Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Matsuri posted:

Got a deck list for what you're currently running?
I'm still working on it, probably going to switch over to Tapu Lele eventually, but here's what I've got:

Dragon, Dragon posted:

##Pokémon - 18
* 4 Talonflame (STS)
* 4 Gible (UPR)
* 2 Gabite (UPR)
* 4 Garchomp (UPR)
* 2 Riolu (UPR)
* 2 Lucario (UPR)

##Trainer Cards - 31
* 2 Escape Board
* 2 Professor's Letter
* 1 Rescue Stretcher
* 2 Wally
* 3 Choice Band
* 4 Puzzle of Time
* 4 Cynthia
* 2 Field Blower
* 1 Guzma
* 4 Ultra Ball
* 4 Rare Candy
* 2 Professor Sycamore

##Energy - 11
* 4 Double Colorless Energy
* 7 Fighting Energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm still working on it, probably going to switch over to Tapu Lele eventually, but here's what I've got:

Very nice. Talonflames still pulling their weight?

I've been experimenting with decks I've seen on youtube that I just so happen to have the cards for. Alolan Dugtrio is loving HILARIOUS if you set it up right (Mt. Coronet, Energy Retrievals, Professor's Letters, Fishermen, Starmie, etc). Being able to knock out pretty much anything with the recursion just makes people scoop the game up. I have yet to take a game to completion with it because people just quit when they face it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Matsuri posted:

Very nice. Talonflames still pulling their weight?
I really, really need that good first turn, but I'm hoping that the Tapu Lele and a Fan Club or two will help.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

PMush Perfect posted:

I really, really need that good first turn, but I'm hoping that the Tapu Lele and a Fan Club or two will help.

I use a Lele and alliance vulpix combo, I’m sure Brigette is also fine, but off that list I’d add palpads

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Fan Club seems cool and good if it's just for the sake of grabbing more Gibles or Riolu. I think I'd want that over Vulpix, but I can see why it'd be good too, helping you grab Lucario and such.

Unrelated: Satisfying moment of the night: beating a fully online (that is, Mt. Coronet and Magnezone fully set up) Dusk Mane Necrozma deck with my Gardevoir/Zoroark deck. That's a bad matchup for anyone, but especially anything running Fairies.

There isn't much that beats Dusk Mane Necrozma when it works. In fact, it loses more to itself than anything, because it's more or less neutered when the player can't recur and mass-attach energies. So you pretty much have to OHKO them if Coronet and Magnezone are running.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 19, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Garchomp reliably hitting for 230 does the trick. :unsmigghh:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Now that you mention it, Garchomp decks are pretty well-aligned against Dusk Mane. Not only can you reliably OHKO, your Pokemon are lower risk being 1 prize rather than 2.

I've been seeing the Empoleon deck do great things too. Once I get my hands on a couple more Empoleon I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes too.
(Question: If an opponent uses Alolan Vulpix's Beacon to grab a Lele and something else, and I use Captivating Poke Puff to force it onto the bench, do they still get their Supporter tutor?)

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Matsuri posted:

Now that you mention it, Garchomp decks are pretty well-aligned against Dusk Mane. Not only can you reliably OHKO, your Pokemon are lower risk being 1 prize rather than 2.

I've been seeing the Empoleon deck do great things too. Once I get my hands on a couple more Empoleon I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes too.
(Question: If an opponent uses Alolan Vulpix's Beacon to grab a Lele and something else, and I use Captivating Poke Puff to force it onto the bench, do they still get their Supporter tutor?)

Yes, because wonder-tag is a play from hand onto bench effect

Content: I am helping a local kid at the lgs come up with a super budget deck, any suggestions? Doesn’t need to be t1.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

numerrik posted:

Yes, because wonder-tag is a play from hand onto bench effect

Content: I am helping a local kid at the lgs come up with a super budget deck, any suggestions? Doesn’t need to be t1.
Garchomp or Empoleon can be made really solid with just a couple theme decks smashed together, which would run you $25-30, depending on where you get them.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
How budget are we talking? Like, 4 Guzzlord GX, 56 Darkness Energy, or do we have more room to play with?

Lorak fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 20, 2018

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Lorak posted:

How budget are we talking? Like, 4 Guzzlord GX, 56 Darkness Energy, or do we have more room to play with?

