Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Blood Moon or Silverfang Akali?

Pool Party or Muay Thai Lee SIn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I climbed to Bronze 4! Success!

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Will these changes make Akali viable?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Why is Talon going to be so good now?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How can I get SSW Thresh?

Also, I'm really enjoying Lucian and doing pretty well with him, and I'm working on learning Ez in normal draft. Heimerdonger makes for a fun top experience if I end up getting top instead of ADC. What are the reasons to be Ez vs Lucian? I really don't know poo poo about comps and conterpicking.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Are there prizes for reaching gold other then the border? I seem to remember something a few seasons back but I was never serious enough to bother.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

The Mash posted:

Gold is literally the only tier that matters other than the dumb border, as it gets a skin reward every season.

So what you're saying is if I'm still godawful near the end of the year I should buy boosting to gold? What skins have been given away? What is this seasons?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

So who are priority bans now? Xin, J4, Talon, Zed? Also do any ADC use duskblade?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Seems like it would be great on Lucian. He could proc it with ult, right?

Even with the nerfs, I would ban Graves before any of those except for maybe Talon.

e: Kog might also be OP right now, we'll see.

Maybe it's because I'm Bronze but I've really never been scared of Graves. I've seen him get through a couple of times, and he's always been largely not really useful so I stopped banning him.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What are the top supports right now? My duo partner plays a lot of Tahm and Thresh and they are both very awesome since you can usually get a gank early. I play mostly Lucian. Tahm especially is probably my favorite dude to see behind me. He can save me, setup ganks, do respectable damage, take a ton of damage.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What the hell is going on?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How did you nerds decide on a role? I tried a few Annie/Ahri games and mid is just awful. Maybe it's just mages but I don't have Zed/Talon to check. Top and support are even worse than that though.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I've done well with Udyr and Yi in the jungle. I'd like to learn Elise or Lee Sin I just haven't gotten around to it. Jungle is really fun but I need to learn to gank earlier and try level 3 ganks and poo poo.

I also enjoy ADC and am "eh" with Lucien and "please stop feeding" with Ez.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

My problem with top is I don't like any of the champions. Teemo is fun I guess but the rest suck prolasped rear end

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

OH BOY I CAN BE A WALKING ROCK OR A BIRD LADY

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Pretty obviously a troll if you consider his username but he doesn't even say poo poo about Gangplank

I am bad at barrel chains. Oh and I don't think I've ever actually stopped a skill with W on fiora. idk what else there is really.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Radical posted:

have you played pantheon, the other approved top laner

I got him in ARAM once

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Radical posted:

its like the movie 300 but instead of persians you're killing noobs

That sounds pretty radical

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Realtalk though what should I look for in early ganks as a jungler? I look at the map every few seconds thanks to a couple dozen games of hearing MAP so I have decent awareness as this point.

ALSO, how do I teamfight? I always get so confused with everything going off and suddenly he's dead and welp there go two of my teammates who do I attackohgodimstunnendanddeadwhatisgoingonfuuuuuck

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

really enjoying elise, is she in a good place or will she be nerfed?

Runic Echos is getting nerfed and she got nerfed with Runic Echos in mind soooooo

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

So udyr nerfs comin

"Udyr nerfs should be in for PBE tomorrow. Base Shield for turtle down 20 at max rank, phoenix proc damage down 20 at max ran"

Runic Echoes nerf coming with it according to reddit.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

lol @ this being a reason not to pick the best toplaner in the game

Or finished an ult without dying basically i'm really bad

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Janna is really fun guys

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Today is the first time I've had to play in almost two weeks and ranked goes down. gently caress you Riot.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Whoops

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

What the god drat gently caress is going on today

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Nautilus is a really fun support. I think I want to pick up Braum and maybe give Blitzcrank a shot. How much harder are grabs to hit than anchors?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I made it up to 71 lp yesterday. After a series of horrific crushing losses I'm down to 9lp again. I will never leave B5.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Would you like a coaching session from the meme master himself

Yes

henkman posted:

Stop building sunfire cape on support nautilus

What should my last item be?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Pink ward.

Why would I buy a pink ward unless I'm facing someone like Akali or Shaco? They are visible and I already have three wards from Sightstone.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

Post a replay or a youtube video of a game you would like to get tips from

What is your goal for playing ranked? Do you want to be silver, gold, something else?

What role do you main?

Can you post a link to one of your games from the league website so we can see item builds and other statistics?

I would like to reach Gold V in an ideal world but I'm starting to think that might not be a realistic expectation. I'd be happy to leave bronze this season. I have settled on support with Nautilus being my primary. I'm gonna give Blitz/Janna/others a try in some normals to get some depth to my roster.

Here is an average win. http://www.replay.gg/search/na/arrgy#2110171201

Here is a loss. http://www.replay.gg/search/na/arrgy#2111100534

Here is my op.gg http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=arrgy

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

foutre posted:

Tons of words on warding.

40+ wards seems like so many. I'll start giving pinks a try and try and remember to constantly refresh my sightstone wards. 14 is a long way from 40.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Methanar posted:

I've bought 3 pinks since they stopped being a trinket option.

Will you be my ADC?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Champion.gg lied to me then. RIP

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

God drat I am bad at video games

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Woah, thank you both so much for all the :words:! Lots to think about and try to improve on.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

I watched the Naut loss and tried to record commentary, but my mic was off the whole time :|

You're in bronze because you don't understand the basics of how bot lane works.
  • hit level two first
  • kill them
  • you've won the lane, that's it

So the way to play a melee support at level one is very clear-cut. You use a charge on the first minion, then back off the wave. You go up to the second wave (melees), and auto them constantly until they're all dead. As the last one dies, you move up to the opponents and throw out your engage the split-second you hit 2. Instead, here's what you did:
  • use charges on first wave (I think?)
  • stand around taking Cait autos and Malph Q's
  • run away from them because you're at half HP even while chugging pots
  • hit level two after them
  • lose an all-in because you had half their combined HP
And the lane is basically over from there. There were other mistakes, but for now, the step-one-subsection-one of being a decent support is achieving and winning the level two all-in.

Thanks for the notes. I'll try to handle the early waves better.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Morg is stupid unfair as support. While she dies easier than Nautilus and brings less CC you bring more damage, range and it's easier to get a good ult on her.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

Nautilus does significantly more damage in lane, his bases are insane. Even after laning phase her damage isn't that great because you max pool last on support. She's good as a counter-pick to Thresh, Blitz and Braum but she's not a particularly good bully support.

Really? I found (in my extremely tiny sample size) that the ADC is more likely to go in when you and a Q than when you land an auto with Nautilus. I was maxing QWE and basically acting like an Annie or Lux support. Build path was Sightstone -> FQC -> Zonyha -> something other stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

You really should listen to Kog about Morgana. It's like one of his best played champs and he is bar none the best midlane goon out there

Who is Kog?

• Locked thread