Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Mash posted:

Bard mid update: it's really, really bad
The secret is on-hit, AD Bard. Not kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It feels like this season is more of a grind than the last couple season starts. Almost everyone dropped a whole division so you're fighting just to get back to where you were to begin with, but against people you were matched against before the reset anyway.

I'd wait to do placements until a month or two into the season.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

my gf said you were handsome as well so that's 2/2 here. gibberish and flameingblack you must now post your selfies or be outcast for bad judgement

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Should I be running AD reds or hybrid pen reds on Corki?
AD runes with Attack Speed Quints.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

"We fixed dynamic queue"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Transient People posted:

hey choco, wanna play a couple games? We should get you outta bronze before I get to G5 and we can't duo anymore imo
I'm a game away from Promos and still hard-carrying games so I should be okay even if you hit Gold. I'll be home in a couple hours

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I played Nautilus mid and I think it's my new go-to this season over Malphite/Zac since they take a lot longer to ramp up now. Had to go tanky because we had Teemo/Pantheon/Sona so no real tank, but up until I had to go defensive I was like 4/0 at some point. Early wave clear on AP Nautilus is amazing so he can push up and roam and beat the snot out of any other lane he pleases because he has so much CC. He feels good as a hybrid tank, so I think full AP Nautilus would be a (deep) terror to deal with.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Support Nunu doesn't sound like a good idea unless you plan on spending the first 15 minutes of the game last-hitting under your own tower

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Servaetes posted:

You guys are making GBS threads on support Nunu but check out them incredible stats on 125+ games as support Nunu on champion.gg...
what the gently caress

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Okay after testing a lot of Jhin games against bots the way to go seems to be flat AD runes, first item Infinity Edge/Essence Reaver

I want to make him work middle, but there's too many people playing Fizz and Talon this patch for someone without a really good dash/disengage (Kiting is great but there's no kiting an instagib a screen away)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Why not Ghostblade? The active even gives him more AD
I'm an aggressive support player and I frown anytime someone comes back with an item that isn't a BF sword I will not condone a passive 10 minutes waiting for a Ghostblade

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

But I come back with a Sheen on Ez, please don't hurt me.
I don't even come back to lane if my ADC is Ezreal. He gonna farm passively while I snowball jungle and mid because most Ezreal are either out of mana indefinitely or never hit skillshots so why bother :v:

e: GBM is rushing ER and I'd trust him over most other pros. Everyone else is building ER or IE except Pobelter (Who built the Ghostblade)

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 2, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

guys here's my video guide on how to play jungle kog'maw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09G8EZl9Kng

And here's leaked 6.3 patch notes

• Slight Akali Buffs
  • Alistar Combo more consistent / Nerf to E
  • Corki's Q/R nerfs
  • Gragas Buffs
  • Lots of Graves nerfs
  • Lots of Xin Zhao buffs
  • Brutal nerfs on Dead Man's Plate (You know, to make sure people buy "other" items)
  • All Three Zeal items rebalanced
  • Swiftness/Lucid/Mobility boots price increased
  • Buffs to Dragon's stacks

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 4, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Alistar's E is very strong gowby it's one of the stronger sustain abilities in bot lane and it's attached to one of the tankiest/hardest engaging supports.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Deadmans plate is still going to be the defacto health/armor item everyone buys so long as it increases your movement speed, turns tanks from kitable to oh poo poo he is already on top of me and I'm dead, or just a great splitpush item for escaping ganks.

Ryze climbed himself out of the dumpster in season 6 and now riot is putting him back in and making sure they weld the lid shut this time, that is a brutal nerf considering a good ryze could get 4 spells out in 1 second.
They'll have to buff him again when SKT Ryze comes out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tahm's W feels so wonky to me, I try and eat an enemy I have an acquired taste for and click on them and then I just end up eating an ally standing further away somehow. Is this something I have to get used to or is it buggy or what?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

a medical mystery posted:

I've been noticing a weird thing where occasionally when using a targeted ability or even autoattack, I'll instead use it on something closer, whether it's a different champion or a minion. Especially if I'm trying to buffer something while outside its max range. It might be that.
I just bought him and I've hosed up a lot of ganks like this, and it makes me not want to play him as Support anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Primetime posted:

Anyone played eve lately? I thought she was seeing some play with the runic echoes patch, at least at high tiers, but I can't figure out how to make her work.

