Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Ground floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
http://steamcommunity.com/id/program666
I played a hell of a lot of sf4 and you may want to try to beat my vega
I'll buy sf5 probably near release but I can try to learn other stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ground floor.

Owned.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Ground floor.

lol

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I don't really play fighting games but I'll play persona 4 ultimax when it comes out on ps +. I also might buy the new jojo's game if it's good because I love jojo and all their little friends.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

fair warning though my ping with the US is at 140 minimum and only for the west coast, everything else will be higher probably

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first persona 4 arena was my gateway into FGs, quite a fun game. Sequel is better (more characters, simple arithmetic)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I play KoF XIII, KoF 2002, Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm, Sm4sh, and sometimes some other games like Garou and USFIV but not nearly as much as the other ones.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How does the sfv beta work? Can I only play at certain times?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

How does the sfv beta work? Can I only play at certain times?

if you preordered the game you should have acess to it, and i think its open all of this weekend.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah, you can install the client whenever and if the beta is open it will let you get past the title screen

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

i got access to the beta and i didn't preorder it. maybe it's open for everyone now?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you can finally special cancel chained light attacks in sfv again in beta 4. capcom is full of trolls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

you can finally special cancel chained light attacks in sfv again in beta 4. capcom is full of trolls

Lol cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In excited to get home and try it out, maybe find someone more than just R Mika that I enjoy playing

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i like karin. i tried bison for the first time last night and was weirded out by how idfferent he seems

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I should probably get around to buying it some time so I can find more things to whine aboit

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Is everybody playing as Birdie or is that just a fluke?

SM64Guy posted:

i like karin. i tried bison for the first time last night and was weirded out by how idfferent he seems

Same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In the last beta or two birdie seemed to be the most popular choice so it might still be holding true. I feel like half of my matches were against Birdie or Ryu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hopefully the beta is still up because I'm am ready for some SFV

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am godawful at this game.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

can you fight your friends yet or is it still only matchmaking

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Still only matchmaking

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

Still only matchmaking

fail

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Is Tekken 7 confirmed for this year and did they talk about a pc release at all yet. Help

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tekken 7 is supposed to come to console this year, but they have not said anything about the console version yet and it is more likely to be put off until 2017

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Baal posted:

Tekken 7 is supposed to come to console this year, but they have not said anything about the console version yet and it is more likely to be put off until 2017

:scottsmago:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It is coming to Sony VR though

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i remember playing tekken 2 and beating the arcade mode as nina's sister, and then her scene for beating arcade mode was just like this scene of her in a shower. my mom walked by with a basket of laundry while that scene was going on and i got super embarrassed and turned off the tv really fast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Karin seems fun but I can't learn how to play anybody because I'm constantly getting put in matches. I'll have to stick with R Mika until the game actually comes out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

I play KoF XIII, KoF 2002, Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm, Sm4sh, and sometimes some other games like Garou and USFIV but not nearly as much as the other ones.

play kof with me dinosaurjerk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Is Tekken 7 confirmed for this year and did they talk about a pc release at all yet. Help

i don't think anything has been said about when it's coming to console or pc ragg.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Karin seems fun but I can't learn how to play anybody because I'm constantly getting put in matches. I'll have to stick with R Mika until the game actually comes out

if you put training mode into recording, you can practice ur moves without matchmaking. at least that worked last beta

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

play kof with me dinosaurjerk

I bought this and never played it 3on3 is too intimidating for me. I like 1on1. That's what I like.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

I bought this and never played it 3on3 is too intimidating for me. I like 1on1. That's what I like.

gah!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

uh, ryu can do srk and cancel it into his ultra and it does 50% damage. whazt gives capcom

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

is the final sfv gonna have like lobbies so multiple imps can play eachother tournament style

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HORMELCHILI posted:

is the final sfv gonna have like lobbies so multiple imps can play eachother tournament style

probably, but it will also probalby be a piece of poo poo, like all lobby systems.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

mysterious loyall X posted:

probably, but it will also probalby be a piece of poo poo, like all lobby systems.

I hate lobbies. At last the kind where only 2 peolple can play at a time. I dont want to watch some other dorks have fun while i could be having fun!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

There is a greyed out Lobby option yeah. No idea what it will look like

• Locked thread