Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Prepare your buttholes for new Xin Zhao. He's comin' for you!

After new Shen and Jhin are done, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Zero The Hero posted:

Is it possible to save the advanced details of previous games? Like the html one.

Go to your match history, click the game in question -> click "View on the web".

EDIT - Oh, save it? You could probably just save a copy of the webpage I guess. Or screenshot it? I dunno. Seems an odd request.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah but are they Good Champions(tm)?

Amumu will always be great if you can look at the screen occasionally and have functioning hands.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

RealFoxy posted:

"We fixed dynamic queue"

Morgana mid as the second Support. Problem solved! :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

flyingkiwi posted:

People call her MF so she should be under M but nobody calls Mundo "DM"

On the other hand, if you type Mundo in the Search box (or even just the letter M!), Mundo will appear, making the entire argument moot.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stormraider's Surge is a pretty good keystone for anybody with burst damage in the mid to late game, with the caveat that you have to be willing to pretty much give up your mastery entirely in the early game.

I run it on Nasus if I think I've got an easy-ish farm lane. :getin:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Mash posted:

Jhin trip report: It's like playing Jinx. Insane late game damage but you won't be doing that damage in yolo queue because noone peels.

To quote a Master Yi player I ended up with (when I informed him I was peeling for our carry), "peeling is for friend of the family faggots. be a man. human being".

I'd say he wins that debate pretty handily. :smugdog:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

Riot fixed all the problems with solo queue with this new innovative system that does nothing. Why have hover picks if your team can still ban them? :riot:

The alternative would be just as rife for trolling. Guy who is last pick hovers flavor of the month insta-ban champion, now it can't be banned and the other team gets it free.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Xoidanor posted:

In silver? No one looking at the map in all mid no split meta.

Split pushing isn't even understood in silver, because nobody will fight for objectives and they spend the entire time raging at you for not grouping. It makes me sad because I enjoy playing split push champs. :saddowns:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That situation is exactly why I enjoy playing Morgana support when I end up in that role. Throw bindings, kill your lane, get paid.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sexpansion posted:

We need a shotcaller option for new team select. mid/shotcaller

I kept shouting "WIN THE TEAM FIGHT!", but you guys didn't. If you had followed my shot calling we would have won easily. :colbert:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I've been playing support recently for my games after work, because it's relaxingly mindless down in the shitter ranks where I play. Every time I pick Sona, the carry always complains. "But I play aggressive, Sona is worthless!"

Does nobody build her Q up at low MMR or something? It's amazing harass and the range is pretty safe in most situations. Plus power chord is great. Mash Q -> Press Ignite -> Get Money.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Coca Koala posted:

I had one dude go off on me for picking sona once because "she's a strictly worse version of Annie support. Annie has the same poke, but more ways to stun. What do you mean, Sona has better sustain? If you want sustain, go with Alastair. What do you mean, alistair has lovely poke? He has the hard engage. Literally the only reason to pick a support is for hard engage or disengage".

I honestly don't think he knew what sona does.

So far, I've ended up turning them all into Sona believers by the end of the game. Her W (with Windspeakers) can turn a surprising amount of fights around on top of the already great Q and R, and the E... well, it's nice to have a speed boost in pursuit and sometimes disengage situations. I just don't rank it up until last.

Usually what ends up calming them down is when we walk into lane, everybody is jockeying for position, and then a third of the health for both opposing players disappears. The rest of the time, it just gives them a false sense of security and they go super ham into every situation assuming you can get them out of it. Ezrael flash and then phase shift so he can get directly into the center of a 3 man gank? gently caress yeah, Sona has me covered!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Coca Koala posted:

I actually go thunderlords with Sona because I'm a terrible person and landing the auto-powerchord Q-auto on the adc as soon as you get to lane is so drat gratifying.

