Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I understand genesplicer has refused to be part of this Town Hall meeting and will be attending a competing event for veterans of posting wars. Mordin will be giving a speech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

Why do you suppose it makes some people so angry when a person says the "cück" meme? I mean, the people who don't like it seem to be really, really obsessed with it.

Do you think it's because they identify with the target of ridicule, having invested so much of their self-esteem into the idea of being a "prominent member" of an "elite community," only to face the reality that they're actually just jerking off in a closet while other people take life for a ride? I just don't understand how you could be so worked up over another person saying a thing, unless you've got a personal stake in it. :shrug:

"cück" initially had less humor than Chuck Norris jokes and you drooling chucklefucks think repetition = comedy when it just means you are a retard who cannot generate original thoughts.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

dreezy posted:

I guess i'll say it before anyone else does.... Cuck Norris jokes.

there, it's done. hope everyon'es happy.

Not bad.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

genesplicer posted:

Long, long ago, in 1976, I was part of my high school's crack computer team. Our school didn't actually have a computer. We had a teletype machine and a 300 baud modem. With this, we connected to the MIT mainframe and assisted seniors in finding colleges that had the progams they were interested in taking. During downtime, I figured out something. We used numerical codes to navigate, so I decided to see what other codes would do. After finding very little of interest, I managed to stumble upon the complete list of codes.

With this I was able to enter into parts of the server I was not authorized to enter. I managed to figure out a few passwords (not nearly as secure as they are today) and accessed even more. About this time, we had to do a report on some topic in biology. I decided to wow my teacher, and do my report on genetic engineering. This was a new technology (the first experiments had been done in 1973), and MIT was at the forefront. Since I had access to their primitive email system, I sent a few messages to the grad students asking questions. Eventually they figured out I was not an MIT student and questioned me. I explained what I had done, and the students approached a professor. They gave me limited access to their mainframe, in exchange for me not trying to crack the system any further. Quite a coup for a freshman high school kid.

The professor set up my account, with the tounge-in-cheek name "Genesplicer" (actually, it was "gensplcr", because login names were all 8 characters)

So, in December of this year, I will haved used the name "genesplicer" on various websites, etc, on the ARPANET, BBSs and the Internet, for 40 years.

loving owns. You were nearly a phreaker.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gently caress off.

Issac, what is a calf pellet?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Isaac posted:

Food to make baby cows grow big and fat

Um. What's in it? So it's Pecky Becky compatible? :ohdear:

Issac pick an animal to be the GBS mascot please. :allears:

I vote goat.

Honestly the mordin920 probation festival isn't amusing.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Feb 5, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Isaac posted:

How do i turn a normal goat into a gbs mascot goat. I will do it.

Hmm.

Do you have a Burger King down there? Specifically one that gives out paper Burger King crowns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Depends which infinity. Some infinities are greater than others.

• Locked thread