Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kashuno posted:

I'm late to the party but just played my first game ever as Xin and wtf this is monstrous.

What did you build?

blah_blah posted:

He's not actually good though, as opposed to those abominations.

He's a different kind of abomination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

For jungling you should 99% always take strength of the ages.

I've been using Strength on most junglers bar Xin. Was trying to make him work with Warlords or Fevor and just push the crit/aspd angle but I am starting to think Strength is the better choice if you are going to do the 2x damage items -> tank. Also Runic Armour is pretty great on him as is Swiftness

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

She's very mechanically intensive and you're probably not a great enough player to position her well. There's just some champions that are like that, Azir is another. You CAN play them without being great but you're usually much better off trying someone else.

I am coming to this conclusion. A friend and I had high hopes of playing the Kalista/Hard Engage Support duo in ranked and climbing a division or two from it; but it just doesn't seem to be coming together.

I think I will be better off sticking with Ez and MF as my ADC's and abusing Volibear/Xin in the jungle with my duo partner doing roughly the same but with a mid lane over ADC.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

Graves/Corki/Quinn are still really powerful right now and not as reliant on skillshots as Ezreal is, and they're all a little more mobile than MF.

If you want a good hard engage lane, try Nautilus/Corki, they're never going to be winning trades.

I haven't played Ez in ranked yet but I have a 60%ish win rate with him after 30+ matches; so I am fairly happy with him.

I will give Corki and/or Quinn a go as you suggest.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Gaah do I spend my IP on Corki, Naut or Koggles. Or save up another few days for Quinn.

Why must all the cool and strong champs be the ones I don't own yet.

Edit: Also people giving me the ADC advice: How much CS per min should I be aiming for to be happy with my income?

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 13, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mottie posted:

In a vacuum/ unpressured, 13/minute (perfect cs)
In reality, more than your lane opponent.
Also get corki and koggles you won't regret it.

I mean in reality not an empty map.

ATM on Ez I'm doing about 5.9-6.7 a game win or lose.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I like to aim for 7.5 in any lane as excellent cs, but even pro lol players don't hit that regularly in soloq.

Uuugh so I'm really below the curve.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I got Naut over Corki because I want something to play at support that isn't Braum and a top tank so I'm not just picking Mantheon into everything.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

Uh excuse you I just played a game to prove you wrong.

Ok buddy you win.

Now go outside.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

There's a flurry going on outside and it's kinda late.

Don't be a wuss Methanar.

Put on some gloves, do 20 pushups on your front lawn. It's healthy and character building.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I

Methanar posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

I'm gonna assume you did some pushups.

Good job. We are proud of you.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Do you feel healthy?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

It's 1:30am and I just did 20 snow push ups. I feel a bit too awake.

20 weird snow push ups too. Tuck in those elbows boy.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Kokoro Wish posted:

Hmm, so it looks like Sona and Zed (maybe more) are getting murdered by some of the game's assassins (looks like maybe Talon and Jhin) in an upcoming event. Maybe they're going to be reworked some.

What other problematic/Ionian champs could end up on the list?

Little late to the party buddy. That was part of the Jhin release crap.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Things I can buy:

Naut
Corki
Koggles
Quinn

What do I buy goons?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tsurupettan posted:

buy kanye's newest album instead

Good idea.

Also I got Nauty cause I like saying Nauty.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

flyingkiwi posted:

Naut's fuckin great and has been for ages, but his winrate keeps going up patch after patch which probably means he's about to get destroyed. Sad

He's fuckin great.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Zz'rots and Banner are great and they work quite well in OCE where the standard game practice (at least at the levels I am at and in normals) is to have both lanes and jungle collapse mid as soon as a tower in your lane goes down and then try to win a team fight so you can then disperse to objectives/other lanes to push for a min or two.

It's awful and boring as gently caress but because OCE appears to lack the ability to ward deep attempting to push a lane with 1 or 2 people while your team holds against the opposing stack is dangerous as it's easy to get flank'n'gank'd. Zz'rots and banner make it oh so fun because then you can force the push with out comprising your teams skirmish ability.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Yeah OCE normals are loving disgusting, unless you are playing in a 3 man + your game will probably end in both teams araming for literally 0 reason even if inhibs are down.

