Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Horse Named Mandy
Feb 9, 2007
Already planning the Yosemite North Rim and Grand Canyon of Tuolumne. Hoping to get either the Wonderland Trail around Mt Ranier or the High Sierra Trail, plus Broken Top and Havasu Falls if I can fit them in.

Levitate posted:

For content, I'm planning on doing a week of the Sierra High Route in August, already have permits for the Ritter Range area in July, need to get around to get a permit for Yosemite in June, and am also aiming for a September 4 day trip to Gardiner Basin.

Beyond that, I'll probably do some more stuff in SEKI, maybe a 2 day trip over the Great Western Divide and back, maybe something up to the Devil's Punchbowl/Red Mountain Basin area. Trips after August/September might have some factors influencing whether they happen.

If I had more time off I could probably go to the Grand Canyon in April but I don't think I'll be able to take off another week. I need to find some coastal areas to check out like Big Basin Redwoods state park, etc, for the spring. Maybe Pt. Reyes if I get off my rear end.

Big Basin has the Skyline-to-Sea trail, though fair warning, even the strenuous trails get pretty crowded on the weekends (I guess that's a given in the bay area). Also, how are you finding these areas in SEKI? I grew up an hour from the sequoias and never heard of any of these.

A Horse Named Mandy fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread