Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Visit the Walcott Quarry.
Get back to Robson and make it to Snowbird Pass.
Do the Carthew - Alderson double summit challenge in Waterton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Everyone should go to Robson but just remember you have to book the sites you want a few months in advance, can't deviate your plan once you're out there, and have to watch a dumb video about safety because a lot of people make it their first overnight trip and gently caress up basic self care skills thus becoming a liability. So the park literally gives you a crash course in things like drinking water and storing food.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

meselfs posted:

I'd heard about reservations (not how to outside video though); is just walking off into the forest/glacier and picking a virgin spot yourself not allowed (not clear from the website)? I really hate to schedule these things, weather y'know.

Some places are like that. Reminds me of the flat 30$ fee you pay to go up Mt Shasta... entirely to fund the frequent rescues.

Not in a national or provincial park, you are subject to heavy fines. There are other places you can do that here but all the really nice places are fully protected.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I should clarify that the Canadian Rockies parks system is a UNESCO world heritage site and that's the biggest reason there's no random camping. Especially the national parks like Jasper and Banff. Random camping is allowed in wildland provincial parks (which are different from provincial parks so be careful with names), provincial recreation areas, and crownland.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

At least we don't have lotteries that's infinitely worse

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

b0ner of doom posted:

In BC theres lots of provincial parks up north where wilderness camping is allowed if u want to get away from the really touristey areas down south.

This is true, the north is so scarcely visited there's no need to limit use. The famous areas are where it's needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I have my permits for Berg Lake Trail!

• Locked thread