Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I've found a decent multifuncion color laser is a really handy thing. I use a Dell that I got cheap after a deal site pointed me to it. Wifi makes it easy.

We use it a lot... to the point that it's only the second printer that I've kept long enough to replace the media. Knock-off color toner that worked great was surprisingly cheap from Amazon.

I guess printers are just a sore spot for me, since every semester I have to tell students that they are dumb and out of luck because they relied on printers, (or just use the printer as an excuse, which is more often than not, I think).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CommieGIR posted:

Father Jack is dead. Feck off, the lot of you.

I spent the evening watching Father Ted in his honour. I even went to the pub in the afternoon to get nicely sozzled.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ZU6UMDfgY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlOhj4eTpA

Even better is a buzzfeed youtube video of Americans watching the show and just not getting it at all.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Enourmo posted:

man what happened to me

5 years ago i was all gung ho about working on cars forever

2 years ago i was swapping my car's engine without so much as an air compressor

havent done poo poo to it in a year, havent even gotten my oil changed in 8 months (only like 5k miles but still) and all i do is whine in this thread about non car poo poo

have i lost my ai cred forever

god what a lovely month. and theres even a bonus day of it this year. ugh.

Dude, I'm a sadbrains Social Security sponge who's never contributed anything positive to this forum. Don't sweat it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

He's a little bit... too concerned... about me. :wink: It's a little bit pitiful that he tries to call me out in denfense of FF movies. It's okay, Cage, just get in line with Big Dandy and Oz. They, got too concerned about me, as well, but they got over it

Jesus dude I'm joking around, it's the goddamned fast and furious movies. Just poking the bear a little (see how easy it was? :v:) don't take it so seriously.

Cage fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Feb 29, 2016

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Ego ego everywhere

:munch:

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

KozmoNaut posted:

Or be like me and get a barely used fully-optioned prosumer Kyocera laser printer for free from work, since no one was using it.

:hfive:

My old printer died about 5 years ago so I took a trip to our warehouse to see what they had. Ended up getting an HP all in 1 laser printer/fax/scanner for $1.73. I've had to replace the toner cartridge once. I'm now $25 into it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Eating these because easter is about Jesus laying delicious chocolate eggs. The American Kraft merger has yet to ruin the chocolate in these so they're pretty much the only decent thing Cadburys make any more.

The smell when you open a bag is only rivaled by empty Tic Tac containers. :allears:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'ma have to get me some of those.

e. I dropped my girl cat off at the vet this morning for a tooth extraction. One of her fangs is wiggly; vet thinks she broke it under the gumline, so it has to go. Poor thing. We had to take away her food last night, because they'll have to anesthetize her for the procedure.

Boy Cat is sad without his sister. Hopefully everything goes well, and I'll pick her up this afternoon.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
The dark chocolate ones are the best

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

ssjonizuka posted:

The dark chocolate ones are the best

I never knew such a thing existed. Seem to be a US thing but then that explains why they're better than the milk ones because your milk chocolate is loving grim and made with vomit.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

88h88 posted:

Eating these because easter is about Jesus laying delicious chocolate eggs. The American Kraft merger has yet to ruin the chocolate in these so they're pretty much the only decent thing Cadburys make any more.

The smell when you open a bag is only rivaled by empty Tic Tac containers. :allears:

These are the best but just give them to be without the shell please.

PaintVagrant posted:

Took monday off, just because I can. ~middle management powers~
What's up extended weekend for no reason buddy. My time off was nearing 4 weeks so I thought why not.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Took monday off, just because I can. ~middle management powers~

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

1500quidporsche posted:

He was pretty good in the fifth element.

that's Chris Tucker you racist.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cage posted:

I find after a good half dozen the shells have annihilated my tongue so in a way I'm in agreement. But that way I'd probably eat them all because I'm scum so it's best they have the shell.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Cage posted:

What's up extended weekend for no reason buddy. My time off was nearing 4 weeks so I thought why not.

:hfive:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cage posted:

Jesus dude I'm joking around, it's the goddamned fast and furious movies. Just poking the bear a little (see how easy it was? :v:) don't take it so seriously.

Adiabatic posted:

Backpedalling everywhere

:munch:

Agreed.

In other news, does Kratom make you look like you're on meth? I had a student last week that was talking about doing it, meanwhile he was agitated, aggravated, unable to focus and looked like he was ready to blow.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
What part the post "I am like a sjw for the FF movies" did you decide was worth replying to in an earnest way?

Nice avatar.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Holy poo poo you clowns, let it go.

meatpimp posted:

agitated, aggravated, unable to focus and looked like he was ready to blow.

This is me IRL, no drugs involved. Maybe he's just a sociopath?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

...or just bored out of his loving skull.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Bucephalus posted:

I liked you in Rush Hour 2.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Thanks

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Found a local machine shop. Anyone have a ballpark of what a fair labor price is for pressing some poly bushings in a pair of LCA's would be? The arms are new and have stock bushings in em.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Also applies to wardrobe and costume design.

:perfect:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bucephalus posted:

This is me IRL, no drugs involved. Maybe he's just a sociopath?

88h88 posted:

...or just bored out of his loving skull.

It's either a profound mental issue or drugs. He dropped the class, so no further issues, but this guy was derailing the entire class. Weird and took up too much of my time.

Gack. Just found out that Google is discontinuing Picasa. It was simple, flexible and integrated. I'll miss it. They say that Google Photos is the replacement, but you can't even change the loving white balance in Photos. :(

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 29, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Also applies to wardrobe and costume design.

:perfect:

I'm still eternally amused that the office's biggest Mad Max fan is a small, late-50s grandmother.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

meatpimp posted:

Agreed.

In other news, does Kratom make you look like you're on meth? I had a student last week that was talking about doing it, meanwhile he was agitated, aggravated, unable to focus and looked like he was ready to blow.

My wife's grandpa took it for pain management when the VA kept cutting his morphine prescription further. He didn't exhibit any of those symptoms, though he talked with his Dr first about it as an alternative and his Dr essentially said,"I can't tell you that I'd suggest it, but you really have nothing to lose if it doesn't work." It turned out that it worked quite well for his particular needs, mostly not being in pain.

The dude you had in class was probably just on something and was looking to score whatever he could get his hands on.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

PaintVagrant posted:

Found a local machine shop. Anyone have a ballpark of what a fair labor price is for pressing some poly bushings in a pair of LCA's would be? The arms are new and have stock bushings in em.

Welp, local crusty old dudes parts store/machine shop said $30. Seems like a fuckin steal to me, Im going to bring em a box of donuts when I go to pick the arms up. Also, took a wheel and tire to Belle tire to get it mounted to test fit on my fiances car...no charge.

Must be living a karmically positive lifestyle so far this year :stare:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

It's an opiod agonist, so no. Unless he was just withdrawing like crazy.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

88h88 posted:

I am still in mourning for the creme egg :(

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

I misread this as "Lewis Black" and now I want an F&F movie shot from a dashcam perspective with him yelling at other drivers for 3 hours.

Oh god, I am so in for this.

"HEY FUCKWIT, USE YOUR loving TURN SIGNAL WHEN YOUR GOING TO ROLL YOUR CAR!!!!"

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Tomarse posted:

I've still not had one of the new ones and I don't think I'll bother. How bad are they?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

literally a fish posted:

Yeah, I have the same problem. Motive extractor seems like a good idea until you realize it's probably not draining as much oil as you'd get out the drain plug (since dipstick tube might not go the whole way to the bottom of the pan), it doesn't work on a bunch of cars due to wiggly dipstick paths, and you still gotta deal with the mess the filter makes, so you have to break out the drain pan anyway.

So instead of dropping $$$ on the power extractor I put one of these dope oil drain valves on the Subaru after its last oil change

Don't even have to jack the car up to change oil anymore, no more crush washers or overtorqued drain plugs... and you can drain it when the engine's still pretty hot & thus get more oil out

Pretty rad, really. They even have OE approval from most Japanese automakers, whatever that means (i think means you can use it without voiding warranty?)

Super common misconception. You basically cath your dipstick tube with it (*wince*), so it doesn't matter if the dipstick tube goes all the way to the bottom (none of them do!) as long as it aims roughly at the deepest part of the pan. Which I can't think of any engines that don't, because you have to measure the resting level of the oil and most pans don't leave oil sitting on the shallow sections of the pan, only in the sump, the shallow sections all slope toward the pan and are just there to direct oil from the rest of the engine down into the sump.

Like Safety Dance said, he's got a bum leg and in his case, with a TJ (IIRC), the filter can be gotten about as easily from above as it can from below, long as you don't break the oil pressure sender in half doing it. I can see using one in a situation like that.

Doesn't make much sense for any of the crapcans I maintain at present, however, since the Forester, Justy, and Roadmaster all have oil filters on the bottom anyways.

Speaking of which we did the oil changes on the Forester and Roadmaster yesterday because it was like 50 degrees out. Other than the filter being gorilla-tightened (bought a filter socket wrench at the store to solve this problem) the GF did great after I used the Forester as a demo, as it needed to be done anyways.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Tomarse posted:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CREME EGG!?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Geirskogul posted:

Kraft bought Cadbury and made the UK recipe the same as the US one which made it apparently loving awful.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cadbury-s-loses-6m-after-changing-creme-egg-recipe-a6807591.html

quote:

Creme Eggs took the biggest hit with a 6 million sales slump, according to research by analysts IRI for The Grocer.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

88h88 posted:

Kraft bought Cadbury and made the UK recipe the same as the US one which made it apparently loving awful.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/cadbury-s-loses-6m-after-changing-creme-egg-recipe-a6807591.html

Creme Eggs have been poo poo in the US for over a decade. They changed to a much smaller egg with a terrible internal filling. I miss the original ones, those were loving delicious.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I haven't had one for awhile, but I remember them being goopy and big and delicious. I grew up on them.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Looks like I'll be starting work on Thursday. Thank gently caress. So bored and so broke.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

gently caress food poisoning. I don't know what it came from yesterday, but I can barely keep down water today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

88h88 posted:

I've still not had one of the new ones and I don't think I'll bother. How bad are they?

Its not like its going to kill you or anything but yeah - don't bother. The experience will taint all your memories of how good they used to be and make you sad.

Just imagine eating a tasty cream egg - but then replace all the nice chocolate with poo poo chocolate.

Geirskogul posted:

CHOCOLATE THAT TASTES LIKE poo poo

• Locked thread