Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
Not seeing a diana ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Darth Windu posted:

I look forward to another year of posting with y'all :)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Biowarfare posted:

riot saves them all 5ever. link shouldn't expire

how do i make my mmr 0

stump collector
May 28, 2007

el dingo posted:

Yeah I looked up a couple of guides and that's more or less the run of it. With so much armour shred in the age of juggernaut, I'm surprised to not see him more often. Guessing it's cos of that kinda weird ult?

His laning sucks rear end unless you practice a lot with him. He's one of the lowest damage ADCs to begin with, and if he gets too far behind, he usually stays there.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Zaodai posted:

I kept shouting "WIN THE TEAM FIGHT!", but you guys didn't. If you had followed my shot calling we would have won easily. :colbert:

The hai school of calling

stump collector
May 28, 2007
those ryze nerfs are pretty bad for his lategame imo

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Ryze will have a win rate well under 40% with that passive change

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Nocturne's ultimate gives you and your teammates a clear indicator that you may be in immediate danger. He also can't instantly root and kill someone before you even know he's there. Also his early game isn't as strong as Rengar's was and his ultimate isn't up as often.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sona's mini rework last year made E a lot stronger and you should absolutely take it at level 4 now

stump collector
May 28, 2007

K8.0 posted:

Too bad there's no way for a company hauling in 1.6 billion dollars annually to fix the client.

its too large of an undertaking for a company that employs just one behavioral pysch PHD

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i never declare my pick, that part of champ select is loving useless

stump collector
May 28, 2007
the idea that LCS doesn't make money for riot is a stupid as poo poo rumor that they likely perpetuated themselves

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A Stupid Baby posted:

Keeping League in the forefront is absolutely worth it even at a loss, though - I bet Riot makes like 100x on one skin this month as NRS will make on their whole MKX pack
Right, to me it's like saying a company advertises or is growing their brand at a 100% loss

stump collector
May 28, 2007
This guy just went into bird form and raced by me on my way to lane to explode 2 frozen waves at my top turret when his full jungle was up

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm going to keep watching qtpie because he's funny

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lux isn't good on a budget because she sucks rear end without gold and levels its pretty simple

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

new darial skin idea: reaper darial
its just darus with scythe

Fat karthus?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
did you guys know kassadin is super sick and fun

edit: Oh yeah the ryze nerfs went through and he will never be strong again

edit 2 : they are going through tomorrow

stump collector fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 10, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

did the patch already land or did they just release the notes for it

notes only, patch should be in about 6 to 8 hours

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sharzak posted:

I just got buttfucked as Fizz vs Ryze. Fizz is listed as a counter to Ryze but I have no idea why--I was completely bullied and held to <10 cs til level 6. What am I missing about this matchup?

You played it wrong. Don't ever fight him if he has more than 2 passive stacks or he can really mess you up. Try to sit in your minions to draw spells from him, which will push the wave toward you. Then you can get stronger off of levels. Have your jungler gank him when he's pushed up, or just wait it out until you get a decent buy and are level 6. Then you kill him as soon as his passive has 0 stacks or he just finishes using it. If you haven't killed him several times before lategame you're probably going to have a bad time.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Well Q was always the skill that you were best off skipping and it gave him a steroid. I didn't expect the changes to be that useful but they are very promising thus far.

Also I was probably wrong about Ryze. After seeing Keane play him last night, he just split pushes and ults to delete every wave. He farmed each game until he got really strong then he would look for TP flanks. The fact that his ultimate is up all the time after level 11 makes him pretty hard to pin down, and distortion swifties with 0/18/12 mean you have a lot of map pressure and playmaking ability through reduced summoner cooldowns. I'm thinking that if you get behind you'll have a pretty hard time but I'll play a few games on him tonight and see how it feels.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Examining the champion.gg daily stats I found that Ryze has a 50% winrate in diamond yesterday over 54 games.

Bronze through plat he's 39%-43%. Maybe he's still useful as a pocket pick in very specific situations but for the average gamer he's going to take a lot more getting used to.

stump collector fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 12, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

How is this possible in the new League of Assassins? Where are Zed, Talon, and Xin?

Other than udyr the champions at the top have strong ultimates and cc abilities that are clear indicators that it's go time for your team. That has always been the most valuable thing in solo queue. Also, riot has shown since s3 that they are willing to balance around assassins ruining your gaming experience rather than winning the game so it's not out of the question that they'll nerf the champions using dorkblade and also nerf the item

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ungulateman posted:

methanar 'i literally only play powerfarming midlaners and never gank' mcgee over here with the sick burns

he also plays diana and kayle sometimes cmon son

stump collector
May 28, 2007

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

edit: At one point in this game I QSS'd Malphite ult, which previously would have been straight up impossible for me.

you can't QSS knockups

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I'm a drat noob and will be buying qss more often

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I usually go qss 3rd or 4th item as ADC, but now since mercurial is even better there's no excuse to not build it. I just didn't know i could QSS and dash out of knockups because i'm a drat noob

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it's a good one

stump collector
May 28, 2007
are you back in the game now

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's stupid and a departure from a recognizable functioning part of every single game of league of legends up to this point, but now riot lyte can queue ranked with the purity squad without getting stomped too hard in ranked teams

stump collector
May 28, 2007

that music is super irritating and it looks like you were shooting bots

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I don't get it

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Olaf is sick in top lane if you want to counter some stupid garbage like shen. Unfortunately, compared to other toplaners, he's not very good at anything other than dueling and split pushing.

kingcobweb posted:

*fiora thoughts* I am ahead in CS, I am winning this lane

*shen thoughts* I press R and my team gets four kills, a tower, and a dragon

*fiora thoughts* I am alone in this lane, dunno why my team keeps feeding

true

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Etrips posted:

^^^ then you wouldn't be able to get fun snipe buff steals.

When is the best time to Kayle ult someone when Zed ults someone? As soon as the X animation finishes?

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Kayle#Intervention

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Zed#Death_Mark

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Remember runic bulwark? That poo poo was around 6k worth of stats for a team and if your jungle finished it first you insta won the game

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Been told y'all to stay woke on rammus for a grip now

lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lol was that dragon 5 AND baron?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

pkollar posted:

Just played my first ever game as Kha'zix. Went 7/0/3. This is from someone who regularly has a negative K/D ratio because I suck. :stare:

maybe you were against bots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Every time I play the first game of the day my ping is insanely high for the entire game. I usually have 20ms but I have between 150 and 250ms until I restart my pc. Restarting client doesn't fix. It's annoying as poo poo. Don't have any ping issues in any other game.

• Locked thread