Especially late at night, and for some reason it's worse once you start getting matched with plats with lower normal mmr. Legitimate looking bronze/silver players are more willing to push sidelaners than dudes who look like they have the mechanics of jesus.

I am currently the Bronze/Silver bracket and my normals put me with anything from Diamond 1's to Plat 5's on a regular basis. Like one out of 2 games will have one or two Plats/Golds for either and one in 10 will have a Diamond.

All of them bar sometimes the awesome Plat/Diamond top/jungle will turn the game into a ARAM at 20min no matter how their lane is going, how they are doing in farm or what not. And you can't ignore it because if you have your one guy mid screaming his lane now has 3-4 people in it you can't out push them and they will ignore your push because theirs will be better.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

Also I found peak name.

Well at least is isn't 420WeedlordHitler_98 again

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lovechop posted:

this thread is actually really fun and at its best when we're just talking about whatever goofy stuff. like remember when everyone was posting pet pics :)

Better then listening to me complain about Silver right?

Also lolsilver i'm 1 failed placement off bronze 3 baby!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I love Naut. He's so fun. Even as support I am a giant tanky ball of snares and AoE damage.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sperglord Firecock posted:

yup

just build full-on tank, and never die while slowing the entirety of their team down just by your presence

My favorite thing at the moment is Top Naut with Iceborn and Sunfire into an opposing AD melee guy.

I had someone play a Fiora against me the other day for it. He tried a level 1 fight, and I squished him like a bug. He teleported back into the fight and I got to level 2, squished him again.

Ended up losing the game anyway :saddowns: Stupid other lanes.
Also I got too big for my boots at level 7 and after taking a bit of damage from him I tried hooking him back into the tower, only to be just outside tower range and dying to his ult.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
All these goons playing together and still I can't find some OCE ones :(

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I like watching Madlife carry in the LCK with Bard.

His Bard is so scary that most teams are at the point of banning it against him.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Magres posted:

Oooh will you link some games?

IIRC this one was where he hit pretty much every bard ult and just walked all over my favorite team :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p793cgjVU4w

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

IIRC this one was where he hit pretty much every bard ult and just walked all over my favorite team :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p793cgjVU4w

Follow up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g07KQpJjYi8

CJ lost the match over all but Madlife got Bard in this game and carried to ultimate victory. It's a 1hr game though so if you skip to like the 1 hour exactly mark you can watch the game winning play in all it's glory.

Edit: also the 48min mark on the VoD for epic Madlife game saves.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 22, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

kingcobweb posted:

Kog is so broken that today I supported a Kog who used his Q and we still won.

A mate and I have been practicing some normals with him on Koggles and me on Nauto Supporto and we are dominating pretty much any match-up.

Preparing to use it to buy some Freelo it's that spicy right now. Even better because we both suck rear end and are in the lower silver bracket if we can just pull of some strong kills the other team will actually just rage-surrender at 20 and stop us having to actually play the game. I reckon that's that real strategy fro climbing the Silver ladder: just make their first 20min hell so that they quit rather then force you to actually play.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I had an argument with a friend over why none of the LCK players buy Devourer ever.

He said it was because they don't have time to farm the stacks. I say it's because they don't play farm-for-20-min-and-carry-junglers who want Devourer but rather ones that have Cinderhulk/Warrior/Echos and can impact the game more readily.

He was very vocal about me being stupid. He plays farm-and-carry-junglers and also is the kinda guy who will say "I can't carry this" every time we lose a game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

i can almost definitely see lck teams just loving with the enemy devourer for the entire game and making their lives miserable

also you are right, junglers aren't carry roles in pro lol and your friends an idiot.

