Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
Minsky
May 23, 2001

I'm posting here early to say I think Bernie will do okay but not great because I'm gonna be too busy melting down to do it tomorrow night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

this is my meltdown soundtrack if Hillary wins in Iowa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dcfpH8oJoM

Minsky
May 23, 2001

All right lovely day at work done, time to get cheered up by watching Bernie crush some votes!!!

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Bernie please I dont wanna melt down

Minsky
May 23, 2001

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Sanders taking boone County 4th district!! Suck it haters

I heard it's a great district. One of the best.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Iowa isn't a winner-take-all state in terms of total delegates right? I don't understand caucuses.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

oystertoadfish posted:

i think the democratic one is still a traditional caucus where each precinct allocates delegates proportionally, after a redistribution phase with everybody in groups chanting at each other, and then THOSE delegates go do ANOTHER caucus where THEY join up in groups and choose ANOTHER group of delegates, and THOSE delegates actually VOTE at the convention

i think

the republicans have done their best to neuter the caucus system, the second stage is still gonna happen but all the delegates chosen there will basically be handed their choice of nominee in an envelope. each candidate gets a proportional number of delegates: if you got 10% of the vote you get 3 of the 30 delegates. there's some silly rounding rules, of course

Ah I see. 2008 was the last time I cared about this and that was a long time ago, but it's starting to come back to me. Thanks!

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I am watching a college-aged Bernie supporter debate presumably a Hillary supporter and I'm deathly afraid to unmute this stream.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Oh man I gotta go in super early tomorrow I hope this poo poo doesn't go past midnight.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

KEY RACE ALERT: Exactly the results we showed you 30 seconds ago

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I hope this thing ends in a complete tie and the dem primary thread tears itself apart

Minsky
May 23, 2001

At this point I don't even care what the final result is, I just want Bernie to tell me a bedtime story so I can go to sleep.

You know, a fairytale.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Iowhere

Minsky
May 23, 2001

A literal tie is the best because not only does it mean Bernie didn't lose but also the millennials who were too lazy to go vote now have mad egg on their faces.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

lol at that video

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I wouldn't have wanted this night to end any other way

Minsky
May 23, 2001

All right we're about to go live to Wolf for some new numbers

*same numbers*

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Is there really just one county left that's tied 50-50 according to CNN? I hope in the end this comes down to a single precinct and they livestream the final coin flip

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I pray Sanders somehow wins by precisely 1 delegate, so that we can discuss in the dem primary thread whether the front runner Bernie Sanders can be challenged by fringe candidate Clinton.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Dr.Mrs.The Monarch posted:

The candidate has chosen Primary by combat and chosen MOM as his champion

whoever be his opponent, o'malley will make the bad man fly straight out the moon door

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I gotta get up in like 5 hours but I refuse to not see the final score

• Locked thread