Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
breaks
May 12, 2001

Try Bard ADC instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

I think it's a bug / consequence of the new champ select that they have said they're going to patch sometime soon.

breaks
May 12, 2001

I just ask my teammates what they want to ban and ban that so I get an extra 30 seconds or so of civil behavior.

breaks
May 12, 2001

I don't know why he/they said they'd do the solo queue thing in the first place. Just tell everyone they're gonna play dynamic queue and they're gonna like it. Like the chances of any significant number of people actually quitting over it are close to zero, so if he's so convinced dynamic queue is really such a great idea, then just do it and quit being such a fuckin Millenial about it.

breaks
May 12, 2001

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

I just don't get why lock-ins need to be a thing, especially with stiff time penalties attached considering how easy it still is for people to do by accident

The point of them is to stop people from AFKing the champ select so that it doesn't take a full game of Hearthstone to get through it. I think it does a pretty good job already when people aren't dodging, and people definitely seem to dodge less than they did a week or two ago. It looks like the timers are all getting cut by 25% or so soon which will make it even faster.

breaks
May 12, 2001

On PBE at the moment it's 20 seconds for the pre-ban part and 30 seconds for everything else, which ends up being about 9 min max also.

But I think the point is less the theoretical maximum time it can take, and more that they made it harder on people who AFK since people who are actually paying a little bit of attention don't usually take all the allotted time to lock in.

Whereas without the lock in you get people who pick a champ and then intentionally don't lock in so they can go do something else and poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

Luna Was Here posted:

hi leeg thread i am noob plaer what do i do when i am first pick pick lucian and my team proceeds to pick jhin and shaco with malph support for me and the enemy team goes braum elise gnar building near full tank? like is there some item im supposed to build because i never felt like I could do damage at any point of the game

Next time this happens try starting off with a sapphire crystal, then rushing a tear of the goddess. Then rush 5 more of them.

Make sure to get the farsight alteration at level 9 also so that it kinda looks like you have 7 if you squint.

You still won't really do any damage, but this should help you communicate your feelings about the situation more clearly with your bros, and maybe get one of them to honor you with the coveted "teamwork" message.

• Locked thread