Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Baal posted:

ah right, i forgot you could combo into it

it's unblockable though iirc

In 3S it can be blocked, dunno about 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

HORMELCHILI posted:

it says 'sousages" on the hot dog cart in the nyc level

It's hipster sausages cooked sous vide

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

If you preorder Revelator on PSN you get access to the beta like SFV did. Awesome

I played the Rev beta at the Socal event. It's pretty much the opposite of the SFV beta in that it has no online at all. Basically think of it as a prettier version of the arcade, with training and local versus. The new characters (Jam, Johnny, Jack-O) are in, but the console DLC ones are locked.

This will apply only to the PS4 version by the way.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Also the rematch option in Rev takes you straight to the character intro animations instead of doing the loading screen with SOL... VERSUS... KY... GET READY TO ROCK thing, which is really cool and good

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

By console dlc chars do you mean elph leo and sin? Will i have to rebuy/re earn them for rev? Or are there new dlc chars?

No, Elphelt/Leo/Sin are part of the base package now as are Johnny Jam and Jack-O. I meant the new DLC characters, which are Tuner (Korean waifu riding Gouken robot) Raven (masochistic dude who fights with lightsaber chopsticks) Dizzy (Ky's waifu)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

This is the first I've heard of Raven/Dizzy.

Then you should watch this trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfbMQqj-TYQ

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

Were you bears at the event BTW?

Yes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I never actually played acpr

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

Also will you teach me how to deal with chipp as sin by shoving me in a locker

I can shove you into a locker but I don't know how Chipp would beat a good Sin

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

Therein lies the problem, I see

jH beats all ground, 6P beats all air, far S and 2S together beat all footsies, Sin's combo damage dwarfs Chipp's by a factor of 4, hit him and kill him it is easy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

To be fair he was so drunk he pretty much passed out in the bathroom for an hour afterwards

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

cant believe you bullied a man with 3 beers in him

I was scared, I suck at blocking AC Eddie

Also here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKQn4rSgAxE&t=265s

Japanese top players playing Raven and Tuner

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

It took me multiple beta testing periods and a few weeks of the game being out but, I think SFV sucks rear end

What took you so long to arrive at that conclusion

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YTuvFRVEJg

Are you fuckers ready to be an old buff man and a cute waifu at the same time

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFAlDSvICoE

Creepy Chopsticks Edgelord Videos

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

why do they have that lovely spark effect coming off them

Spark means you have 50+ tension and a full burst meter so you can do a burst super which is stronger than regular supers

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Rev demo/preorder coming April 5 nerds

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I can't watch stream right now but someone please tell me if Master Baiter is more entertaining than Danny Mainus

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I have also ordered the pizza

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

has anyone played akuma in tekken 7 yet? i'm wondering if he is designed to play like a classic tekken character or if he is a hybrid of sf and tekken in some way that might make getting into tekken easier for sf players.

From what I saw he actually used jump attacks and projectiles, and had a 2-segment super meter like SF which he could use to do EX moves or do a super.

e: Despite having a super meter he also had rage and could use rage attacks/rage supers too. The rage super and regular super were different but I don't remember which was which

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 21, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

He also has the low forward tatsu shoryu combo intact from SFIV.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

SM64Guy posted:

if only there was some other boxer they already had

A woman, maybe

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Mintergalactic posted:

bring back heavy d

The ! is part of his name and don't you forget it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

NCR2016 is the best tournament ever in the history of mankind because Marn loving destroyed everyone holy gently caress

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Macho Man is comin'

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

lesbian baphomet posted:

the nash and zangief ones are pretty good

:yeah:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

they made necaili into a guy from a black metal band but he still looks supid

It's time to rock ock ock

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

I turned on SFV and I spent a bit logging in then there was a notification that the servers will be down on Wednesday for 6 hours and then I got disconnected from the server :bernpop:

It's basically like where the guy is slowly losing to the terrible berserker disease and tells you not to come near for your own sake

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

Is Alex out today?

He was out hours ago

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

40 lbs to freedom posted:

if i wanted to start playing xrd coming from a sf background where should i start

The tutorial

No really the tutorial's p good

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

Revelator demo comes out today for Ameritards. Does it have online?

It's been out for almost twelve hours already nerd

Have some dumb combos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Om0Uo_Me9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHFK1Q30lz4

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 5, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

3 and a half hour translated interview with infiltration

http://youtu.be/HVUTiy57VVc

*cracks open a redbull*

This is actually pretty cool, the subtitles are 95% accurate, and you get to watch Infiltration subtly call Poongko a scrub, A+

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

tfw west coast hates anime

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

the axl seemed good ? altho i don't know how to play axl and the one time i played zot-poq-fik when he picked axel i was stuck in a corner for 20 minutes while he did sparrow stance and every time i moved i got hit, which was frustrating but damned if he didn't win every timer

If you're talking about Toki he's pretty good yeah

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

yeah ? i think he won the gradfinals idr it was more than 24 horus ago and i have alzheimers

Toki took fourth from what challonge says. I know that GCYoshi took the tournament

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

ASW could have saved everyone a lot of trouble by properly romanizing the name as Geum Hyehyeon

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

This plus its pronounced like a spanish u so its like english "moon". Grow up fightgamers. Were in the esports fighting game era now. If you want microtransaction dlc, you meed yo prove youre mature enough for it.

Actually it's the short oo like the English "look," instead of the long oo of "moon."

But let's be real knowing that will never stop people from making kum dumpster jokes

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

I don't really get Johnny. What are his mists suppose to do? Are te coins/records just little plinking moves to extend combos or can you do something else wth them? I've heard he's extremely OP so those mists probably do something when they're stuck to people.

When the opponent has mist on them your mist finer becomes unblockable. Coins increase the level of your mist finer up to level three, which not only makes it faster and hurt more but also changes the properties on hit. Also you can go into mist stance and then cancel by holding the button and sliding to HS and gain monster frame advantage, which only gets better the higher the level of your finer.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

One armed one eyed Japanese titty lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

In Training posted:

Can't wait to stop watching after Ogawa wins again

I'm 90% sure Ogawa is not winning Rev this year

• Locked thread