About that tight of a budget, they have most of the Pokemon for a decent alolan muk deck, the major thing their missing is trainers/supporters

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'll try hammering out a budget list later. How many Muk do they have?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

PMush Perfect posted:

I'll try hammering out a budget list later. How many Muk do they have?

2-3 I don’t remember exactly

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is far from perfect, but it should do the job on a tiny budget. I tried not to include many cards that cost more than ~$0.25 unless they were super crucial. It's not gonna win any major events, but it should be enough to hold its own against serious players. The core of the deck comes in two parts: Alolan Muk hits like an Alolan truck, and poison damage adds up real quick.

Muking About
##Pokémon - 18
* 4 Alolan Grimer BUS 83
* 3 Alolan Muk-GX BUS 84
* 1 Alolan Muk SUM 58
* 2 Hoopa SLG 55
* 3 Salazzle GRI 16
* 3 Salandit CIN 46
* 2 Seviper BUS 50

Four Grimer and four Muk is crucial. The 1 non-GX Muk shuts down a lot of decks they'll have to go up against, but it also messes up a lot of their own plan, so don't play it too often. Hoopa is a very cheap card for how many expensive decks it can stop dead in their tracks. Salazzle has a very cool ability that drops some serious conditions on the opponent when they evolve. Making it happen as often as possible will help Muk do a huge amount of damage fairly easily. Seviper plays nice with that, squeezing out some more damage in between turns.

##Trainer Cards - 30
* 3 Devolution Spray
* 3 Poison Barb
* 2 Acerola
* 3 Field Blower
* 4 Ultra Bal
* 4 Professor Sycamore
* 4 Hala
* 2 Rescue Stretcher
* 1 Pokémon Fan Club
* 3 Switch
* 1 Guzma

Professor Sycamore and Ultra Ball are not the cheapest cards in the deck, but having four of each is without exaggeration the best possible way to spend that money. Hala is a very cheap Supporter that does work as a budget replacement for other, more expensive cards (namely, N and Cynthia). Fan Club is the same for Bridgette. Acerola pulls back mons that are about to die, denying kills and prizes, especially when Muk's looking really beat up. Guzma is a nonbo with a lot of the deck plan, so it has to be timed carefully, but that last bit of reach can be a lifesaver. I can't justify getting more than 1, though, considering it's a $2-3 card in a budget deck. (If that's too much, replace it with an Escape Rope, just don't expect it to be as effective.)

Devolution Spray, Poison Barb, and Field Blower are all working together towards the goal of keeping your opponent's Pokemon poisoned as often as possible for as long as possible. Field Blower should especially aim for Float Stones, which otherwise make fleeing to remove poison much simpler. Rescue Stretcher pulls back your defeated Pokemon. Ultra Ball is, again, a drat-near-mandatory staple. Switch is a budget replacement for Float Stone that also plays nice with Poison Barb, which is important since a lot of your bench-sitters are Guzma bait.

##Energy - 12
* 6 Darkness Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy
* 2 Rainbow Energy

Mostly Double Colorless and Dark energies, no surprises there. The two Rainbow energy are debatable, but I consider them worthwhile for the uncommon but not impossible situation where you'll need to attack with Seviper or Salazzle.

----

Now, absolute worst-case scenario, where you're buying literally every card in the deck except for two Muk GX, you're going to be paying about $40, plus shipping. You can bring this down a lot, though, by digging through whatever collection they have for some of the cards, maybe making some simple substitutions (using a different Alolan-Grimer or Salandit isn't the end of the world), especially since the Trainers are where most of the price is, and starter decks tend to include at least some good ones. If you still end up balking, TCG Player tends to be cheaper, especially in regards to shipping, but you'll also have to do some screwing around with what you're ordering from who, since they're more of a middleman/aggregator than they are a card vendor.

I obviously haven't had an opportunity to playtest the deck, and I've made a few concessions for budget, but again, should be a solid build for kicking some rear end with their favorite Pokemon.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 21, 2018

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

If anyone needs trainers or non computer search level cards I usually keep a pretty good stock from picking up rando trades when I see decent deals, just add Nosferatusoon and hit me up in chat. Also always down for standard and expanded games if I am on. I also have a Brazilian friend who sells cards for cash because the exchange rate is crucial so he never overcharges and keeps an insane inventory.

Also I love Donald at dark integral Gaming's video's and you all can profit from my desire to play dumb empoleon decks. Currently looking for 4 piplup and empoleons and 2x glaceon gx.

