Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

WickedHate posted:

Squizzle is right. People hate on you constantly and I don't get it, man. You're cool, I like you too.

He's the lesser of two evils. I'm sure he appreciates you taking the heat off him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lightning Lord posted:

Marvel Puzzle Quest is probably better, but I stopped playing Facebook games because of the "pester your friends!" aspect, no matter how light or unnecessary it is in Marvel Heroes.

I think you're thinking of Avengers Alliance.

Marvel Heroes is fun if you're into Diablo style games. Get a feel for it with one of the free characters, and don't feel bad if you drop some money on a character or two that you like. It can become a huge money sink if you feel the need to buy a bunch of characters and costumes, so moderation is key. They got me for around $20 for Hawkeye's Ronin costume, Thor, and Thor's classic outfit.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I got free bacon and cheese sausages(???) with my groceries this week and they're pretty drat good but i feel like enjoying these is going to make me turn into the kind of person that idolizes epic meal time and the meatship.

Spinach and feta sausages are where it's at. Only downside is hearing people make jokes about your green sausage. Every time.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

O

Ror posted:

I still have Secret Wars 8 and 9 to read and then just about every single new title Marvel has released.

Holy poo poo.

I'm your future self. You're going to read some good books. Make yours Marvel.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 11, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure he's said as much. There was a big trivia contest at the Chicago Comicon like 10 years ago and they kept asking questions about Image books and Waid didn't know any of them and he was getting madder and madder about it. When he didn't win he got kind of huffy that he'd have to read lesser comic books.

Wizard had a "Comic Book IQ Test" in the 90's, and Mark Waid was the only creator they tested that got a perfect score. Knowing what each letter of SHAZAM meant put him over the top.

As much as he loves old school books he's not afraid to hammer out hyper time with Morrison, or write All New All Different Avengers. When he left DC you know there was a problem, because there's no reason why you wouldn't have him writing a book for you.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

TwoPair posted:

This sounds kinda like when he said that he stood up and yelled during Man of Steel. Y'know, one of those stories you just roll your eyes and go "yeah sure Mark you're totally done with DC now" :rolleyes:.

I think that's a pretty good example of why he's done with DC. That, and DC editorial barely holding their comic line together.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

redbackground posted:

It's honestly worth whatever you can get some poor schmuck to pay for it on ebay.

Selling prices will be inflated across the board now because of the movie, but next year you'll be finding it for pocket change just like before.

One thing I've always appreciated about BSS is that we don't talk about how much money a book is worth. A few of us have mentioned getting New Mutants #98 or Amazing Spider-Man #129 for a steal, and I guess we could have some fun talking about the crown jewels of our respective collections, but we rarely discuss value.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Defenders only lasting twelve issues is loving criminal. It had poo poo sales for a book with such a good creative team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Who reads Squirrel Girl besides like five nerds..."Entertainment Weekly's best super hero comic of the year!" See!? Nobody likes Squirrel Girl!

• Locked thread