Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I'm a captain for the Sanders campaign. I plan on posting some updates and pictures when I can during and after caucus night. I'm located in Boone County, if you are interested in watching those results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Concerned Citizen posted:

Results should start coming in earlier than 10.

This year, the IDP partnered with Microsoft to develop a system to report caucus results. Each caucus has an app which reports to the IDP. The IDP will update the results every 15 minutes with the latest results. The presidential preference portion of the caucus begins at 7:30pm. By 8, some of the first results will be coming in. By 9, most of them should be in, minus caucuses with technical difficulties or those with extenuating circumstances.

Sanders camp is very :tinfoil: about the Microsoft App. Captains are using the in house app to check results.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/sanders-campaign-suspicious-corporate-influence-iowa-caucus

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Hey fellow Toreador! I'll be at Franklin elementary for Sanders tonight.

Holy poo poo. Me too! See you there!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Boone Precinct 1 results: 86 attendees. 59 for Bernie. 27 for Hillary. So, 6 delegates for Bernie, 3 for Hillary.

I have some pictures, but they aren't that great. Boone, IA is feeling the Bern!!!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Goons, i just got word from my staffer that ISU in Story as not been counted yet. There are hundreds of students there!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
https://www.reddit.com/r/SandersForPresident/comments/43sq2a/i_was_caucusing_in_ames_district_13_the_organizer/

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
This loving race.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Fix posted:

Oh god young disillusioned Trump voters are going to be the best things ever.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Pictures from inside my caucus location in Boone Ward 1. I was a captain for Bernie.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
Iowa margin between Clinton, Sanders shifts as errors found

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...rrors/79877898/

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
So I was the captain for Bernie, and my chair was a Bernie supporter. This physical tally sheet was just handed to me after we submitted the counts on the app. He told me to put my name on it and sign it. But I actually read what I was looking at, and it was the numbers from the night. It was like an official math work sheet. I asked him, and he said he would fill it out later, but I told him I would just fill in my numbers since I was putting my signature on it.

This sheet was like an after thought to him because of the app for reporting. Just makes me wonder. :(

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I'm not clutching to anything, and I'm not some disillusioned BernieBro. I just moved to Iowa, and this was my first caucus here coming from a state that does regular primary ballots. It was a really interesting experience overall and had a ton of fun prepping and volunteering. I got to meet some awesome people, and ended up with some new neighborhood contacts that I wouldn't have met without the caucus experience. But... I think the IDP should have called it a tie and left it at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

You sent some delegates to support Hillary or Bernie right? You think its not possible to count them?

The system to how the delegates are allocated is super confusing. My precinct only had 86 people, but there were some that had 300-500 people. I can't imagine having to count all of them, and then recounting over and over if there are discrepancies. Hell, at my precinct we had some one that didn't sign in correctly, so our total was off. I ended up counting 59 people over 5 times, and the Hillary captain counted 27 but refused to recount her people and said I was wasting time and keep counting wrong. Then, the chair made and announcement and someone came up and said they didn't know they needed to sign in. Ughhhh.

So to do a "recount" you would basically need to contact everyone and ask who they supported. There is no written record except for what the chairs report. And that would be insane.

Pragmatica has issued a correction as of 04:14 on Feb 6, 2016

• Locked thread