Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Trump get stumped?
Yes
No
#FeelTheBern
Baby Hitler
View Results

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more young-person-profile gold:

http://mic.com/articles/133959/meet-the-young-people-who-stormed-iowa-to-campaign-for-republicans#.C8UXwlaNs

quote:

On the stump for Trump: On Monday night, Carter Nordman of Adel, Iowa, will stand with his neighbors as a caucus captain for frontrunner Donald Trump.

Nordman has been juggling his work for Trump with homework and basketball games. He's just 17 and a high school junior. Fortunately for Nordman — head of Iowa Students for Trump — and his fascination with politics, Iowa law allows him to caucus since he'll reach the legal voting age of 18 before Election Day in November.

A lanky 6'3" and preppy in dress, Nordman has a Trump sticker on his phone, another on his car and a pragmatic, near straight-from-playbook pitch for the man he first knew as a reality show star.

"He's extremely intelligent. He's gone to the best schools you can go to. He knows the best people. Extremely successful," Nordman told Mic, noting Trump won "landslide" victories in his school's straw poll and mock caucus.

"When you look at the senators, yeah, they have a voting record — but Trump's actually put his smarts and his abilities to the test, and has actually made an extremely good living off of it," he said. Plus, Trump's "not in the big Washington political machine that's gotten nothing done in the last eight years — whether it's Republican or Democrat."
Source: YouTube

Nordman readily admits Adel, a town of about 4,000 people located west of Des Moines, is "pretty Caucasian" — of course, so is Iowa as a whole, which is part of what gives rise to arguments for stripping its first-in-the-nation voting status.

Like Trump himself, Nordman writes off questions about the candidate's vows to round up undocumented immigrants and bar Muslims from entering the U.S. as faux controversy born of political correctness.

"No one's racist against immigrants coming in. We want immigrants to come here. We want smart people to come here. We want people from all over the world to attend our universities, but they have to come here legally," he told Mic. "No one is racist against Muslims. Very nice people. I mean, Trump has many Muslim friends. But until we figure out what is happening and what is causing this and how we can stop it, we have to protect the U.S. citizens first."

dude's on point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a cop posted:

Are they actually going to have cameras INSIDE the caucuses where the people are giving speeches to support their candidates and poo poo?

there will be approximately five thousand hilarious phone videos up on youtube by midnight

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Serperoth posted:

Is there a good online radio station to listen to for coverage? I'm looking for something chill while I play some Euro Truck.

NPR will do at least half of All Things Considered on Iowa, starting at 4 CST. By then you'll be able to switch over to C-SPAN.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:siren: Cruz on Hannity in ten minutes, Trump immediately following

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

Caucus night, 1980.

Who is that sad, sad man just behind HW?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Watch this periscope, you can see straight up how a caucus works:

https://periscope.tv/funkalunatic/1nAKENQgLneGL

holy gently caress the average age in here is like 96

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

remusclaw posted:

I guess the answer here would be to do both? Just decouple the Presidential nomination from the caucus, best of both worlds, no?

Texas held a primary and caucus and it sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

eviltastic posted:

The Texas thing was pretty different from what he's suggesting. They awarded most delegates by a primary, then had a caucus where they awarded some, but you had to vote in the primary in order to caucus.

Are you sure about that? I skipped the primary and participated in the caucus no problem in 2008. I even introduced a change to the platform to guarantee healthcare as a right at my precinct :allears:

• Locked thread