Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Joementum posted:

27 delegates are proportionally allocated to Presidential contenders based on the statewide vote. Each candidate receives (candidate's statewide vote) × 27 ÷ (total statewide vote) delegates. Round fractions to the nearest whole number. If there are too few delegates allocated, the candidate nearest the rounding threshold receives the additional delegate. If too many delegates are allocated, the candidate furthest the threshold looses a delegate. Three additional delegates, the three state party leaders, will also attend the national convention as unbound delegates.

I, um...what?

So they give a percentage of the 27 delegates, based on the statewide vote, but the part I don't get is what "nearest the rounding threshold" means. If they come up with 26 delegates after rounding, do they give the person with 1.9% the extra delegate instead of the person with 13.8%?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Concerned Citizen posted:

If Candidate A is awarded 1.9, Candidate B has 1.4, and Candidate C has 1.2, then Candidate B would be awarded an additional delegate.

Candidate A needs .6 to reach the next rounding threshold. Candidate C needs .3. Candidate B only needs .1.

And Candidate B? That candidate.. is named Bernie.

Oh. I guess that makes sense (since Candidate A already got another delegate thanks to rounding).

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Winkie01 posted:

it auto refreshes

It's taking forever to even load the first time. The Dem one loaded right away.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

MS sites appear to be working again? It just went from 5% to 6% for me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Bernie only behind by 1.6%!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Was it really a joke, though? Trump did still manage to pull the second most votes in the history of Iowa GOP caucuses.

So? At the time, John Kerry received the 2nd most votes in the history of the Presidential General Election. It didn't help.

• Locked thread