Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

In Training posted:

Karin seems fun but I can't learn how to play anybody because I'm constantly getting put in matches. I'll have to stick with R Mika until the game actually comes out

yeah this is why ive been sticking with one character when i play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh my god some turd disconnected when i had him on the ropes, i forgot pubbies dO tHis lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plug pullers need to be eliminated.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the mid air spd makes zangief float in the air and makes the landing timeing all wonky, aNd it's invincible to mika's cool anti air grab :sigh:

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

so far i have fought 2 guys with south korean flags, and 1 guy with a brazil flag. this lag is the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you set it to 5 connection only you still get matches and the lag is way better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training I'm streaming Soul Calibur II

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

If you set it to 5 connection only you still get matches and the lag is way better

can u set it to that in the training mode tho?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

can u set it to that in the training mode tho?

Yeah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

just destroyed probably a child who has never played a fighting game in his or her life the handclap toss uppercut air grab which is very stylish,

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rediscover posted:

I have Tekken 3 on PSX and it sucks poo poo.

you cant be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

teks 3 was badass

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

I.N.R.I posted:

you cant be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, i haven't played it in 10 years but i hated it when i was a child.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
tekken 3 was THE fighting game in my neighborhood gwhen i was a kid. i havent played many since but i will play the persona one next month since its a ps plus game, hopefully with other people who dont play fighting games but had the same idea as me.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

rediscover posted:

I have Tekken 3 on PSX and it sucks poo poo.

gently caress you.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

I.N.R.I posted:

tekken 3 was THE fighting game in my neighborhood gwhen i was a kid. i havent played many since but i will play the persona one next month since its a ps plus game, hopefully with other people who dont play fighting games but had the same idea as me.

The Tekken 3 soundtrack is one of my all time favorite soundtracks, also the game is extremely good.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I played a crap ton of tekken 3 but my brother was the only person who would take it seriously :( so I never really got any good cuz i didnt have pros to get stomped by

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

The Tekken 3 soundtrack is one of my all time favorite soundtracks, also the game is extremely good.

teks 3 was god tier ps1 game. gOd tier.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

teks 3 was god tier ps1 game. gOd tier.

Probably my most played psx game tbqh...

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Playing soul blade was cool also cuiz youd go back to tekken and it was so slow in comparison you felt like a god.

sexual Norm
Aug 23, 2007

It's like shaking hands with a professional armwrestler.
i've been playing lots of KOFXIII in anticipation of the new one not being good. it's good, but it's kind of dispiriting to go online and play against kim / flame iori / ex kyo 100x

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

Playing soul blade was cool also cuiz youd go back to tekken and it was so slow in comparison you felt like a god.

i didn't like soul blaze as much as tekken 3 or soul calibur 1 and 2, but hell, what do i know

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sexual Norm posted:

i've been playing lots of KOFXIII in anticipation of the new one not being good. it's good, but it's kind of dispiriting to go online and play against kim / flame iori / ex kyo 100x

good news friend, i use a lovely mai hwa takuma team :D :D

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hope 14 is good, even though the gfx are some fcuckin sega saturn poo poo brah

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

also i have like 2 copies of 98um if anyone wants one .?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the karin stage in sf5 has a blonde lady in a purple dress with a leg slit thing, and then i remembered my girlfirend b.jenet...:sigh:

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TDzdf22jTI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i hope 14 is good, even though the gfx are some fcuckin sega saturn poo poo brah

Same here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm having fun with SFV

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

All the reports I've seen say the game is good and the graphics aren't as bad in person

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I was considering sfv until i saw you gotta pay a shitload to get all the chars. I'm backing away rapidly.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm having fun with SFV

me too. its really makin me feel like a world warrior becasue i keep getting matched against people half a world away from me. played a ken from sweden, and before that i played a ken from france.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

good news friend, i use a lovely mai hwa takuma team :D :D

My team is Mature/Benimaru/Ryo or Takuma. I want 14 to be good but those models look like they belong on a ps1 game cover.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ragg posted:

I was considering sfv until i saw you gotta pay a shitload to get all the chars. I'm backing away rapidly.

You don't have to pay anything.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well, 60 dollars for the game. And they're not doing revisions anymore, i.e. no Street Fight V AE 2018 kinda stuff.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Well, 60 dollars for the game. And they're not doing revisions anymore, i.e. no Street Fight V AE 2018 kinda stuff.

I'm so glad I don't have to pay money for balance changes/moving on with the playerbase if I'm not interested in playing new characters.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

My team is Mature/Benimaru/Ryo or Takuma. I want 14 to be good but those models look like they belong on a ps1 game cover.

i tried to learn mature but she's too high execution and i'm stupid

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Ragg posted:

iirc u can pay capcom bucks by playing! or real monty for the dlc crap. idk

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

iirc u can pay capcom bucks by playing! or real monty for the dlc crap. idk

Thats not so bad then, but still bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Hell i guess its fine if you just buy characters and you get the other crap free and you can even earn the chars. I'm fine with it.

• Locked thread