I've had the best luck going echoes into a lich bane - then scepter and rylais to get sort of tanky, since the early lich bane procs let you actually 1v1 people. Looks like pros go rylais first, which works, but just feels weak.

She's probably just a bad champ since her teamfight is "hit 5 people with R" and she can't trade well, but I'm having fun with her at least.
The only Pro that still plays her is Bengi who's probably one of the best junglers in the world and he's still not that effective at it, Runic Echos might push her up, I'm waiting to see who plays her when Korea and Europe get on that patch. FWIW I think she fits a similar role as Rek'Sai does, she's really good in coordinated teams because you can collect a lot of information about where people are safely, but on her own she's not a super hard carry most of the time unless you're playing against brain-dead players who don't know how to use a map.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Elpato posted:

I've grown tired of taking the selfless supports like Bard, Thresh, Braum, etc, so I've taken to doing support Lux despite goons saying it's bad. It is, indeed, bad in that you have to land a skillshot to shield your lane buddy. Lux also tends to snipe kills, potentially taking the gold from the ADC. However, I have not had a game yet where I've lost lane or even come in lower than second in champion damage for the whole game. By the end of the game I'm rolling in gold and usually end up with Sightstone and Frost Queen's, then the build is pretty much identical to mid Lux.

Maybe I'll try to climb with her until someone punishes me for it. She's so consistently good at her job(s).
You're part of the problem

Thresh and Bard have high skill ceilings. Play Blitz, Nautilus, Trundle, and Alistar. Learn their basic combos, win lane. Then go win mid lane. Then make their jungler afraid of going on the bottom side of the map.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

frajaq posted:

Soooo where does Shen goes after that rework? I played like one game with him as support I won but I'm wondering if there's anything better?
He's supposed to be a top laner, but feels a little under-tuned

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

No, I went 7-3 from Silver 2 and got Bronze 1 for some reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Patch 6.3 notes!

quote:

"Fixed a bug where killing enemies in the fog of war sometimes caused your CS counter to decrease"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

I seriously don't get Kalista for poo poo.

It is a torture to try to learn her too. I'm used to Ez at the moment and I can't last hit for poo poo on her. Annnnd it feels like I deal no damage in trades, annnd if anyone gets aggressive at me I die because no escapes. Annnd I'm basically useless until I can get a Hurricane/BOTRK

Can someone who plays her tell me how to loving do it? It's driving me up the wall but I refuse to give up.
She's very mechanically intensive and you're probably not a great enough player to position her well. There's just some champions that are like that, Azir is another. You CAN play them without being great but you're usually much better off trying someone else.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

I am coming to this conclusion. A friend and I had high hopes of playing the Kalista/Hard Engage Support duo in ranked and climbing a division or two from it; but it just doesn't seem to be coming together.

I think I will be better off sticking with Ez and MF as my ADC's and abusing Volibear/Xin in the jungle with my duo partner doing roughly the same but with a mid lane over ADC.
Graves/Corki/Quinn are still really powerful right now and not as reliant on skillshots as Ezreal is, and they're all a little more mobile than MF.

If you want a good hard engage lane, try Nautilus/Corki, they're never going to be winning trades.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone will figure out a really cool use for Jhin eventually but it's probably not going to be in the meta where the strongest champions can obliterate a character with no escapes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

it seems so stupid to nerf udyr, he's only op because of all these dumb new items. if they nerf him and any of them change he's going to be pure garbage tier.
This is always how Riot "balances" champions.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Or finished an ult without dying basically i'm really bad
Sorry you're bad. Just play Darius.

e: Are you still Bronze 4? You should learn the most basic champions first and then learn the rest of the game before trying to play anything else. Malphite, Darius, Garen for top lane, you need to learn better warding and map awareness, what other champions do, when to trade, how to farm, etc.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Feb 17, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

God gently caress Fiora forever. Completely unbeatable in lane as a melee unless you're also a lane bully or you get jungle help the entire game.
Pantheon/Tryndamere/Trundle do really well against her and Poppy is a skill matchup, who are you trying to play against her?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

henkman posted:

He's strong
+ everyone else got nerfed, either directly or via item builds

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Anyone else feel that having an adc is starting to be not worth it? Might as well just put a mage in botlane.
You still need to kill towers and Triple AD comps are really strong right now??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Libertine posted:

He articulates his arguments like he spends all day in Twitch chat (which he probably does as his job so yeah) but I don't think he's wrong about anything. I opened this video expecting to kind of laugh him off because of his unique style ended up eventually pushing him out of the competitive game, but I think he's pretty spot on for the most part.

