Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Is there any reason why they shouldn't just drop a contested delegate, send one less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

But if its a tie, shouldn't that be the net result anyway?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

OK thanks. A way around it might be to double the amount of delegates each place that earns one gets. Thus, there will always be at least 2, and so they can be split. Too many people?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I asked because I didn't know, you an rear end in a top hat or something?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The person earlier said "You only need to do tiebreakers in single delegate precincts." was that incorrect? Because that's what I was basing that idea off of.

The alternative, to cut down on delegates added is instead of doubling, is to start with a base of two, first earned nets two delegates, after that one per.

remusclaw has issued a correction as of 05:16 on Feb 3, 2016

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I suppose dragging in the first person you see crossing the street outside to be a tie breaker would have it's objectors? Too likely to be a known partisan.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Does this problem exist in the primary system? If not, maybe caucuses ought not be the way the presidential nomination is decided, tradition be damned.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I guess the answer here would be to do both? Just decouple the Presidential nomination from the caucus, best of both worlds, no? I mean, obviously less people would show up to a caucus that was just about local leadership, but those are the people who care about that anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

What happened? Or was it just less entertaining? I mean if all you want is drama, obviously a caucus is the way to go.

• Locked thread