Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I love League of Legends. It is a fun and relaxing game, and a great place to make friends. I play Lux, because her Star Guardian skin makes me feel like I'm in one of my japanese animes! What are some of your favorite heroes to play as?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

champdeclare.png

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I played the weirdest game of League I've ever played last night. As Morgana support I had a kill at 1 minute and then I had 6 kills and zero deaths at 6 minutes. Ended 13/3/9 at 23 minutes. I'm still not even sure what happened.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

Dunno how you play your morg support there buster but the standard is to make it clear to your ADC within 2 minutes that you will be carrying this lane

Oh, I got a double kill with pretty much no assist from my ADC in lane at like 3 minutes. I assume that sent a pretty clear message.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I pretty much just spam Morgana support games anymore, and I have to say, there is some pretty good Jhin synergy there.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Mystery Prize posted:

Jax especially; his E is completely useless against her in lane phase, because it's a free riposte every time and there is nothing I can do about it.

Wait, you can activate Jax's E early, and have a 1 second window to do so in, while Riposte only last .75 seconds, so at best she should only be countering half of them if you're mixing up when you activate the stun.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

How do you safely ward against a pick comp? Just fought a Quinn/Eve team as Soraka and it felt like if we ever lost map pressure it was lost for good unless they showed themselves in lanes, because stepping foot into the jungle alone meant I was going to get my teeth kicked in.

Spooky Ghosts

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Wachepti posted:

Wow I haven't seen a queue to log on in ages. Happy Easter everyone!

I think the servers just poo poo themselves. Everyone in my game just lagged out and dc'd.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Soraka may in fact be completely broken in Twisted Treeline right now. Super safe laning with easy CS, huge impact in team fights when you only have two targets to heal. I've been stomping with it and it's a ton of fun.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Welp, I've now had two Soraka treeline games where I laned solo against two people and both went swimmingly. She may in fact be unkillable in lane.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Kashuno posted:

Do people really still do the 2/1 split on TT?

I think it's because towers go down so fast in TT, you see a lot of duo lanes with cooldown champs like Mundo supporting. Put out tons of pressure, take towers fast.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
For the zero people that were wondering, optimal Soraka treeline build is Sheen->Lucidity->Nashor's Tooth->Lich Bane->Wooglet's Witchcap

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

falconry posted:

Currently 6 losses into trying to learn Jhin, how do people actually win with this dude? The most curious thing about him to me is how easily I get 1v1'd by every other ADC even when I come out ahead in laning, does that sound normal?

If you're 1v1ing another ADC, that means you're within their auto attack range and you basically don't have an ult and they do. Do small skirmishes and back off. Once they're below half you can try and finish them with your ult, or just don't because you shouldn't be dueling go take an objective goddammit

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Taric rework passive!

Slow and Steady

Taric's basic attacks to an enemy champion reduces their armor by 12% for 6 seconds, stacking up to 4 times. Basic attacks against enemy champions with 4 stacks cause the attack to reverberate, dealing bonus physical damage on hit to the target and nearby enemy champions, and applying maximum stacks to all enemy champions within the area of effect.

Taric's attack speed cannot be improved except through growth.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I wish :(

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
As someone who main'd Taric for a long time, I'm really excited for the rework. I hope they don't remove is ability to make enemy poke lanes look like chumps while supporting. Honestly, his in lane sustain is better than Soraka's if you can force the enemy to split their damage at all, and if your ADC is going to outscale their ADC by the late game, then Taric is an A+ pro pick.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Have the new Taric skill ratios been posted anywhere yet?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Uh, I don't think damage to champions is tracking correctly.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2151320608/227746962?tab=stats

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
This is literally the mouse I use to play League

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Logitech-Corded-Mouse-M100/14301743

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Phoenix Stance can't melt Taric's Gems.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Primetime posted:

Putting it on rageblade means vayne can buy it first item at 10 minutes if she gets a double kill bot and can proc silver bolts every other attack, get bonus attack speed and bonus AD. Who cares if she doesn't have ap scaling, that devourer proc would be insane

She can get a silver boolt every other attack after 6 attacks, not just immediately, and if she's attacking minions to stack it, she's pushing the lane and you can hang back, and if she's hit you 6 times, then you're probably dead anyways.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Three Galio support games, three Galio S ranks. I like this Mid Year Mage Update.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

How do you build Galio support?

I only really pick him into AP heavy comps so I can focus on MR and HP. Abyssal Scepter gaining cooldown is great for him. Despite being mostly a mage he has a melee auto attack so relic shield works fine. He's feels mana heavy in lane, so I don't tend to try and poke them down unless they are playing something really fragile, like a mage support with all ap/magpen runes, and I'll just max my shield first. 60 armor/mr is nothing to sneeze at at level 5, and it generally prevents opposing all ins from being successful as long as I can lead it well. His Q slow and his E speedup make for an alright peel kit, as well as set up ganks. His laning is definitely his weakest part, after that you tend to get tanky enough that you just waltz into the middle of team fights and ult, or counter engage their dive champs with your ult. Face of the Mountain + Abyssal Scepter is 20% CDR, I run another 10% CDR in runes, and finish my CDR with either Spirit Visage or Locket, depending on how much I need to actually support. At that point you'll have one slot left, so you can decide if you need damage or peel or tankiness and build appropriately.

Face of the Mountain
Sightstone
Boots
Locket/Spirit Visage
Abyssal Scepter
(Whatever I need)

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 01:06 on May 9, 2016

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Can anyone with PBE access tell me if you can use Taliyah's pop up to knock Gromp over the wall into lane and reset the camp at level 1?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Can anyone tell me if you can use Taliyah's pop up to knock Gromp over the wall and into lane resetting him?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm pretty sure Taliyah's win rate would go up like 10% if you could W->E combo instead of E->W combo. Of course, she'd only be at like 45% win rate then, but that's better then what it is now.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Radical posted:

kinda, ideally you would want to be able to cast the w more when you start leveling it and if you catch them throw down the e when they're midair.

You can't put down the E fast enough to do a full combo without doing it before the W. You have to telegraph and you can't hit confirm. It us the worst part of her and makes no sense.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Ahahahahaha, they're lowering the mana cost of Taliyah's Q. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

I want a refund

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Taliyah support has been really fun so far, I really hope they work the kinks out of this champion. I honestly think support is the best role for her.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Wait, with that utility ult, a targeted root, and a Q poke, isn't Ryze just a good support now?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Haven't played the new patch yet, but someone please tell me that tank Sona is good now.

Please.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Neurolimal posted:

They also replaced the neat Crescendo buff with an almost-not-really CD reduction on her auras. Buffs Faceroll Sona but makes One Punch Woman Sona a little less fun.

Looking at the patch notes, and with the recent changes to talisman, I assumed midgame Sona was going to be an unkillable shitlord.

Talisman -> Athenes/Iceborn/Frozen Heart ->Spirit Visage

Second item would be heavily dependant on enemy comp, but you'd have 40cdr and be real hard to kill with W spam. Not the best build, but funny.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Coca Koala posted:

more than 40 cdr, because the cdr from her new R takes her over the cap.

Her R cdr is base cooldown. It is unnaffected by the cap. I believe with 40 cdr and max R she has like 65% cdr.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Sona is probably the best user of the Blue Dagger line in the game. Talisman is a waste on her.

Sona is a good user of Athene's but only if she can safely get it off repeatedly in fights, if there are big threats to her she's better off with traditional support active items like Mikael's/Locket.

Iceborn, Frozen Heart, and Spirit Visage are all bad items on supports generally, and extra bad on Sona specifically. They are items that are best paired with other high gold tank items for maximum synergy and supports never have a beefy enough core build to get the synergy between them.

Hey its like you read my entire post except the part where I said the build was bad and just funny. Thanks for agreeing with me.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Sorry, only Bond is allowed to suggest bad builds in this thread. It's in the rules. People are too impressionable.

Alright, let me defend parts of it then. Frozen Heart is core support build on 7 out of the top 20 supports. Iceborn is interesting on Sona as a kiting item because you can have the proc up 100% of the time it's not on cooldown. Sona's new W has such a short cooldown when built out, and is doubly affected by both Windspeaker's Blessing and Runic Armor masteries, allowing for a large effective pool of health, allowing the flat protective stats of Talisman/Athene's/Iceborn/Frozen Heart to be much more effective. Athene's get's significantly more procs because you can play much more aggressively since you're able to take so many more hits.

I'm not gonna defend spirit visage though, that's probably not so hot :p

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Haven't paid much attention to support builds since the support patch, hows censer and grail been on the shield/heal spamming supports like karma/sona/janna/raka and the like?

Any of them turn into a break-away star with the new power on censer or karma being able to heal with her shields, or have the items just not caught on enough yet? I had to look up censer just to remind myself what it does now.

Or are they just too niche and get in the way of building the actually good items that can swing a game like locket mikaels and zekes?

Ardent Censer rush is pretty funny on Janna, if nothing else. Especially if you're laning with a Kog'Maw.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Libertine posted:

Frozen Heart is built way too frequently on supports. They don't have the requisite health pool to survive long skirmishes in order to make it's passive shine. It should be a supplementary item only for champions who build high health items and defense in every single other slot (i.e. Malphite). There's a glacial shroud based item that is excellent for supports and their ADCs and it's called Zeke's Harbinger and there's almost no instance (except maybe full anti-AD) where it's not a better choice than FH or IBG.

This is kind of unrelated to our current dumb argument, but do you think Zeke's Harbinger is useful in low elo solo queue? I feel like people pretty much never play to the passive and it seems like such an important piece of the item.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Please don't take this away Riot

https://my.mixtape.moe/pozkss.webm

CubeTheory fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory