Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Try to guess what happened in this game (we lost)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

henkman posted:

You didn't build boots and got caught

Nah was selling my boots for a GA when the game ended, but close

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

seizure later posted:

rengar is also hot garbage right now, lane rengar especially. really looking at your team comp a victory would have been way more surprising.

ding ding ding

don't pick rengar, folks, especially if it's against quinn top (who then first builds that new AD assassin item)

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
a skin and a ward icon and a summoner icon

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

I'm really not sure how to best build Xin at this point. I tried Warrior last night and... I don't know, it still didn't have that devourer + titanic hydra magic that I love so much.

Devourer Rageblade BorK Hydra and maybe a Spirit Visage

Can solo baron at 20 if you get sated and bork

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Zed Talon Xin get the gently caress out of this game

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

5 movement speed. Slow the gently caress down Riot, wouldn't want to break the game.

Give Jhin a 20/30/40/50/60% crit on his third auto attack

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
hey I just lost a 5v4

anyways that's my story i'm gonna go kill myself cya #pourjulia

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
How I feel playing this League of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDPyhVI1iY

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Bond that pic is like the definition of a skinny fat guy sucking in his gut

You look like if Tom Hanks and Vacation-era Randy Quaid stepped into the machine from The Fly and what came out the other side was you

Gibberish fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 14, 2016

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Tyler1 is hilarious, I will miss him

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
you missed out on something special then

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

Anyone know what is currently the fastest way to grind out some IP? Need about 8k IP for some runes for a smurf account.

Rotating game modes

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Gowby are you ready for 6.9 bruh?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Elentor posted:

I know you guys hate Thorin overall but this is a pretty good video and a good reference:

* You're not as good as you think you are. Something every Plat+ player in this thread parrots over and over, and for a reason.

The problem with being in Bronze or Silver is that you have to grind way harder than you do at a higher elo to rank up, because often times your team will drag you down and waste your time. Yeah if you play consistently above your elo, you'll rank up, but the time you need to invest and the sheer number of games you need to play to balance out all the horrible teammates you're going to have just makes it feel like dog poo poo.

This is something that having just a plain elo number never had a problem with back in season 1 and 2. Yeah maybe it feels good to rank up, but when you're actively stuck in a tier/division or whatever or get demoted you feel like poo poo and just want to give up. Even if you're Diamond playing with Silvers, you're not going to get any kind of meaningful enjoyment out of grinding the 100 games needed to get to where you should be.

All the bronze or silver people in the thread, I can understand why they stay there. Grinding those games out is incredibly unfun. I got my main to Diamond like 2 months ago and I have no real urge to keep going up since I don't have anyone I can dynamic queue with. I play ranked on my smurf which is in Gold and it just feels so loving pointless trying to grind and tryhard at that elo since your team is so brain dead that you can't expect them to not throw a lead.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Tales of Woe posted:

for every skill level there's going to be someone slightly better who drags themselves down with their lovely attitude or poor decisions, i am only in silver but i am skeptical that this phenomenon goes away as you rank up

Of course it still exists, but in general once you get to mid-ish Platinum you'll probably find that people know how to close out games more often than not. I'd say that the number of times a team in Gold throws is like 30% of the time. Diamond 5 it's like 1% of the time.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Taliyah's kit seems kind of underwhelming, except for the troll wall.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
PBE server currently making GBS threads itself

Can't start any games

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Holy god that color palette :barf:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
this patch is hilarious, what a complete clusterfuck

I'm not touching ranked until 6.10

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
imho this kinda sucks dick

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
That's not saying much

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I've played ranked against an Aurelion Sol just once, a month ago. Did the champion just kind of disappear?

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

best part was the Bond "highlight"

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Zyra support is straight loving broken

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
She doesn't even need to level her E, she gets so many free plants it doesn't matter, and her mana costs are low enough that you never run out of mana and if they ever attempt to move up into the lane to harass or farm, you just spawn 4 ranged plants on their dumb asses

Freelo baby wooo

You also can give god-tier jungle leashes for free

Take advantage of it before it's nerfed

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
At that elo, you're probably best to just not support at all and just take all the kills

Come on you bozo

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
lol

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I like how they're literally turning Sona into a champion that does nothing

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Ristolaz posted:

I got savaged by Renekton as Nautilus top. Used ap/mpen runes. How should I play that matchup?

With not those runes

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
9-3 on Zyra support in the last two days
AP quints and blues, Mpen red and HP yellows, 12/18/0 thunderlords

Went from Gold II to Plat 5 on my smurf usually with most damage and gold

Get on this poo poo before its nerfed boys :getin:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Also from a recent game

"Not even Noah can carry these animals."

"The only thing you're carrying is an extra chromosome."

"Helen Keller could read the map better than this guy"

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

mistaya posted:

What's your build order? I used to rush Rylai's after FQC but champion.gg is saying go for Liandries first. Not sure if any of the new items really do much for her, or where to get the best CDR for your buck on her anymore.

I get the upgrade on the AP starting item and then skip FCQ and go into Rylais if we need a tank or CC or Liandry's if we need more damage

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Etrips posted:

JP, the server where the game is made up and the points don't matter.

Let's be honest, the only server where the points DO matter is KR because then you can transition those points into an overpaid NA job

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
In Diamond and higher I never see people complain about kill stealing unless it's blatantly retarded how someone stole it (usually DPSing when they should stop) and no one at all ever gives a poo poo how much you die as long as you win.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
True Detective season 1 was the most overrated poo poo ever on TV

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Gottem :v:

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7psrtmYYMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
BR Twisted Treeline Challenger is like Gold I NA/EUW so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine in the long run bro

• Locked thread