Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Watched the MadCatz SFV beta tournament, interesting to see top guys just playing footsie since most people don't know any combos yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Is everybody playing as Birdie or is that just a fluke?

SM64Guy posted:

i like karin. i tried bison for the first time last night and was weirded out by how idfferent he seems

Same.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Ragg posted:

Where can I find some hype street fighter videos, to watch, so i can get hype and not buy the game after all because i'm trying to get back to school fuuuuuu.

Here are the youtube playist for Spooky's stream of the Mad Catz SFV event:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxd-2FxFQ75pSWm96doOs7kPTVRy1aoLy

More on the channel.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

NRS added Predator to MKX, this is Microsoft's proportional response.

KI still kinda trash though.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
The FGC seems to be more into MKX than KI. Granted its all second tier to Capcom and ArcSys.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I guess there is no hope for Baiken in Revelator. smh

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

I think the SFV story art looks really bad

Worse than the animated intros/endings in SFIV?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
SFV looks and feels alright and the netplay was working fine for me, but they shipped like %65 of a product for full price and I'd honestly rather play Guilty Gear.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

program666 posted:

o well sf5 seems inevitable, I'm getting it

Wait for the Ultra SFV Turbo version or whatever, imo.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

That doesn't exist this time, all balance updates are free and you can pick and choose the new characters you want to buy. The servers seem to be working fine after a day or two so if you're interested, the game is working great and it's very fun

I have it and it works fine, but like I said before it feels like Early Access. If you wait a bit you will pay the same price for either the same release but with all the additional content already available, or a "new" release version with every mode and character bundled in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

In Training posted:

Me neither but that's not stopping me from going to Evo

Oh nice. I hope you are planning to post a trip report.

• Locked thread