Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
This will be my first full year in Seattle so I'm really excited by the outdoor possibilities this year. Its going to be a busy summer.

For sure happening

- Enchantments - I got permits so thats going to be awesome
- Dude trip 4 (an annual hiking trip with my friends that I'm setting up out here)
- Get my dog on his first backpacking trip
- Get my dog out for his first season of bird hunting (hes an 8 month old Vizsla)
- Get outside with my 7 year old nephew. He's really into nature and minerals etc right now so for christmas I bought him a headlamp, a compass, a sleeping bag and a gold pan. Little guy was so excited.

Would love to make these happen also

- Olympic NP - I've visited but never hiked. I would like to spend a weekend or more out there if possible.
- Mt Rainier NP - I've only ever day hiked so I would like to do something a little longer
- North Cascades/Pasayten - would love to visit again (backpacked pasayten 2 years ago)
- Whitewater rafting. I went once in Oregon and would like to do it again if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

meselfs posted:

YOU BASTARD

(goes back to searching maps for a good campsite just outside the boundary)

Nah, seriously, enjoy. I wish pristine weather on your predetermined date. Well done :)

The only reasons I feel I was awarded permits was that I picked the week after 4th of July, we enter on a Thursday, and I picked Stuart lake for my last option which is sort of limited in what it has to offer. There's not much to explore in the Stuart zone for 4 days without technical climbing skills. Since you have to sleep in the zone which your permit is for, we have to make day trips to everywhere we want to go. So we have to climb and descend asgard pass to go explore the upper enchantments every day. It's going to be a brutal trip but I'm excited for it regardless.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005

joke_explainer posted:

That was fun. It was also 2500 feet of elevation out from the campsite in a largely overgrown trail covered in massive fallen trees and oh god I am not in as good as shape as probably most of the people here. My ankles, knees, and hips feel terrible and muscles are sore as I can remember.

That's a sign of a good trip.

I've been hiking and backpacking and always stay active but have recently developed an IT band issue. Debilitating knee pain after only a few miles really sucks especially with two trips coming up next month. I've been doing strength exercises to get rid of the issue. Apparently I have a weak butt.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
I leave Thursday for 4 days in the enchantments.

I leave next Friday for 4 days in the north cascades.

I just got a shipment of my favorite jerky and a new msr cook set.

This will be a busy few weeks. Holy poo poo in both excited and trying to mentally prepare for the pain.

Verman fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 12, 2016

• Locked thread