Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I have a question about Amaterasu's 2. If you charge up the mirror by hitting/getting hit, does it deal full damage potential damage if you shoot it off early, or do you have to charge up the meter then let the ability shoot off automatically?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Solo laning against Hel with Amaterasu is murder. Got wrecked hard that last match.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Great, dumb client crashed at the god selection screen and now I'm a deserter for 30 minutes. Garbage client.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Welp, time to spend a few hours on the god builder and replace all the items. A lot of what I use on my Warriors doesn't even give them health anymore!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ugh, all these items. It's like Amaterasu just came out. I don't even know where to begin since a few of my staple items are now not ideal. Would the Gauntlet of Thebes even be that good on her?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Please change the thread title to

Smite: Season 3 - GAME IS DOWN

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I gave Sol a shot and I was completely terrible. But that's just me never having played her before. That said, I never want to play that god again. Her voice is the most annoying loving thing I have ever heard in my entire life. I had to mute voices because she was irritating me to the point that it was effecting my already poor playing.

Why did they give the goddamn SUN the most annoying voice imaginable?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How big of a difference does that 30 protection make with the Stone-Cutter Sword? Why would you choose it over, say, an Executioners? Or choose any of the katana line weapons over the light blade items?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

I tried stone cutter on her and built her damage. She ripped through everything and a slightly higher mobility with an all damage build. Had like 249 basic attack damage ontop of Rage crits. It seems kinda flavor though, like I could do without it but I figure I might as well mess with some new items and see if Amaterasu needs them or not.

Yeah, Stonecutter seems to be a fantastic item for Amaterasu. I replaced Executioner with it after I asked my protection question earlier and it works wonderfully.

So far, it seems like you still need beads. The mitigation doesn't really do much of anything. Even if you reduce CC by half you're still pretty much dead if you get hit by it. They should probably just give everyone beads as a third relic slot that slowly get better as you progress in the match. Whatever they attempted with Season 3 on that front looks like it didn't do its job.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 3, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ugh, now that the Shield of the Underworld is gone, what in the flying heckfire do you do against Bakasura or Ao Kuang or any other god who stacks attack speed through the roof?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Sanctuary maybe, Sprint maybe, Hide of the Nemean Lion maybe, stun them and kill them maybe. Depends on the situation. Sometimes you just can't get away. Keep positioning in mind, try not to get caught out.

Stun and kill them works, sometimes. In team fights they tend to get away, eat a minion then melt the rest of the team however.

I've yet to see a attack speed Bakasura do anything less than double digit kills, single digit deaths and single-handedly carry a team. Like I said, Nemean Lion stacked with Underworld put an end to that poo poo but Hi-Rez in their infinite wisdom removed that item.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I love Anubis but I sure wish his 1 didn't root him. It'd be overpowered if he could run and do that so I wouldn't be opposed if they gave him a new 1. I'd sacrifice the one-on-one kill potential of it for something more useful in a team fight (that didn't make me a prime, stationary target).

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Should tell that to Raijin when his Ult kills half the team then its second effects stuns enough of everyone else for the rest of his team to kill them. And if that doesn't work, he'll just nuke them down with his instant mezz/damage combo. And if that doesn't do it he'll just burst you with his 2.

No one usually survives past step 1, though. He's too powerful. That's no exaggeration either, that's literally all my team's Raijin did in the last two matches I was in. He's a loving beast.

Edit: I hate that silence stops relics from being used. Nox is such an annoying, bullshit god.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 17, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

With that change to Doom Orb, is there a reason not to get it on every mage you play? Even if you lose those stacks, it's still a formidable items and you can get a bunch of them back by killing a wave of minions.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Amaterasu was challenging Queen Bellona for the throne, so they gotta take her down a notch.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Beads make her ultimate useless. Hit them before the 3rd hit and laugh as you avoid being stunned.

I play with randoms too, so it's not like they make use of me stunning a few people anyway.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I usually initialize with my 4 towards the end game but early and mid I use it to finish off low-health enemies sitting under towers. Then I can use my 3 and 1 to get away and heal the damage I took.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

70 second cooldown with 40% CDR.... Ult every 42 seconds. (Don't act like you don't build CDR)

Purification 160 second cooldown...

You can ult 3 extra times as Amaterasu before beads are back up...

Who is the victim here?

Makes it useless for that one time because the CC is all that ultimate is good for, except maybe picking off low-health enemies. Aside from that, almost anyone can pop their ultimate and completely ignore the CC too and since the people you hope to stun can burst you down they do just that. If you don't stun anyone with that ultimate you are completely vulnerable. 3 stops if it hits enemy gods so they can body block you in. If you do it outright in the front then everyone uses their escape to dodge it all completely. It's a good ultimate but not some end-all-be-all thing and it's easily dodged since Hi-Rez loves giving everyone an escape that puts 25 yards between you and the enemy.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

coca bojangles posted:

Poor Amaterasu!