1) Laners doing camps before going to lane is lame. I hate doing it, I hate playing against it, I don't like how it is emphasized so heavily in the pro game either.
2) Locket being a permanent item requirement against any standard team composition and the entire professional meta-game being balanced around team fighting power spike of either team having or not having one handicaps both the support/jungle role's flexibility.
3) I'd go beyond Meteos and say that I think both Blue and Red Buff should be re-designed, or that there should be some other appreciable incentive to them. They've basically been the buffs for the AP and AD carries for as long as the game has existed. I feel like there's a lot more creative space that could be done with the buffs and the monster camp mini-buffs.
What if smiting the red/blue buffs "charges" up and if someone on your team kills the buff, the jungler gets to keep the red/blue buff for a shorter duration/weaker effect, if the enemy kills the buff you lose the charge. There aren't as many mana-starved junglers as there used to be but it would help the Jungler out regardless.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

itsjustdrew posted:

why was it disabled? I must have missed something, but its been disabled all day so I had to take my glorious singed in the jungle instead.
I know you don't like reading the thread but there's literally a video linked about this bug less than 5 posts above yours.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Servaetes posted:

Is Rumble jungle a thing because they removed the damage reduction on flamespitter? I mean a danger zone'd Rumble + mini Ludens hurts like hell but that's all I can figure as to why I've seen two of them now. It's kinda annoying as hell.
It was played in Korea, it got popular elsewhere. The idea is that his clear is so good now and his ultimate is on such a low cooldown that he's got pretty strong ganks all game and does a decent amount of damage, too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Christ, exhaust/smite shyv is disgusting. Two 16 minute sated games in a row (against nidalee/volibear). No one can run from you, no one can kill you, and you take out 3/4ths of a kog'maw's health in one q with titanic hydra active.
she snuck back into the game after being hurt pretty badly after the "we hate the smite/top meta" nerfs. She's strong again by proxy of Riot never wanting more than three or four junglers to be viable per patch so they all get nerfed.

The jungle will only be balanced when they're removed from the game :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I played against a jungle Shyvana last night who absolutely wrecked my whole team but we had an AFK ADC so I couldn't really tell if the pick was good again or if it was just one of those games.
shes a very strong devourer jungler that rushes Titanic Hydra and snowballs early with Exhaust and Challenging smite. She can transition into a pretty heavy tank afterwards too if the game manages to go late, I wouldn't be surprised if she were one of the top junglers on this patch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gridlocked posted:

I had an argument with a friend over why none of the LCK players buy Devourer ever.

He said it was because they don't have time to farm the stacks. I say it's because they don't play farm-for-20-min-and-carry-junglers who want Devourer but rather ones that have Cinderhulk/Warrior/Echos and can impact the game more readily.

He was very vocal about me being stupid. He plays farm-and-carry-junglers and also is the kinda guy who will say "I can't carry this" every time we lose a game.
the biggest difference between an NA jungler and an LCK jungler is that even if both regions have no first blood until 25 minutes, an LCK jungler has been applying a lot of pressure and helping capture objectives so they haven't had time to power farm, whereas anyone except for Dardoach and Reignover has probably been wandering around loving lost for 25 minutes because there were no lanes to gank and they STILL didn't have the time to power farm.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

idgi when I'm playing mid or support and I see a jungler blip on the bottom side of the map I'm over there in an instant unless I'm pushed hard into tower. At worst you end up blowing a summoner and losing pressure and at best you've gotten yourself a kill or assist. But most people will just hyper-focus on lane and leave their jungler to die because ???? (And then they're promptly killed by that same jungler as they comes from your own jungler)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Azzents posted:

You'd think this would gave Riot a wake up call on their PBE rules but I guess not.
The laughable thing about all this poo poo is both Riot's internal team, and Riot's volunteer teams on PBE report these all the time but these bugs never get addressed until they're on the front page of reddit and everyone's breaking games with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

They've been doing less and less to fix these bugs lately, the Zz'Rot portal bug was well known on PBE and it got pushed out anyway. Just saying.

• Locked thread