Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Ever have a question that might not warrant a thread but still needs answering? Want to share a picture of what you just cooked? Are you drunk and lonely like ~90% of us and just want somewhere to hang out?

Come join the official Goons With Spoons IRC channel!

Conveniently located at:

server: irc.synirc.net
channel: #GWS

If you're new to IRC (despite it being like 30 friggin' years old), start off by downloading a client such as mIRC or HexChat, typing in:

/nick (your name)
/server irc.synirc.net
/join #GWS

And voila, you're connected! There is also a web client at http://cgiirc.synirc.net/ but it's kind of finicky and often times other channels auto-ban it on sight due to spam and idiots.

IRC is a lot more lax than the forums, so you can swear and post stupid pictures and poo poo and it's all good, just make sure to warn if something is not work safe by saying NWS or NSFW. The golden rule is "don't be an idiot dick" and as long as you follow it you're golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i think actually the official channel is #foodchat but its more of sadbrains talking about having depression and diabetes and poo poo than actually cooking

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Nooner posted:

i think actually the official channel is #foodchat but its more of sadbrains talking about having depression and diabetes and poo poo than actually cooking

The chan owner of #foodchat along with some other sadbrains got sadbrainier and switched platforms to some stupid chat program that isn't IRC and moved somewhere else. #foodchat is basically dead.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Jesus Christ posted:

The chan owner of #foodchat along with some other sadbrains got sadbrainier and switched platforms to some stupid chat program that isn't IRC and moved somewhere else. #foodchat is basically dead.

Lolol.

We moved to slack, if anyone who isn't him wants to join pm me your email.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Slack is weird and has a lovely interface, IRC was the first internet thing I ever did and I am sad to see it go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

Slack is weird and has a lovely interface, IRC was the first internet thing I ever did and I am sad to see it go.

You can run slack through irc

• Locked thread