I said they don't play carry roles and hes like "THEY PICK GRAVES GRAVES CARRIES"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Devourer is gonna keep winning games in solo queue purely on how powerful it gets if you don't a) cause enough hell early game to force the jungler to either let his team 4v5 and get behind or b) get outplayed by coordinated ganks, good vision or counter jungleing.

In most solo queue games people are gonna be more focused on their lane; not the repercussions of ignoring the Devourer-Guy's farm on some annoying auto-attack champ like Yi or Xin. Especially on like Gold and below where the most team interaction you see "GG noob" if you give first blood, or a bunch of pings with no text; having coordinated counter juggling is hard as poo poo.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Libertine posted:

I'll never understand the widespread obsession with trying to play a scaling melee carry in the 4th place gold earning role which is defined by early game contribution. It's a mystery that has baffled me for years.

Because in solo queue if you don't stick your head out of your jungle for too long people will ignore you while you farm. Also because in solo queue you can wait for say top to go roaming then farm his lane to supplement your income rather then push for objectives.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tales of Woe posted:

outscaling is one of the easiest ways to win in low elo (easy in terms of mental effort, not necessarily success rate) and teams often aren't coordinated enough to punish your lack of map pressure in the first 20 mins

This.

Little-to-no coordination with anyone who isn't in a duo with you and inability to close a game out will ensure the game goes on long enough that most scaling champs will hit their power spikes often enough to make a big difference.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
All these NA goons playing together and I can't find any OCE :(

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Methanar new plan: make an OCE account so I can have someone to play with

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Weve tried making an oce grouo like 2000 times and it always fails

There just isnt enough people to start ocesilversquid and keep it populated.

Right! I'm gonna open up ocesilversquid right now and be the guy who keeps it open.

edit: chat room is just silversquid on oce; it's just me but maybe one day there will be oce goons :(

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Feb 25, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
gently caress this lovely game.

7.2 cs/min; ahead in lane even with a dodgy support and up a kill thanks to a reasonable gank.

Annnnd it all goes to poo poo cause my team uses teleport to get back to lane top and mid. And lets their ADC get a triple kill and dragon as we get 5man dived bot and lose dragon for no towers. :iamafag:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Best Anivia in OCE -> Silver?

Ooook man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

ungulateman posted:

Trip report for my fifth promo game to get into Gold and away from my friends. (Warning: long, boring, salty.)

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/123345496/201183569

Two of my friends intentionally troll me by picking Nasus (the guy is a beast on Renekton and generally wins by dominating lane and rotating to camp the enemy mid laner, regardless of position) and mid Blitzcrank (Quite possibly the best Anivia player in Oceania, excellent mage player all around [when he isn't level 1 auto trading with a Corki], but when he really wants to lose, out comes full AP mid Blitz). Shen technically isn't a troll pick, but he basically never plays jungle, and this game demonstrates why, hard.

We get first blood by doing the classic invade through the red side blue buff, except what actually happens is their support Morgana tries to 1v1 our Sivir in the river and I (as Braum) walk down, Q her, and she dies. We then get their Ezreal in a similar dogpile since he'd already skilled Q, as well as Riven's flash as she fails to Q-hop over the river wall near mid. She later dies tower diving our Nasus.

Our Shen decides the best course of action 6 minutes into the game is to gank the 0/1 Riven who is trying and failing to starve Nasus, gifting Lee Sin the easiest double kill of his life. Lee then takes his level and gold advantage and sticks it up our rear end in bot lane.

Sivir proceeds to die in the stupidest ways possible for the rest of the game, including being solo killed by Morgana since he didn't know her ultimate applied a slow (???). Shen keeps ulting top to give Riven double kills so that the rest of us die 2v3 or 3v4. Twisted Fate teleports all over the map for farm while Riven and Lee Sin kill everyone and everything.

Their Morgana did more damage to champions than the three other non-Sivir champions on my team combined. I did more damage than Shen.

:salt:

Also you need better friends. I'm Griddead on OCE; please add me and save me from my rageaholic one (my other LoL playing friend is pretty ok when he isn't making scathing remarks about how it's up to him to carry the game in every role).

• Locked thread