Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Any good streams/youtubers to check out who frequently play Devourer junglers? Been wanting to learn Udyr/Nocturne but I never manage to get the stacks for sated in a reasonable timeframe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mystery Prize posted:

So Udyr with the new AP jungler item is actually kind of good. It gives him crazy fast clear speed and the movespeed means he's basically impossible to run away from unless you can chain ranged CC on him.

Stalker's + Runic Echoes
Swiftness + Alacrity
Iceborne OR Trinity (gotta go faster)
Dead Man's Plate
Spirit Visage
insert tank item of choice

I might have to try this since I like Udyr but am so so terrible at farming enough early to get sated.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

This game was pretty much a lesson that I need to learn how to properly late game teamfight on tanks. Also better reksai tunnel placements for flank ults.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Udyr guide

Man I am like 3 games away from picking up Volibear but you're making it way too tempting to just go finally start addressing my lack of AS marks and flat CDR blues instead. (only have scaling CDR, 820 per rune is a massive price for how sporadically i play)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Gridlocked posted:

Follow up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07KQpJjYi8

CJ lost the match over all but Madlife got Bard in this game and carried to ultimate victory. It's a 1hr game though so if you skip to like the 1 hour exactly mark you can watch the game winning play in all it's glory.

Edit: also the 48min mark on the VoD for epic Madlife game saves.

These are the kinds of games that make me real tempted to pick up Bard and then probably gently caress over my team continuously with bad ults.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

TBH I used to feel this way and would play champs in bot games to learn their buttons but now I will take them into a normal without having any idea what their skills are. Sometimes I get a chance to read them if the team isn't invading.

I accidentally joined ranked today without paying attention. Twice. Be like me. It's a very chill way to play.

With new champs I'm trying out I tend to do like, one bot game if my daily win bonus is up, but otherwise just immediately take them into ranked.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Q'ing back and forth over the wolves wall to take minimal damage

:aaaaa:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

Janna... ~main~

I know you've linked your replay.gg page before and it's sort of public anyway, but I feel like I should ask just out of courtesy: Is it cool with you if I go through your replays/link to a friend who mains Janna? She's been hovering around high gold this season and trying to improve. I've just been trying to improve at support in general since I end up in that role a lot when duo queuing.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Cabinet posted:

Can someone explain what solo Q actually is? Fairly new player here.

Before dynamic queue you could only queue by yourself or with one other person in ranked.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

People watching in spite of the casters doesn't mean nobody gives a gently caress. There are a ton of real sports announcers that are despised and people would be more than happy to have someone else calling games. The fact that they won't literally turn off live sports doesn't somehow mean announcing quality is irrelevant.

Been watching the NFL my whole life and I'm still constantly tempted to watch games on mute when there's particularly bad announcers.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Well, 0-4 today, first day all season I think with no wins :(. Trying to get better on Jhin and think I did fine in laning phase but have been feeling kind of lost lately on what to do mid-late in games if we're not definitely ahead. Especially on a less mobile adc where I can't really escape if caught out.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I still really need to improve at playing from behind, but I'm not going to force people to keep playing a game that is obviously hopeless. In Bronze though people are sometimes waaaay too quick to surrender.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

jungle aurelion sol on the other hand is cool and also good

How's his early clears?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

can you kite well?

Not as well as I should be able to.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

It will probably be bad then. Keeping aggro on camps while moving around to position yourself for max w damage is a major pain the rear end on his first couple clears.

Make it past that and get a runics? poo poo gets good real fast

What's the runes/masteries you're running on him for it?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, I don't play Vi as much anymore, but her attacks are very viscerally satisfying.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Are there any decent online retailers for pre-paid RP cards for EUW? I'd like to buy a friend in Sweden some RP as a gift but my account is currently on NA.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Leveling up a new account and trying to make these boring low levels as quick as possible. What are some good champs for rushing down towers and ending games quickly that don't really need their masteries/runes to do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Trying to get back into the game after barely playing at all last season. What do proper early jungle paths look like in the current jungle incarnation? (Assuming I'm playing a pretty normal jungler and not like, Ivern.)

• Locked thread