Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Complication rate is not super horrifying, but we don't especially want it to become endemic.

I will defer to the CDC and their relatives on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Yardbomb posted:

So it's unanimous, we cleanse the world of mosquitoes, gently caress em.

I'm on board with this proposition.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Boogaleeboo posted:

Do you think their tiny brains are developed enough to feel fear if we slowly tortured them all to death?

And if not, how difficult would it be to fix that? :getin:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mozi posted:

It's scary because it's new and looks like it can cause birth defects, but there are many other pre-existing mosquito-borne illnesses that have a much larger impact (dengue, malaria, etc etc.) Getting rid of mosquitos entirely would be a pretty good goal IMO, especially as species that thrive in cities begin to become more widespread.

I do not care about the ecosystem impact, destroy all mosquitoes everywhere forever.

Invest in bird feeders if you must. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

-Troika- posted:

IMO, countries that have difficulty with the concept of modern plumbing should not be allowed to post the olympics.

I would totally attend Olympics in Sri Lanka.

Oh, sure, Modi claims he will toiletize mainland India, but come on.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Isn't India already toiletized?

I was being a little tongue in cheek but it's an ongoing project in lots of rural areas and some of the poorer parts of some cities.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Short of a very large war kicking off in South America, the Olympics are not getting canceled.

Paraguay, you're our only hope.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fanatic posted:

Torchbearer's entourage run over by motorbike, random guy proceeds to take selfies in front of ensuing chaos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ6zGYA9iSI

:laffo:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

It reminds me, early in the XX century an austrian thinker living in RJ wrote a book called "Brazil: The country of the future" , and this phrase was kinda of adopted like a national slogan

To this day some people here still expects it to become true, but for most is just an old inside joke

EDIT: a group of transexuals tried to mug an australian reporter in Rio http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/07/26/channel-nine-reporter-christine-ahern-mugged-in-rio/

They never said it wasn't a dystopian future. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Grapplejack posted:

Brazil is extremely lucky that guard didn't fire.

The guard was probably aware that even if the drunken gentleman was some nobody schlub it would still be catastrophic for Brazil's image in general and his continued gainful employment in particular.

Although I guess he could have taken his go-getter attitude to employers that need trigger-happy hired guns.

• Locked thread