I get my packs on facebook because top tier packs cost .40 and less desirable packs go for .05-.10. I got over a case of Gri codes when I popped my rainbow lele out of a random Casey's pack, most paper only players will pay double in pack codes for cards if they don't play online.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 21, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Christ. A few days ago I got an 11 win streak. Today, I'm in 1-star and getting my rear end kicked by pretty much everyone I play against.

Did I anger a witch?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Christ. A few days ago I got an 11 win streak. Today, I'm in 1-star and getting my rear end kicked by pretty much everyone I play against.

Did I anger a witch?

I could swear there's some kind of hidden ELO ladder in this game. Yesterday I won like one game out of 10, lost almost every starting coin flip, and got lovely hands against opponents with nut draws. It was infinitely discouraging.

Keep in mind the VS ladder reset yesterday too, so everyone is probably more likely to face super pros with fully blinged out decks than usual as they're not at 3 Star yet.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 22, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Even at 3 star I still did well. Now I'm a joke and really starting to wonder just how badly I'll get stomped at regionals next month.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Even at 3 star I still did well. Now I'm a joke and really starting to wonder just how badly I'll get stomped at regionals next month.

I seem to be doing okay tonight. It may all just be a stream of bad luck but I swear there's some kind of hidden mechanic in this game that matches you up with some extremely good players with extremely tuned decks. Sucks.

Fun deck idea:
4x Tapu Koko (the one with Flying Flip)
4x Tapu Lele (the new one that lets you sort damage counters on your opponents)
4x Po Town
whatever else lets you hit your opponent's entire team at once or hit something on the bench for a lot

aim for multikills with Lele and laugh at the 1 prize losses and easy energy costs

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's an Aegislash that doubles all counters on all of your opponent's Pokemon, that would be a fun addition.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

There's an Aegislash that doubles all counters on all of your opponent's Pokemon, that would be a fun addition.

Seems cool. If I can collect all the Kokos and Leles I need, I'll give it a look-see. My biggest concern is energy economy with it; it takes 3 energy for its attack that does that, while Koko is fueled by DCEs and Lele will require Fairy energy. Maybe I'll need to run a fairly high count to keep things consistent.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You'll definitely need Professor's Letters and Rainbow Energy.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

You'll definitely need Professor's Letters and Rainbow Energy.

I actually wasn't planning on running any energy other than DCE and Fairy energy. All Koko has that I really care about is the Flying Flip. But Rainbow will help if I really do need its second attack, I suppose.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

PMush Perfect posted:

That little golden "advantage" ball that sometimes shows up at the start of the match, the advantage goes to the player with the better elo rating. You are not imagining it, first day of the new ladder every serious player is grinding for the full art card at the end. You are facing off against the sweatiest of the grognards like me running my turbodarkrai deck into anything that moves too fast under bright light. Give it a couple days and it will settle down some, off peak hours help too if you can swing it.

What I want to know is if it is just elo sorting or if being on the first/second leg of the ladder matches you up against other players on the same leg.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

See, this "well, actually you're just finally playing against the real players" is exactly the problem. I'm realizing a little too late that I kind of suck.

Matsuri posted:

I actually wasn't planning on running any energy other than DCE and Fairy energy. All Koko has that I really care about is the Flying Flip. But Rainbow will help if I really do need its second attack, I suppose.
Oh, yeah, maybe not, then. Max Elixir's gonna be important, though.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Rough concept so far:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 4 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 3 Honedge BKP 60
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 1 Doublade BKP 61
* 2 Aegislash BKP 62

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 N DEX 96
* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Rare Candy SUM 129

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 4 Fairy Energy 9
* 3 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

Max Elixir is a good idea; it's worth looking into.

Alternatively, to keep myself on the track of keeping things simple: Replace the Aegislash line with a handful of Espeon-EX. Force all of their Pokemon to de-evolve (for one colorless!) and potentially die from lower HP, and force them to re-evolve and take Po Town damage. Cuts down on Pokemon and energy, won't really need the Rainbow Energy (though it's still a good idea to have), and I have more room for Trainers.

Another concept I'm considering is running a resource denial package. Team Flare Grunt/Hammers/Mars, etc. Keep their hand jammed as I slowly overwhelm their bench.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot Ultra Balls. Ow.

Framboise fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 22, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I like the Espeon EX idea, takes up fewer card slots.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

See, this "well, actually you're just finally playing against the real players" is exactly the problem. I'm realizing a little too late that I kind of suck.

