Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Kaidyn posted:

He just gets unkillable when a game goes to super late game, which is every game at low MMR

Some has to take grievous wounds to handle Mundo's insane self healing, and people are bad at matching their itemization to their opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Other than accidentally knocking people away a lot, Gragas is a pretty fun jungler to learn right now. Get tanky, body fools.

Xin Zhao and Skarner are good aggressive all-in junglers too if that's what you're into. If you learn your playstyle you can start to build your champion pool around that.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Don't learn jungle with these guys - if you're looking to jungle, Amumu. He's never been bad, his ganks are excellent, and he has a surprise party skin.

He's also a really solid baseline jungler, so he almost never sees nerfs/buffs, his clears are always good, an no one ever seems to ban him. While I'll agree that above junglers are currently good and kinda fun, they're also roller-coaster champs who often get nerfed into uselessness.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

If you're below gold your jungler should just be Amumu and if you pick someone else you should get sent to prison

This man speaks truth. No one in bronze/silver knows how to deal with the mummy, and I've never seen him nerfed into being bad.

What do you do if the other jungler already picked Amumu though (never happens)? do you just dodge queue while you still can?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

BigLeafyTree posted:

Your lifesteal options are a choice of BoRK, Bloodthirster, and Mercurial. Bloodthirster is the best for banging it out toe-to-toe since it offers the most lifesteal and the shield. BoRK is anti-tank, and the active is pretty good for fighting bruisers (or anyone, but especially bruisers). Mercurial is legit as hell now, combining the speed boost with cleanse with lifesteal and some damage. They also offer different spreads of stats so make an informed decision. It's fine to sit on a Vamp Scepter for a while if you have higher priorities too.

I really like Deaths Dance on MF. IE+ER+Deaths Dance = max CDR, and you get physical damage vamp so you heal from R's and Q's. The burst damage reduction also helps against assassins, allowing you time to get your murder on, and other squishes really underestimate how much extra damage you can poop out in those extra seconds as MF. Don't know if it would seem so good on ADC's who don't want CDR or stack AD over AS.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Servaetes posted:

^ Bond, Jhin Player http://plays.tv/video/56e982ad5e60bbad76/-good-

Yeah, that fourth shot + shield thing is about all Janna offers it feels like to me.

I've had extremely good success with Nami (mostly because the Nami I play with is really drat good) with the whole temp speedup fourth shot + bouncing heal or waterhands or bubble > root, Leona also really good, Alistar really good. Naut and Braum I've not played with but I totally can see how it'd be legit. Basically anyone that can set you up a root on demand and block some heat for you to do your ~*art*~ is a great pick with you. Anyone else is just uncivilized uncouth idiot moron scum trash.

He's good with Morg, too. Black Shield can stop him from getting cc'd for an easy pick, and her pool gives him an on-demand snare with his W. Plus she harasses like mad.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

mistaya posted:

I was trying to think what it was that I liked so much about nu-Taric splash and I think it's the fact that he has an entirely unnecessary popped collar in between his warcraft shoulders.

Nothing is unnecessary about that collar. It reminds us that Taric is both fabulous and truly, truly outrageous.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ignite Memories posted:

Is malphite any good as a support? I got my friend Mecha Zero Sion for his birthday and now he really wants to run an all-robot team.

Vel Koz is a fun support, not sure about how good he'll be after his mini-rework, though. You're basically better off as Morgana almost any time you'd pick the eye, but Morg is getting banned now.

Malphite is fun and good as a support, but you REALLY have to control your mana use. He's a bit like Braum with a regen shield and less mana, but who has better kill pressure at 6. He also doesn't scale well, so he's really only good as a niche pick against all AD teams otherwise other similar supports are better (Braum for tank with a knockup ult and slows, Leona for a hardcore initiator). He's not complete poo poo as a support, though, so if you really want to do team robot go for it.

In full disclosure, I play Ironsides Malph all the time as a support so I can type "I'm a Boat" and "boat beats - Horse/Train/Plane" if anyone on their team is Hecarim, Sion, or Corki.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003
ARAM gets champ mastery now, too.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

SaffronKit posted:

It is everything I ever dreamed of.

it's in the patch notes, doesn't appear to be active yet :(

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Poulpe posted:

I'm more concerned about the health packs giving less mana- as an ADC you're basically only good for your abilities from 1-7/8 and that also happens to be the period where your mana costs are especially prohibitive. Essence reaver on everyone I guess?

