Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

I hosed my knee up real bad last summer and couldn't walk for a month or two and as a result got crazy fat and weak, and wasn't too stoked about that. So my new job is about three and a half miles from my home, and I decided to just walk it home after work every day. It took a minute to get into enjoying, but now it's my favorite part of the day! I grab a quick boilermaker and then get horrendously baked and get a good podcast going, and I'm suddenly losing weight in a fun and easy way. Already fitting into my old shirts after just a couple months of very light exercise, and my destroyed knee is showing big signs of improvement.

It's not exactly like a huge hiking goal, but my hope is to keep doing that and supplement it with longer walks as I get my strength back. I really enjoyed hiking the few times I've done it and I'd like to work back up to it with a new appreciation. Good luck everybody! If you just go do the thing you end up having done the thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread