Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://youtu.be/ICKrtbT3PqE

For Sion/Olaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
So team builder is gone? The gently caress? Who thought this was a good idea?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hm that sucks, I guess Rumble is still a good pocket pick against some champs like Nasus and Malphite and Riven and that sorta thing though

Rumble suffered big time

Which is a shame because he is loving fantastic if played correctly

Gives massive power to a teamfight with his ult, and if you are building him correctly is also a pain in the rear end to kill

Not to mention deathfire touch being super neat with flamespitter

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I was just getting the hang of him again based on the LOLsoc Rumble video that got posted and dumpstering some people, but it sounds like it's a pretty uphill battle compared to some champs

It is indeed an uphill battle, because if you do not counter a champion you will get ruined by them

Your farming ability and waveclear is fairly lacking thanks to reduced damage to minions on your q

You will likely lose lane 90% of the time, but losing lane opens you up to roaming, at which rumble excels

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
i can't wait to make people cry as talon now

edit: wow, magres, your red text is impressive.

i'm glad you pissed off someone that much

fishception fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 9, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
did the patch already land or did they just release the notes for it

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
ahahahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

xin....... is good

fishception fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 10, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Mash posted:

I need help coming up with a new one-trick-pony summoner name. Ideally, it should combine my love of Fiora and of Kanye West somehow.

Ima Let You Finish But Fiora

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
so here's a question

does sated devourer on its proc cause the mark from duskblade to happen twice

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

K8.0 posted:

I mean unless the cooldown is totally broken, no, it won't. But we're talking about Riot so... probably?

that would be completely horrendous, two procs of it going off, jesus christ

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

hahahahaha holy poo poo

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

slydingdoor posted:

Now to put Yorick ult on the Shaco...

Okay seriously this would be a great troll comp

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Transient People posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FIPGHL7ZZI

All the excuse anybody needs to buff xin zhao.

https://youtu.be/YtPsTieXSfI

also a valid excuse

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

SaffronKit posted:

So basically you gently caress your jungler over to get a massive advantage top lane. It's kind of neat but at the same time taking a buff from your jungler that early really sets them back, I'm not sure if it's worth to do unless the Sion immediately crushes his lane with the advantage.

Counterpoint: junglers that don't need blue buff, like aatrox and whoever else I don't know?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Killed By Death posted:

The real trick with toplane Sion is to invade the enemy jungler's 2nd buff and steal that. Of course you risk getting first blooded, but oh well

imo as sion if you ain't dyin you ain't tryin

seriously though nasty jungle daddy sion is super fun

the reason I say if you ain't dyin you ain't tryin is because unlike most champions sion is only mildly inconvenienced by death and you can usually pick up a kill before dying for good, not to mention if you do it on a countergank you can stop the gank by sheer damage volume

fishception fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 11, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Can anyone do some Shaco bullshit and put vids of it up

I want to feel their anger

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Gridlocked posted:

I got Naut over Corki because I want something to play at support that isn't Braum and a top tank so I'm not just picking Mantheon into everything.

Also Naut is filthy in the jungle, utterly disgusting

Great clear, doesn't need to worry about mana, and raunchy rear end ganks that involve sitting on someone and making them never move ever again

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I am so incredibly confused by pantheon dominating this patch

Xin seems like he's in a better place???

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Any ADC with Mobility is fine right now mostly because static ADCs require useful teammates which is almost never guaranteed

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think with new MF's passive she is in my opinion the easiest champion to last hit with in the game

(that is, actually like individually last hit, not waveclear)

nunu

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
if we're talking about super-consistent last hitting, then zed is the best by far

he not only has a passive that makes it easier, he also has unlimited mana and a pretty hefty range on his abilities

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

BigLeafyTree posted:

Rengar is a stupid champion but not because his burst is too high or his gap closer is too log or because he has a root. It's because his ult gives him near perfect information about the situation he's about to jump into, and the detection options in the game right now are awful and designed around warding and not champions.

god forbid riot adds oracle's elixir back to the game

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Coca Koala posted:

I bought Braum and Nautilus.

How the hell do I play a tank? Hanging out on the front lines, soaking up damage, until I have an opportunity to hook or ult somebody important?

Yes

Especially as Jungle Naut, your team is relying entirely upon you to personally drag them kicking and screaming to a successful teamfight.

Always act like your team is a herd of cats, and their team are a bunch of hungry Asian dudes that enjoy eating cats and happen to be very good at it (because they probably are).

After a certain point you can just initiate whenever the drat hell you feel like it, because Nautilus can just sit in the middle of enemy fire and just not die ever.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

flyingkiwi posted:

Naut's fuckin great and has been for ages, but his winrate keeps going up patch after patch which probably means he's about to get destroyed. Sad

This is truth and also a drat shame because Nautilus is in a really good place right now as a skill-based jungle tank that doesn't go to poo poo late game.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
oh man

gently caress yes

turned a game around as talon when i made their zed tilt by telling the team to focus him and taunting him, telling him that it was okay, and that everything was gonna be fine

i was waaaay behind on farm thanks to the fact that i really dunno how to counter a zed as talon

so i just avoided his lane and went to other lanes to assassinate rather than try to stay in the same lane as him

BigBillsBlackCak (ALL): report zed for unsportsmanlike

that was the loving icing on the cake, a second before they surrendered

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7vpS4n2Ko

tank karma...... is good

not me, a friend of mine

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Am I an evil person if I had a plan to make a smurf named "Challenger Bard" and do nothing but play awful Bard to piss people off

oh and only do all chat going "boop" and "bwoooop"

fishception fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 17, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Realtalk though what should I look for in early ganks as a jungler? I look at the map every few seconds thanks to a couple dozen games of hearing MAP so I have decent awareness as this point.