Tried the orb on Kayle today, worked really, really well. I don't think it will be good for the mana hungry high cost ability spammers, but it's fantastic on the lower cost somewhat tanky mage bracket.

and like all Dorans, they're a trade off - you give up on 950 gold that could go into a later item in hopes of it earning you that through kills and sustain. Relic shield + upgrade is cheaper and better for most tanks, though, don't know why they didn't think that out. Spellthiefs probably better for most of the AP users, too, and Coin might be a better bet for the healers/shielders that aren't trying to bring out the pain themselves. That AD one was sorely needed, though, because ideally you want to buy your lifesteal item 3rd/4th on most adcs, and you used to have to sit on a vamp scepter or have little to no sustain.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Crystal Geometry posted:

It doesn't do damage so adcs don't buy it. You're correct.
Most ADC's are going to die whether they negate the cc that hits them or not, so most ADC's don't buy it, and for survivabilty you may be better off with a burst item instead. ADC is also kind of a poo poo position right now as AP mages got their seasonal item rework and gained a bunch of gently caress adc itemization, so most ADC's are going extreme burst (especially in pro's, where people are more likely to capitalize on mistakes and less likely to make them, and also are much better at dodging skill shots) so they can take something out before they die. QSS also doesn't have offensive stats, so even if you start VF over it that's still quite a bit of gold between BF - Merc Scim that's not going to help you much. OTOH, if you're bad at dodging skill shots it's probably better for you than BT, so just replace the BT in the ADC's list with MS instead, it's also probably a good situational item against teams that are sporting mostly AP damage (as the more utility you get out of the MR from QSS, the better it compares to BT's bubble).

Finally, you'll notice MS is high up in Dravens list, so the best character in the game rocks it and so should you.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's so crazy to me that hearthstone is the only decent comp scene blizzard has and that happened basically by accident.

the current meta sucks and people are not playing like they used too, though. Standard was a great idea, but they forgot about all the stuff GvG was specifically designed to fix/counter so the meta could expand.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

yeah its a shame that all of that design space that was opened by dr boom is gone

Boom going was fantastic, and mech mage being gone would be great if it signaled something other than the return of freeze mage, but it didn't. The Meta sucks currently, and has less variety than before TGC, and they did nothing to shut down the stuff that was ludicrously overpowered before GvG so GvG going away didn't bring in many new decks and instead signaled the return of the same crap from classic.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

As long as Blizzard stays with their current balancing philosophy, their games will never be close to competitively balanced.

Say what you will about League, but it has decent competitive balance.

I'm not trying to knock Hearthstone, I think it's a fantastic game - I just don't think they thought about what dumping GvG and Nax would negatively do the meta. I think everyone knew most of the positives (Mech mage rotating out, Boom not basically being a requirement in every deck, a few other ridiculous cards and combos going away) but not many people expected so much to roll back to the old standard Dragon garbage. They make good cards (for the most part) but are horrible at balancing them. OTOH, Tavern Brawl is usually fun and is probably the reason we're getting a weekly rotation in LoL, some of the new stuff is more fun than the old even if not really being different, and they breathed a lot of late game life into what used to be early game loaded decks and vice versa (looking at you, Shamans and Hunters) so they're at least playable and somewhat competitive.

As for LoL balance philosophy being better, I'm not so sure. If there's a 100% p/b character, it's a pretty solid chance that character is overly powerful. There are also a wide variety of mostly useless champs at any given time, they just have a gigantic roster to work with so you can roll on to playing something else. What I can say about LoL is that they definitely TRY to balance things, and they work pretty hard at it, whereas the Blizz teams often don't seem to understand why things are broken in the first place (I mean, I played Pally in WoW through Cata, and that was the most slipshod rollercoaster I've ever seen in a game. Makes the Ryze reworks seem sensible and fairly spaced out in comparison).

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

amazeballs posted:

Buy one of each of the Red, Green, Blue chests with IP. Then buy the yellow chest with IP. Open all of them. The yellow one contains a project skin shard. All of them give you project cores that you can use to make the project shard a full skin.

It's a full skin shard, btw, you still have to use essence to make it a skin :(

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Endorph posted:

the real carry in hots is the lost vikings, because erik can just sit in top lane for the entire game until your team has five levels on the enemy

Too true. And on the maps where everyone leaves lanes to hit objectives the lost vikings can split up and collect three lanes of XP while still keeping 4 people on the objectives.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Minorkos posted:

yeah probably gonna go with volibear. i could also make bear puns on discord when i gank with him, which is a major plus

thanks fam

Kled (the new champ), too, but good luck getting to play him in a game any time soon.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Bholder posted:

Somebody tell me, is rushing Hurricane as first item without any damage or BF sword is as idiotic as it sounds or am I just not seeing the genius behind it all?

Runaan's has the thing from bow where it adds a small amount of magic damage to your hit, and massively increases your attack speed and lets you apply weirdo on hits from the secondary bullets... so, basically, if you're kog'maw you can build it first. Ashe can pick it up if it looks like it's going to be constant parties in bot lane because getting to slow all the champs who portal down means maybe she'll escape the gank? I couldn't see anyone else wanting Runaan's first, though.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

A lot of accounts ended up hacked recently, I'm not sure how but they were exploited and used to advertise boosting services.

probably using the same password on their yahoo mail and lol accounts

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

CubeTheory posted:

If I wanted to pick just three supports to really focus on, which three would be the best to cover all my bases? I think I've already decided Janna is one of them, and that Braum is definitely not because I dislike playing him a lot.

it kinda depends on your playstyle. Janna is probably the best peel support, Alistar or Taric as tank supports, VK or Nami as bullies. VK is probably better to learn because mistakes because mistakes will get you killed whereas Nami has speed boosts from her spells and healing, but Nami will teach you how to do stuff other than bully and cc. I prefer Taric over Alistair, but Ali is always going to be useful and you can just look at op or champion.gg for good builds because his build is less dependent on opposition.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Shelvocke posted:

God's own way of outplaying riven is picking rammus and repeatedly ganking for the first ten minutes of the game. Tilts them off the face of the earth. Also works on Yasuo.

OK

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

henkman posted:

And speaking of boxes let me buy keys with IP or something because I still have 10 boxes from last season and they're so incredibly stingy with keys I hate it

play more aram. I get a keyshard every other game it feels like.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Primetime posted:

My favorite low elo logic is the "support isn't warding enough".

I was playing Elise support to see what it's like - but had a sightstone I was constantly using and a control wards out all game. This didn't stop my mid and jungler from yelling at me all game for not having enough vision.

And then when I sold my sightstone at 35 minutes to make room for my full build - while we had 3 enemy inhibs down and Baron - mid lux goes "can we have your nami support, at least she buys sightstone"

Pretty sure the only things Jinx loves are guns and explosions, and she feels bogged down Rocket Launcher and Machine Gun's insistence that two firearms are enough to keep her satisfied.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vermain posted:

Malz sucks bigtime as a support. He's insanely mana hungry and highly vulnerable to all-ins pre-6. I believe Spellthief's procs also pop his passive, which puts you at a big disadvantage in lane against other harassing supports like Zyra. Your best bet for a big pushing support is actually Karma, since you can Mantra Q the backline and get it shoved in fast.

I Love Malz, and I've done Malz Support as a support main. He's definitely not generically good, though. He's vulnerable to all ins (even after 6, as any cc ends his ult) and his silence is difficult to hit with. What he's good at is steady harass damage, particularly in punishing other peoples harass. DoT + Minions will gently caress someone up at any level, so he's weirdly passive as a supp who just goes in to stop/punish others for harassing or going in... which is probably why you're seeing him in Korea. He's a good answer to the assassin jungler meta, because if they come bot post 7 they're dying. If you really want "blows thing up AP support" you want Zyra, Brand, Karma, or Vel'Koz. They all do much better at the things you need support for (reliable CC, harass damage, saving your ADC from their own stupidity) than Malzahar does.

Also, Morg is the best AP support, but I think she's stronger with support items like Athens and Censor into AP than a full AP build.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Gripen5 posted:

So it happened. I had my first penta stolen by a teammate. It was only ARAM, but it happened. I was Garen, which is strange enough as is. I had one guy left, who had way more HP than me. The rest of our team had died during the teamfight. I outplayed the other guy to sliver of health. Just need 1 auto for the kill. Then our 1/6 full health twitch who was running back from spawn as the announcer yells "Triple kill!" "Quadrakill" comes out of nowhere and autos the guy. Thanks bro. Maybe I will get a penta one day.

"I'm gonna want that back!"

But I did learn that Garen can be surprisingly good in ARAM.

Garen and Mundo are the #1 and #2 tanks in ARAM respectively. It shouldn't surprise you that people with built in sustain easily win Sustain Mode: The Game

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Vermain posted:

. If your lane goes well and get first tower gold, you feel like you're hanging onto the game by a thread, because Lee Sin or LeBlanc or whoever can still jump on you and pop you in a couple of moves and you have no way to itemize against them without severely crippling yourself.

I feel like this is the biggest part of the problem, there isn't any "stay ahead" or "stop the bleeding and survive" items for ADC like their are AP champs. Do you think it would help if they upped the AD on Maw or gave Merc Scim a better build path?

or hell, item chat, if they made BF build out of a Pickaxe + sword combo?

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Slaapaav posted:

warwick is pretty good and ituitive to play, farm jungle when ult is on cd then flash ult mid lane where your mage drops their whole combo on the unlucky bastard who gets killed from full hp under their own tower.

he feels like how a big bad wolf is supposed to play for me so they better have thought things through. They could make his w and e more interactive to make him more engaging to play i guess.

Change his Q and E, make his W give him and the targeted/nearest allied player life on hit as well as attack speed (instead of the whole team getting attack speed.

They won't do that though, it'll be something like

New Pasive:

Each Hit Warwick lands will gives the target a bloody wounds debuff that deals 0.4+.006 AD life/second (scales with level). Stacks up to five times

Q: Warwick slashes in a small frontal arc, hitting each enemy. Heals 10%+(.2ad/stack of bloody wounds on each target)
W: Warwick becomes enraged at the scent of blood and rent flesh. On activation, he increases his attack speed by 2/4/6/8/10% per target with bloody wounds in a 600 teemo area
E: Red makes it go faster! Warwick dashes to his target in a line that passes terrain. While Dashing he's immune to cc if that target has a stack of bloody wounds. He deals .2/.4/.6/.8/1 AD to each target he dashes through per stack of bloody wounds on that target.

R: Warwick pounces on his target, rending its flesh and dealing damage. He and the target are suppressed for .3/.5/.7 seconds per stack of bloody wounds on the target.

because riot loves their stacking debuff passives and dashing.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

el dingo posted:

I need to up my support game a bit as I'm very confident with tanks but crap with poke/AP supports. I own Morgana and I'm ok ish with her but die way too often.

Who's a good ranged supp to learn the ropes? Don't say sona, she's boring as gently caress and I can't handle having no peel
This is the list of Supps I see regularly: Zyra and VK are the best poke learners because they have enough CC to not get yourself killed. Brand is great if you're good with Brand, but practice him in mid lane rather than as support - he's kind of lovely if you can't reliably land your stun. Janna is great for learning the poke game, but her poke is different - shield yourself and auto so your trade is your mana for their life.

I include the not viable because botlane FOTM stuff gets weird, and some people insist on playing their favorite support from season 2/3 even though game changes have basically made them lovely. Also most supports didn't pick support, so they don't know what they're doing. If you're Bronze/Silver expect people to play a lot of bully lanes or simple people with strong abilities - BC, Thresh, Sona are probably the three most popular supports for random schmucks thrown into the role.

Viable:
Zyra (don't push to far, no escapes, easy to shove lane, one really good CC)
Vel'Koz (slow, easy to shove lane if you like to W, tons of CC)
Brand (Burn poo poo - passive is good damage for bullying, stun takes practice to land reliably, LOTS of damage with few/no items, no escape, can't multi-target CC at all so ganks are a real issue. Don't pick into Leona ever.)

Less Damage, more Support:
Janna (Shield yourself when it's poke time, tons of disengage, Shits on Sona)
Nami (Q is hard as balls to get land, but once you get good it's good CC. R is amazing, W pokes like a boss and heals if you get the ranges right. Takes a ton of practice to get down but is really solid)
Soraka - Land Q's, win lane, boring as hell, beaten by Morellonomicon.

Niche:
Lux (don't. People do, but don't. Strong early game, susceptible to ganks, shoves lane, needs items to keep up her damage)
Veigar (More Niche, good but akward CC, high damage, can scale AP without items thanks to passive. Has to constantly poke, which puts him harms way)
Malz: (Don't, he's really only good when people try to play some abusive bot lane bully lane nonsense like 2 adc's or Teemo. Too many mana problems to really work as a support, primary CC is just a silence and not reliable, and the dot damage reduction killed his ability to easily bully the lane by himself while the adc passively farms)

Not Viable but I keep seeing them anyway:
Ziggs (Have only seen him recently, I think people don't understand the Ziggs bot meta is as an adc replacement. CC sucks, damage is good early but needs kills to keep it up, easily shoves lane.)
Teemo (Not since seaone 3. Seriously, don't. Can kind work in Bronze when people don't know how to turret sit, otherwise you just get starved out.)