When do you generally get your first level in E? I used to go Q W E, and then I started going Q W Q E, and then somebody suggested Q W Q W E, so I've been trying that. If lane is going well, it works okay, but if something goes wrong (a gank at a bad time, or I get caught by some cc I didn't expect) and I dying or having to back before I have a point in E, getting back to lane is super lovely and takes forever.

In most lanes I go Q W Q W E. If I really need the move speed early for some reason, I'll take it at 4 instead of 5. As you said, just don't get caught. I'd actually rather have an extra point in Q than E if I really don't need it, but the utility for running back from the shop or helping people roam, or get out of early dragon fights is kinda nice, so I take it even if I don't think I'll need it immediately. I honestly can't think of a single situation I would willingly go Q W E for the first three levels. I would always rather have the extra Q damage to try and cut my way out of gorilla hell than the minor speed boost. If you're in a situation at level 3 where your E is going to save you, you already hosed up pretty bad (and you'd be better off just having Exhaust instead of ignite for that lane matchup).

I'm just a silver shitter though, so take all that advice with a grain of salt.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Gridlocked posted:

Bot/Fill with my friend as Mid/Jungle.

Also on my way to bronze city atm. Such funs.

5-5 will be Bronze city right if everyone I'm up against is Silver atm?

You could still get into Silver if you go 5-5 in that situation. I did, and I'm trashcan supreme!

But yeah, don't put Fill as your secondary, or you're going to get fill.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I didn't play last season due to laziness, but in the season before I played to Silver 5 just to get the border because I was lazy. Somehow it put me in Silver 4 after going 5-5 in placements.

It's probably just a slot machine running in the background, unrelated to everything else. Oh, finished your 10 games? You placed iiiiiin... Oh, Bronze 5! The surprise upset for going 10-0!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yeah i gotta wear thongs or volleys for my size 13s unless i want to pay out the rear end but cmon they should be like $20 on anyone who isnt sion.

Sion gets a good deal on shoes, since he only needs the one.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Libertine posted:

Boots costing more gold is a cross the board support nerf. The tyranny :argh: Also will really hurt people who rush boots 2 over combat stats and cause them to lose faster.

Well, at least they ended up with SOMETHING being faster. They got their moneys worth.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It's a shame you can no longer Zhonya's Yasuo ult by just mashing the button really fast. That kinda ruined his fun. :v:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I would honestly go Corki out of those 4, but that's just personal preference. They're all pretty decent.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Darth Windu posted:

I thought you couldn't qss knockups

As said a dozen times since that post, you can QSS the stun portion and then use a movement ability (or flash) to move out of it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Stefan Prodan posted:

but I hate those guuuuuys

I mean part of it is i just kinda like hipster picks that not a ton of people play, even though GP sees a lot of pro pick/bans I hardly ever see him in our games, that's part of the reason I play nocturne jungle a lot too

Play Heimerdinger.

I mean, he's not god tier or anything but he doesn't have many bad matchups top lane. You basically only worry about someone who outranges your turrets with their AAs, and even in those matchups you could just build your W up instead I guess.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ungulateman posted:

Silver 1, 2-2 in promos, only play with my friends, most of which are bronze and won't be silver for the foreseeable future :ohdear:

If you lose the 5th game, you can tell your friends you threw for their sake. Guilt them with the loss!

(Just win.)

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Azzents posted:

They should re-imagine Rumble as a siege minion who's tired of basically being champ fodder, and now he's out for revenge.

I'd take a Ranged Minion skin for Xerath, honestly.

The minion that all others aspire to be. The true Winion.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Neither a diamond nor a plat could queue with a bronze, though?

I'm a dumpster-tier shitter myself, and while I played against plats (and the occasional diamond) in my placements due to the MMR reset, I haven't really faced anybody over gold in my games after placements. You may run into smurfs, but you'd run into them in the old system too.