Nerf Beads please.

Nah, just giving examples of how to make her ultimate not be very effective and why it's a perfectly fine without any changes.

Bellona's definitely more potent because you can still stun people long enough to get that damage bonus on your hammer to melt the ADC or mage almost instantly, then shut down another with her 3 while healing yourself up. It's why she's the Queen and why they're taking Amaterasu down a peg with the damage to her 2.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The stun is, but the rest of the utility and damage you get to it is pretty good.

You both should just play better - Amaterasu isn't that big of a deal and can be shut down quite easy. No amount of CC will save you from terrible play, unfortunately.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm just giving them grief because their posts have been sassing me. People play at the level they can but if they honestly think I want beads to be nerfed from my posts, then they should probably stop playing SMITE and take lessons on reading comprehension.

The thing with Amaterasu's ult is that it's very slow to get to the part in which people hate - the stun. You build her tank for this reason but, as I pointed out, any quick god, a god that has an ultimate or ability that cancels CC, or has beads, then you neuter that ultimate drastically. It'd be one thing if it came out in rapid succession, but it doesn't and she swings in very wide, slow arcs that have a wind-up. Also keep in mind all this started because I was annoyed that Hi-Rez is nerfing her 2 for some reason and goofing that she was approaching Queen Bellona in her potency and they can't be having any thing.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Farecoal posted:

To be totally fair if you can't land your combo as Nox it's pretty hard to do damage :v:

My friend is actually better at Smite than I am, he just takes the game way too seriously

One play Nox, one play Athena. Laugh your way to the top of the kill/assist list.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, imagine a MOBA came out where you could only craft one item for each slot and that item changed how the character looked. Everyone would hate it at the same time of loving it and new gods/champions/whatever would come out like once every 6 months because of all the art assets.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm curious, how does beyond broken Gods like Skadi even get released in that state? Do they just release them like that then tune them according to community feedback and data?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kaldr murders my poor Anubis. Everything I have hits multiple times and you tell me it only hits once? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

That explains a lot of things, actually.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The biggest trouble I have with Amaterasu is deciding if I should go Breastplate or Jotunn's. Both are pretty great.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How long do I have to suffer Susano melting me with his overpowered skills and insane damage scaling?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

When you are down 5 to 25 before the 10 minute mark don't hit "No" when the surrender prompt comes up. Don't be that jerk who wastes everyone's time. However good you may be if the teamwork isn't there, you aren't going to turn things around. Double so if you hit "No' on the second prompt to surrender and those numbers only doubled since then.

On an unrelated subject: When solo laning as Amaterasu, which starter item do you folks typically get? Or do you skip the starter item and start towards one of your core items? I've mainly played Clash because Clash is like Conquest but good and fun and doesn't last forever. But since a friend started playing again we've been playing Conquest and my solo lane game is worse than it used to be (which was bad to begin with).

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 15, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the item store glitching out for anyone else? I go to buy my relics and it's a weird interface that only shows the relic slot icon. Consumables are messed up too.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Also what determines the matchmaking? For every 3 Clash I lose I win 1 and every single one of those is a one-sided stomp.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I know it's hard to recover in Clash just due to the mode but I'm mainly just talking about going from 0 to 100 or 100 to 0 from the get-go. Just getting completely outplayed or being saddled by people who thinking going solo into a group of the enemy would end well for them. They're not playing Susano either, so they don't have multiple means of escape.

Arena is probably the mode I like the most since more often than not I get into games where it's really close and that's always fun. I didn't think I would like Arena.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Any tips on landing Ra's ultimate? I've forgotten how narrow the hitbox is.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

DO NOT PURSUE!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I like her old tattoos more. It's really hard to fault the heavy metal designs they go with for goddesses who are often depicted as not wearing anything at all. I never understood the love of asymmetrical armor, though. What purpose does her only having one greave on anyway?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm kind of behind Anubis turning into a balrog, to be honest. He better exude fire and smoke. But I'm biased because I play him a lot. Sol will probably win because she loses articles of clothing each level up.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

puberty worked me over posted:

If only there were anything worth buying.

That new Hail to the King Tyr skin is pretty great. Every game could use more Evil Dead stuff in it, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How much longer will this Odyssey thing last for? I've not played for a while and I barely did any of the quest things and only bought the Ash Tyr skin.

• Locked thread