Tanks who can Poke and are at least semi-viable:
Sion (Also a tank, lots of CC but Q is unreliable and requires a charge-up, armor shred, E is really good poke)
Malphite: (Tons of fun, poke with Q, mana problems so you can't do it regularly. Good in the right comps, great CC, passive is perfect for Support, did I mention Mana problems?)

Situational tanks:
Maokai: (Poke is also your CC, good engage if your ADC really benefits from you taking early focus - works with like Graves and not many others, Mana problems)

Not Viable:
Cho'Gath (used to be good, mana changes keep him from supporting anymore. Don't, unless you like not being able to do things because your blue bar is empty)

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

should I mass buy the cheap champs to increase the chances of someone playing them and getting an s? because it's impossible to get an s with sona.

They don't have to play your champ. If you're in a party with someone who gets an S- or higher, you get a chest. If you have already gotten a chest from a game you played your current champion on, you don't get one.

So, if I team up with a Shaco and he gets an S while I'm playing Sona, I get a chest. But I then can't earn any more chests as Sona. It's weird that way.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Super Librarian posted:

Galio's ult is the only ability of his that's really memorable and distinct, it's definitely staying. It's a core part of his ~identity~

Yeah, as mentioned by another, his shield and his ult should stay. His Bomb that slows people and Line that speeds other people up are both fairly forgettable and don't really help in the modern mobility meta. I'm just curious to see what "every three hit" mechanic they'll figure out for Galio.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

d0grent posted:

Currently loving MF just because she's the only adc I feel like I can actually do things on in the early game. Every other adc feels like a toddler up against MMA fighters.

Varus is really good right now, too. I played with one as VK and me landing an E at level 2+ always resulted in a kill.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Lord_Magmar posted:

Playing against poppy in Urf is hell on earth.

almost any cc tank is obnoxious as gently caress and hits some level of perma CC. Alistair, Leona, Warwick, Ivern.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Tonetta posted:

Are they really banning over character picks now? loving lol, this game went to the shitter

not really, they're banning because the support isn't supporting in lane. He immediately goes to the enemy jungle and counterjungles, which is effective if the enemy laners stay in lane and don't just come kill him. This REALLY sucks for the adc, because he now has to solo his lane, which is both boring and difficult if the enemy botlane can turret dive (and some supps can enable this surprisingly early). So mostly he was banned for making his adc's miserable on a regular basis, but now the ban has been lifted because there aren't rules that say being support means you have to actually support, and there will be some kind of meta-discussion at RITO that probably leads to absolutely nothing of value.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

FutureCop posted:

Bit of a support question:

I've been going through the pool of support champions and I hear a lot of bashing of certain choices, namely Lux/Morgana. I was curious as to what the reason was, specifically if it was a champion issue or a player issue.

Is it a champion issue, as in they don't have enough CC or utility to be reliable? Both of them have roots and shields, but maybe that isn't enough, or maybe it is but they aren't strong scaling/on a short enough cooldown/easy to hit with, perhaps?

Or is it a player issue, as in they are good support picks, but the people who pick them don't play them right: like it's something that a person who gets begrudgingly autofilled into support chooses as their champ, but they don't buy gold income/utility/ward items and instead buy AP items like they're playing mid and don't help beyond damage.

Or maybe it's a little bit of both?

Morg is actually good, don't listen to these people, she's just really finicky to play. You have to learn to land q, and when you want to use her pool. Black Shield is amazing but requires timing and only eats magic damage, so she's out of favor because shield supports and heal supports do the same job she does (reduce damage, apply moderate levels of damage, peel) better. What morg has over Nami or Janna is an easier to hit cc and some more reliable lane damage, but that comes at the cost being able to heal/shield against all damage, increase the ADC's damage, and provide a speed buff. She'll be out of favor as long as shields and heals are good (basically until they either do something about Black Shield only absorbing Magic Damage or decide to make all the %increase to shields and heal non-stackable).

She's also harder to play than most other supports, and an aggressive Morg can be an easy target for the popular kill lanes right now, and Binding has a decent sized CD so you can't just throw them willy-nilly (you should, but only if your opponent isn't in a position to take advantage of a missed binding).

