Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rotten Cookies posted:

Thanks to Slung Blade linking this in his other thread. This looks hella fun. Avidly following. Sounds awesome.

Same with me. Doing some kind of awesome cheap car rally sounds like a dream project to me, someday maybe I'll have the gumption and wherewithal to make such a thing happen in California. Meanwhile I'm gonna live vicariously through you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Exhaust headers will put a lovely char on a sausage...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In my admittedly limited experience, three or four people being crap can ruin a community, while three or four people being awesome can make an entire community shine. Most of the community is just bystanders and such that you don't interact with much, or which talk a bit but don't do anything.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Man, that is a real bummer to read, but on the other hand, everyone came out injury-free and given what happened with the car, it could have been so much worse.

Have you guys given any thought to making this rally an annual thing? I realize that might conflict with a certain wedding anniversary, but you could be a little flexible with the schedule. The basic format of it seems pretty attainable, and it'd be cool to get more use out of the money you spent on these cars than just the one weekend+ of rallying. Although I guess once you sell them, you won't have spent all that much money.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shipyard Lake, Alberta is a real place. Which means it wins, on a technicality.

• Locked thread