead and 8% less fans in the seats than year 1

e- note, this doesn't apply to the lowest style of car like street stock or enduro, those guys don't give a gently caress and happily claim each others cars and engines as a feature of the class, and it usually works quite well

We had claim rules at Seekonk when we ran in the weekly late model series there. It was only used in our division 1 time that I remember and it didn't work. I forget the details but remember the guy who was accused was like, say goodbye to your money rear end in a top hat. You had to pony up like $500, I think, claim that somebody was cheating and if you were wrong, the track kept your money. Basically we tore this car down for nothing, you lose your security deposit mother fucker.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

tater_salad posted:

Maybe it's kuz I hate the super buschio bros, but it's not a "missing lug nut" it's a glued on lug nut so that when they put the tire on it looks like all 5 are on and they don't get black flagged. It's not an oops we tried to get by with 4

For now it's here give us a nickel and now you have to call your crew chief on the phone.

Right but you forget that literally nobody gives a poo poo about the lugs and its a silly situation in the first place

Also, Kevin Harvick had a fake fuckin gas tank in the car and he got 25 points, at a time when last place was worth 34 points. In the current system, thats .7 of a point. The only people I can ever remember really getting creamed are Carl Long (lol) and MWR. NASCAR doesn't take away wins, ever, and even if they did, it wouldn't be for a goddamn lug nut.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

bigbillystyle posted:

We had claim rules at Seekonk when we ran in the weekly late model series there. It was only used in our division 1 time that I remember and it didn't work. I forget the details but remember the guy who was accused was like, say goodbye to your money rear end in a top hat. You had to pony up like $500, I think, claim that somebody was cheating and if you were wrong, the track kept your money. Basically we tore this car down for nothing, you lose your security deposit mother fucker.

Claim rules own.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I think that lugnut thing is hilarious and exactly the type of cheating NASCAR needs to have come back.

e- the actions detrimental thing tells you they had them on a technicality, prolly something along the lines of "you said there had to be 5 glued and 5 tight, that bitch is tightly glued what you talkin bout"

"ACTIONS DETRIMENTAL THEN WISEASS"

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I do like the lugnuts thing - technically it follows the letter of the rule, but not the intent.

SPiTZ
Aug 9, 2004
At the dirt track I went to growing up in the 80's-90's, I think the engine claiming rule in late models was: any other driver could buy the winner's engine for the predetermined fair cost of an engine. It was in place so you wouldn't have people spending $50k on a motor and winning every week. Not sure how it worked if it was actually determined they were cheating when they broke it down. But I'm guessing that's different than the rule Billy was referencing.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SPiTZ posted:

At the dirt track I went to growing up in the 80's-90's, I think the engine claiming rule in late models was: any other driver could buy the winner's engine for the predetermined fair cost of an engine. It was in place so you wouldn't have people spending $50k on a motor and winning every week. Not sure how it worked if it was actually determined they were cheating when they broke it down. But I'm guessing that's different than the rule Billy was referencing.

There are a lot of variants of how they do it, but the real difference is in the class and/or why it's being instituted.

Low class, small bucks? It works like a champ.

Late model as in wedge style, 4 link rear late? lol they are showing up in $150,000 haulers they are just gonna cheat in seventeen other ways

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also, for the double post, we've had two legends of the modifieds die within a few weeks

Bill Wimble went a few weeks ago

and 5 time Langhorne winner and NASCAR Sportsman champ Dutch Hoag went today

:smith:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

I do like the lugnuts thing - technically it follows the letter of the rule, but not the intent.

I'm down with this as long as they also promise to stop doing bullshit moves like caution clocks, fining drivers for commenting on safety, and all the other nascar bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am down with no pitting during cautions. You should win the race on the track not by lugnut cheating. I guess we need cars that can pass other cars then so this will never work.

• Locked thread