Lux is pretty trash in comparison, though. There are better supports for damage (VK, Zyra, Brand), Better supports for CC (Morg, VK, Zyra, Braum, Lulu) and better supports for shielding/healing (Nami, Janna, Soraka, Lulu) so the only reason to play Lux is because you think you can just explode over late game and be an APC. There are too many good support items right now to have support run themselves as pure APC in most cases, and by right now I mean since they released sight stone.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

best skins in order: butterfly kog'maw, chinese new year kog'maw, dog'maw

Vandal line (not Jax), pugmaw, Definitely not Vel'Koz, Gentleman Cho.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Mystery Prize posted:

When are they going to dumpster Ivern? I'm getting real tired of my team not banning him and losing games to him singlehandedly lategame due to the utterly ridiculous healing and shields he puts out.

gently caress shield comps in general.

I don't think Ivern needs a nerf so much as shields needing something to counter them. I think shields are in a good place, but there are enough of them and enough shield boosting items that they need something designed to make them less useful, either an active that pops shields on a pulse or a passive that increases damage against shields.

they could also just make the shield bonus % into a true unique, I don't think they really intend for supports/ivern to snag multiples of redemption/athene's/ardent crucible/mikaels but...

I mean, most shield supports benefit from at least redemption and 1 of the others, and the hard ap/shield supports can take athene's and crucible.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

can riot please just make a stupid rear end aatrox skin where he has a wooden sword or something and his wings are glued on so that i do not have to play as a character referred to as "the darkin blade"

Seahunter Aatrox has him as a hammerhead sharkman. It's way better than the dorken blade

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

henkman posted:

Morgana support also sucks

Black shield is the poo poo in the CC meta, and the health% on pool makes her useful when you face multiple tanks. She's outpaced by the men of a million shields (like just about everyone else right now) but she's viable and has enemy team comps she shuts down, and she's really good against Thresh who's super popular again.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

that was actually written by f scott fitzgerald, andy kaufman was a professional wrestler who was the undisputed womens champion

inter-continental inter-gender champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

foutre posted:

Or had better boots and just walked faster, nerf swifties.

That isn't what people mean when they talk about mobility creep in this context. Urgot isn't going to be bad because an Asol can gain momentum and eventually speed away, he'd be bad if enemies can easily dash away during combat and endlessly disengage or kite. In combat dashes and mobility are what are relevant, and honestly, in Urgot's case, mostly just ones that can be used as an escape. It's true that there are a lot of other movement abilities in general, but that's really not relevant to Urgot's viability as a champ.

E: also, conditional or unique movement abilities are good imo, and shouldn't be conflated with "add a dash and mix" champ design.

For Urgot chat in general - his ult is unstoppable other than with his death once it's hit and the target is below health threshold. I'd imagine if he hit it at the exact moment of recall going off he'll pull the target in from their nexus.

Urgots design - Crabgot is all wrong. It's supposed ot be B Movie style, and instead he's like Kaiju now, and I'm going to email Riot asking for a refund or for them to exchange it for butcher. Other than that it's his visual redesign isn't bad. They've completely changed his lore (he's now an anti-noxian noxian, it's not strength but pain tolerance that defines us! he's the Masochism to their Sadism now), his kit isn't bad either. The Shotgun knees are less gimmicky than you'd think, even against mobility (I'll talk that in a second). While it requires lots of movement, he's completely redesigned as a top laner, and his shotgun knees give him good waveclear as well, and will allow him to harass melee as they come in by moving himself and targeting minions correctly. Lategame he'll need to build bruiser and mix it up, but the cone will let him damage everyone on the enemy team, while his dash gives him both CC, a little mobility, and the ability get multiple knees off. It's weird that he's a ranged bruiser, but I think that was entirely the identity they wanted to keep for him (instead of the anti-armor adc).

Against mobility he has a slight advantage - shotgun knees trigger off basics, so people like Ahri that use mobility to dodge around abilities will find themselves dodging into new knees or having to dodge away and missing part of their kit attacks. His ult will force the 9 ways of getting away people to get away before they hit the point where he can guarantee kill them, because the only way to stop the grinder is with Urgots death once he's started to reel them in (at least, according to the video). I think he'll be viable so long as numbers aren't complete poo poo, but they have a tendency to just dumpster bruisers for long periods of time if they ever become omnipresent or oppressive.

• Locked thread