I have bigger problems playing with a friendly 4 man when I solo queue than I do getting poo poo on by an enemy one. You're always the scapegoat and the guy who gets left to die because you're not in on their little group. It's extremely toxic.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

How did they even break all this poo poo on champions they didn't touch. Fiora is understandable, but the others? That's crazy.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Support is by far the least queued role, because everybody wants to see BIG NUMBERS and/or be Faker.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That's surprising, given Japan's track record of racial harmony and acceptance of other cultures.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dragongem posted:

Argh, I keep getting myself stuck in this stupid cycle. I play some normals, do well, feel great, think "oh I can go do ranked and maybe climb back to gold at least", eventually feed horribly for 1 or 2 games, feel miserable for losing the game for my team, go back to normals...

Though I think this is a good reminder why I stopped playing for like a year and a half. I just wish I could emotionally handle this game, I guess. But I guess I really can't, hahaha.

Just assume that every one of your teammates is a horrible human being that deserves to lose. They're assuming the same of you. :v:

But seriously though, if ranked isnt for you, is there a reason you want to go back to it? You could just keep playing normals and not have the stress part.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Aumanor posted:

They removed draft normals from EUNE and I'd rather stab myself in the eye with a rusty needle than deal with blind pick.

Why would they remove draft normals. :staredog: That's insane.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Just had an Urf game as Teemo against a team that had Xin, Darius, Talon, and Jarvan. By the end of the game I was basically John Cena Teemo, because they sure as poo poo couldn't see me to land a hit. Blind dart supremacy.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sexpansion posted:

Reporting or banning people because they play in a different way than you're used to is completely loving idiotic. Like, do you report someone if you're in bronze and they upgrade their trinket or buy wards? No. Exactly.

e:

Zac is probably my favorite tank so I hope they don't gently caress him up too much http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/vLEjALxZ-mid-season-tanks-update-zac

As a Bronze player at heart, I always report my teammates for dropping wards or pinging objectives. I just want my 3 CS a minute, you assholes! Let me farm! I'll carry this at 97 minutes.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I used to duo queue Pantheon/Teemo as a botlane with a friend and absolutely destroy people. You get a lot of flak going in, and sometimes stuff does go wrong but that's true of any lane. Most of the time though low ELO terribads like me didn't know how to deal with a blind, a stun, a guy who can block AAs in trades, and auto critting low health targets. Kill lanes were great prior to every support just being an AP carry instead of a support. Now they're fairly standard.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I get that overall point (and frankly don't care one way or the other about some guy getting banned), but when it comes to forcing people to play your meta, I wonder where the line is. Am I forcing my team to play my meta if I pick Tryndamere and have to split push instead of team fight?

Solo queue is always going to be a bunch of people wanting to play their way and being mad at everybody else for playing "wrong".

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If you get banned for playing inter-region I could definitely see most of LAN getting nuked. For the longest time it was just the east coast server.

From my brief time on LAN trying it out, I can say that the announcer for the Spanish client is a smooth motherfucker. It sounds so much better than the English announcer.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tonetta posted:

Are they really banning over character picks now? loving lol, this game went to the shitter

It is the natural extension of the pick and ban phase. If we don't like your pick, we're gonna ban you. :smugdog:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Methanar posted:

I'm in Washington DC again.

What should I do.

Smoke crack with political superstar Marion Barry.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Neurolimal posted:

He looks like somebody got really into drawing their good guy robot statue man, then remembered its supposed to be a gargoyle and added wings and weird legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WonJoHH1SYE

Having a unique niche of taunting the enemy team was too strong, so we made him Better Shen

Aatrox with Wind Powers is go!

Also his wings look too tiny, if they scaled them up like 15% they'd look better. I guess he's okay other than that, though.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lovechop posted:

why do they make all the stuff less spooky when they rework it. i'm a big fan of being spooked in game and my only remaining option is urgot at this point?

You could play OG Spooky Ghost Nocturne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

New Galio looks like he would be fun to play, and that kit is going to be amazing unless his numbers are absolute garbage.

• Locked thread