Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Elman posted:

Is Syndra good these days? I like her a lot and I'm considering crafting her with blue essence, but I don't wanna do that if it turns out she's out of the meta.

She's seeing a fair amount of pro play and is certainly popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
All the cool kids seem to be running barrier on ADC + heal on support now. What's the deal, theory crafters?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Additionally once the new system kicks I think you will get chests (containing champ shards sometimes) as you level. Sounds like the lower level you are, the more you get champion related stuff whereas people who have been playing longer will get more vanity focussed stuff

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Support will always sweep the brush for you

:wink:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What's the problem, are you just hitting it too late?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah like its great if you get the super 'save your whole team from mega damage' thing, but a lot of the time it ends up negating the other teams engage, which is still good.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

pog boyfriend posted:

not the best edit but i wanted the world to know my frustration

The wind blows powerfully and you think you can hear it whispering...

upgrade your loving trinket

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Where is the counter for how many times I've flashed my mastery?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Here in the league of legends thread we talk about league of legends, we play league of legends, and BY JOVE we love league of legends

Captain teemo bless you

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
You play him lots? Or I dunno if you think the game sucks that's cool, don't play it?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

spaceships posted:

this game sucks rear end and the only dude i want to play apart from naut/sejuani is thresh, how do i git gud at thresh

To be a bit more serious than before tho, a couple of basic thresh pointers:

His hook has a windup that everyone can see. Generally in lane its best not to try using it at max range, your target will just sidestep. Keep it for when they can't dodge (they're next to a wall/tower), or to counter engage. It has a long cooldown so use it wisely

If they're an immobile adc and have blown flash, get aggressive - flash up to them, flay them back and follow up with the hook is a brutal tactic.

Relic shield is probably the most popular? Its tricky to use since it won't execute. Ping minions you want to kill. Coin can work, the move speed active on the fully upgraded version is nice for thresh, tho you're giving up some durability.

Thresh is a fun dude and not too hard to pick up, but there's worlds of difference between someone like me and a thresh whisperer. He's an unholy terror in the right hands

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm going space illaoi, astro nautilus needs a buddy out there in the great beyond

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yes but zyra and brand don't get to do sweet pew pew laser snipes. Plus she has a shield so really, when you think about it,

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I think its the latter. On the other hand, once you're used to it I'm sure you'll be adjusting them in like 5 seconds anyway

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Welcome to the distant future, the page 1000

Ah BALLS

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Thought it was 35 for some reason

So uh how y'all doin

Ahah poo poo oops sorry

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

kingcobweb posted:

Can you not edit runes outside of champ select? Seems like a bizarre oversight unless I'm just missing the part of the UI

You are missing it, it's under the collection tab, same place they were before

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The aftershock keystone has a 2.5s detonation timer, actually getting it to land with rakan could lead to some bad trades if you're not careful

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I also tried arcane comet MF. It ain't bad but there's probably something better. In any case she makes very good use out of the rest of sorcery so it'd be a p good secondary tree

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
After a grand total of 3 games on the new rune system, I have a hastily formed opinion: offensive runes seem way more powerful than tanky stuff. I'm going tanky initiation supports like Leona and naut and I feel I'm just melting instantly now, instead of hanging round for a bit CCing people

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
What does it matter when the only champion is Yasuo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
The limit is a little silly, I agree. At first I was a bit peeved at it, but after a few games you get used to where everything is so you just click a few times and you're done.

I have 3 pages. Two I made before playing my first game on the new system, yet I have not touched them since then, I've just adjusted page 3 to whatever suits my needs

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I do not miss having 20 mastery pages to pore over while my drunken lizard brain desperately tries to remember which one is my Bard page - oh right, its the one called 'Bard' only I changed it last weekend to be a swain page so I frantically start unclicking points and reassigning them as the counter winds down and oh gently caress the game has started and I still have teleport.

Whatever, bard likes to roam

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Probably referring to stats not replaced by the absence of runes. Lots of people ran magic resist runes to survive early poke. Afaik riot upped the base stats on all champs to try and reflect the most common rune pages but they missed some stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Do you reckon tahm and the gromp went to frog school together and the gromp hates kenchy cos he was always a total dick to him

• Locked thread