Look for pushed lanes. Your holy grail of ganking is when the enemy is pushed all the way to your tower, and both champions are at mid-level health.

Also consider the mobility of the champion you are facing.

rabidsquid posted:

If you can land cocoon I don't think your ADC needs to be particularly skilled to kill somebody who is stunned.

whoah now, that's asking a lot

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Is there a particular reason people always max Q first on Olaf? Whenever I play I always max his E first and walk all over the enemy top lane. Hell I usually max it last. I just get one point in it for the slow. I did get placed in Bronze 3 this season so that might be a factor.

i will continually state that people that are playing olaf in lane are doing it completely wrong

olaf jungle is hilariously dominant and he can out-duel just about anyone that tries counterjungling him because no one expects the traincrash of damage that E brings all at once, and the fact that he can proc it multiple times in a fight

in addition, you get a massive amount of time during which CC simply isn't an issue, so you can walk all over the opponents and it doesn't matter what they do, you're picking up at least ONE kill, maybe two

edit: also take ghost on him, due to the fact that ghost + his ult + speed boots will make him go ridiculously fast and be in an opponent's face before they can do anything about it

fishception fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 18, 2016

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Gridlocked posted:

I love Naut. He's so fun. Even as support I am a giant tanky ball of snares and AoE damage.

yup

just build full-on tank, and never die while slowing the entirety of their team down just by your presence

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Mash posted:

Fiora / Garen is reasonably even. Garen needs to max E over Q though, in case he was considering otherwise. I've played Fiora into Q max Garen and it's a joke, because you Riposte all his damage and then poo poo on him. Fiora outscales Garen but Garen can definitely snowball that lane in his favour, either alone or with the help of the jungler.

Here's my big list of Fiora matchups:

Unplayable for Fiora:
Graves

Real bad for Fiora:
Quinn, Tryndamere

Not great but playable:
Poppy, Lissandra, Lulu, Malphite, Pantheon, Trundle

Even and fun:
Renekton, Darius, Irelia, Riven,

Even and uninteresting:
Shen, Garen, Nasus, Olaf

Fiora with slight edge:
Jax, Xin Zhao (I think), Nautilus, Mundo, Kayle, Wukong, Cho'gath, Gangplank, Ryze

Fiora shits on:
Tahm Kench (post nerf+bugfix), Gnar, Yasuo, Volibear, Swain, Vlad

what about teemo

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Mash posted:

I've only played it 2-3 times and usually the Olaf has used axes to farm caster minions and used his Ult to disengage when I've ulted to turn a trade into an all-in. I guess I've only played against pansy-rear end Olafs so far

that's the thing with olaf: never play passive or safely with olaf

you can outduel just about anyone in the game just with W, and E adds massive burst to you as well

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

The Shortest Path posted:

The new lifesteal keystone is going to be nuts on Olaf right

ohhhh my god yes it is going to be nuts

this is the olaf buff no one expected or asked for

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

There was just a Stormraider's Surge top lane Pantheon in LCS

pantheon is probably one of the instances where stormraider's is pretty useful, because it lets him delete a person and then contribute more to the fight after deleting someone

mostly because the moment pantheon lands on someone, pretty much anyone with half a brain cell is going to spam any CC they possibly have at him

pantheon is not a subtle champ

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
ahahahaha this game

i didn't really know that i was doing ranked games until i got a promotion to silver (yes i am a bad) and this streamer in my promotion game starts linking his poo poo in chat

so i tell him, "please don't tilt, streamers always tilt when they do ranked and link it in chat"

sure enough, he tilts, and we had an undeniably chinese (and probably didn't understand a lick of english) adc that he was trying his damnedest to support

dear lord it was amazing

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

pkollar posted:

ok what streamer was it thought? GIVE US THE LINK

not anyone worth a drat

spent the entire time raging copiously at the fact that he just ran straight into danger and then expected us to magically extract him from danger

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
so i've been playing ranked a lot more recently, but entirely not on purpose

i made the mistake that because the ranked queue is now positioned where the normal queue used to be (automatically selected the moment you press play), i just played a bunch of ranked

i legitimately enjoy relaxing and having a nice game of league and not taking it seriously while everyone else is just flipping poo poo

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

I hate 99% of the people who play devourer junglers because I hate the play style it promotes which isn't fun even if your team happens to win

i hate midlaners

and yasuo

but mostly midlaners

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Tales of Woe posted:

sometimes you just gotta enter the Yi Zone

agreed

NEW PRO AS HECK MASTER YI BUILD

runes:

movespeed quints, everything else attack speed

build:

devourer jungle, mob boots, and 3 zeals should be your midgame goal

build each of the zeals into phantom dancer, statik shiv, and trinity force for maximum go fast

last item is your choice, though duskblade isn't a bad choice and neither is ohmwrecker for those SICK NASTY TOWER KILLS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

• Locked thread