Not the "real players" the ringers that drop $50+ on in game packs every set and probably more on chase rares like lele and Shaymin. The more you play the more accurate your elo and the less likely you run into spikes with rainbow foiled decks. Also, despite being a kids card game Pokemon is pretty complex and totally not magic or any other game. I've been in for probably a year now but when I started I had trouble winning the Pre con league games until I pushed myself into a real deck (greninja break) and got a better feel for the flow of the more competitive games.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PMush Perfect posted:

Yeah, I like the Espeon EX idea, takes up fewer card slots.

Indeed. Also keeping with the idea of having the Rainbow Energy in the deck still-- not just because of Koko in a pinch, but also Espeon can use it if really needed, as can Lele GX for the GX move if everyone needs a fast heal or something.

Got the last Koko I needed. Let's give this mix a try.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Tapu Lele UPR 94
* 3 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Espeon-EX BKP 52
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Brigette BKT 161
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Energy Loto GRI 122
* 1 Energy Retrieval SLG 59
* 2 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 4 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 N DEX 96
* 3 Po Town BUS 121
* 2 Professor's Letter BKT 146
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68

##Energy - 11

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 4 Fairy Energy 9
* 3 Rainbow Energy BKT 152

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online https://www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Framboise fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 22, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I took the deck on its maiden voyage! Had a horrible start though, wasn't getting my energies and started with, of all things, Lele-GX and regular Lele. No good at all!

However...

i love this deck

i love this deck

my work here is done :unsmigghh:
(and yes, this dude played WAY too slow oh my god)

By the way! My IGN is MatsuriSakuragi. Is there a list of goon IGNs so we can have some battles/trades?

EDIT:
So I opened the last couple packs I had from buying a few so I could trade for Kokos and Leles (Guardian Gaming TCG is selling Crimson Invasion for literally 18 cents a code), and my last one...

tonight's a good night

Framboise fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 22, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PleasantDirge posted:

Not the "real players" the ringers that drop $50+ on in game packs every set and probably more on chase rares like lele and Shaymin.
I'm going to the Portland Regionals next month. I will be running into exactly those kinds of players.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm going to the Portland Regionals next month. I will be running into exactly those kinds of players.

Jam those games and git Gud! Seriously though there is a learning curve to this and you're only human. For me it helps to set non win loss oriented goals, after a long game the other night my goal is to streak as many games in a row where I don't play cards, evaluate the game state and then realize I just threw away a win because my sequencing was incorrect.

Maybe your goal is to just finish out the tournament, play all your games for the experience, no dropping out because your record. TBH you are talking about playing in a large, full day event. Maybe some FNM type events at your flgs are the recipe for a good day at regional?

Also Matsuri that deck looks fun and the sad face from a home brew def gets a high five from me my friend. IGN is Nosferatusoon if you want to run that into some standard decks and test it.

PleasantDirge fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 22, 2018

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

PleasantDirge posted:

Jam those games and git Gud! Seriously though there is a learning curve to this and you're only human. For me it helps to set non win loss oriented goals, after a long game the other night my goal is to streak as many games in a row where I don't play cards, evaluate the game state and then realize I just threw away a win because my sequencing was incorrect.

:yeah:

That's how I learned Magic. I dove headfirst into Modern and got my rear end handed to me week after week after week until I caught on enough to know a deck I wanted to build and main, and then I'd learn as much as I could about the game through experience, and the meta as well. You learn by losing and making mistakes.

Likewise, it's how I'm learning Pokemon as well. Make a few netdecks, get good with them, see where they shine and where they suck, and adapt to the meta from there. This Tapu deck is my first look into brewing on my own and it's proving fruitful.

quote:

Also Matsuri that deck looks fun and the sad face from a home brew def gets a high five from me my friend. IGN is Nosferatusoon if you want to run that into some standard decks and test it.

Added! Give me a poke sometime.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

So far so good. Only loss came from a really bad draw and a handful of critical misplays on my part. Most rounds have been against Garchomp.

The game plan seems to be "drop Kokos, rain hell upon everything until you can no longer do so, then massacre with Espeon and clean up with Lele". Oranguru seems super bad and a horrible liability as a Guzma target, but he saved my rear end against Turbo Darkrai, so he stays for now.

Part of me wants to put in a couple Zoroark-GX for better card filtering and some hard hit potential, but honestly I'm kind of sick of seeing Zoroark everywhere, even from myself-- and it just crumples to Buzzwoles.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I mean, I've been playing competitive card games on and off for something like a decade now, I'm just not as confident about my Garchomp deck as I was a couple weeks ago.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It'll probably be fine. Keep in mind that Garchomp is super well placed right now in a GX-heavy format. You just had a bad day, as did I. I seem to be doing much better today.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009

PMush Perfect posted:

I mean, I've been playing competitive card games on and off for something like a decade now, I'm just not as confident about my Garchomp deck as I was a couple weeks ago.

Elo is one thing, rngeesus is another. I believe in you, do all the things. For real though, Garchomp is good, you are good, it's all good.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

PMush Perfect posted:

I smashed two starter decks together, traded for the Talonflame, and I'm having a blast playing it. It seems like the kind of deck where that will reward a player who spends the time to learn it intimately, and can think two steps ahead in terms of what to fetch with Talonflame and Lucario.

If you're in any doubt, then tweak the Trainer Pool slightly, to find the balance between cards that help you get your Cynthia combo off more reliably, and cards that pro-actively stop the opponent achieving their goals. It's probably going to be a tough balance, but very rewarding.

I can't imagine playing this deck in real life, though. I'd spend 50% of each match shuffling my deck.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Highlight of my night: playing against some edgelord whose IGN was "concedenow".

He conceded on turn 2. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
More Tapu deck analysis:

Matchups:
Most evolution decks, especially rare candy decks, get crushed by this deck. Get 3-4 turns of spread damage in (2-3 if you get Po Town down early), and Espeon-EX can get 2, 3, and even 4-for-1 KOs.

The popular theme of bench loading is a blessing for this deck, especially if they're playing Zoroark or Empoleon. More targets means more KOs or Lele Damage Swap potential.

This deck loving CRUMPLES to Buzzwole. It can't handle Passimian either. Anything that kills Kokos so fast I can't at least get 2 shots in with is rough.

Big HP non-evolving (think EX/GX stuff) decks are rough too. Manageable with Lele-GX and Oranguru if they use lots of energy but still rough.

Performance:
Koko is an all-star. Get him in early as possible and chain them. Don't worry about losing some, it's okay. The payoff is worth it.

Lele is underperforming but clutch as hell when she is needed. Damage Swap is perfect for cleaning up leftovers or setting up Miraculous Shine mass-devolution. Psywave is weak but shines as a hard hitter counter to Garchomp. If it has at least 30 damage (easy if Po Town or Koko setup happened), she can KO Garchomp with 60x2 damage for weakness.)

Espeon-EX is the secret star of the deck. No one ever seems threatened by it (why are you Guzma-ing out a Koko when I have backups?) and it just gums up the entire game. Rare Candied Stage 2s have a lot of trouble here, and re-evolving adds 30 damage when Po Town is down. And that's IF they survive it. Psyshock can clean up Buzzwoles too.

Lele-GX is Lele-GX. Keeps the consistency up and is decent damage when needed.

Oranguru was one I originally questioned. I really added it for the card draw if my hand runs dry but he can hit hard in special situations.

Fighting Fury Belt is super helpful for helping Kokos take more hits, but it's just not enough. The rest of the Trainers feels pretty good.

Observation toward improvement:

I feel like this deck could benefit a LOT from a Necrozma-GX. Its GX move does 100 damage to all EX and GX Pokemon, which helps shore up the deck's biggest weakness, and also gives me a lot of damage to move around. Prismatic Burst can also potentially crush a Buzzwole, but with my current setup that's not too reliable. The colorless wall may come in handy sometime, too.

All of this fairy energy is kind of pointless. Lele only needs 1 and it can't fuel Espeon or Koko. If I add Necrozma-GX, it gives me reason to change to Psychic energy, which is fetchable and can fuel Espeon.

Final thoughts:
-1 or 2 Tapu Kele
-1 or 2 Fighting Fury Belt
-almost all Fairy energy, keep 1 or 2 and let Rainbow do the rest

+1 or 2 Necrozma-GX (2 is probably overkill, but getting it Prized away would suck)
+1 or 2 Choice Band (boosted Koko damage and lets Espeon OHKO Buzzwoles)
+More psychic energy and maybe counter energy? I usually fall behind on prizes before I start winning.

Thoughts?

• Locked thread